Submit

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:23 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:35 am
Related Links:

Life with Ana :: Skin Deep
Ana's underground grotto (A Pro-Ana site)
Make Up Your Mind - A look at the pro-ana movement (research site).
Listing of Pro-Anorexia Sites.  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:32 am
Are you suggesting that through pop-culture, a new goddess has emerged?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:03 am
In a way, yes. Or at least, some followers percieve her as one.  

Jameta
Captain

The Wallaby

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:27 am
Wow... thats so awful, and yet I can't help but blame companies like McDonalds and restaraunts for providing us with cheap, fattening, unhealthy food in over-large portions. I'd also blame Barbie, but she's been blamed enough as it is.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:01 am
Jameta
In a way, yes. Or at least, some followers percieve her as one.
...And people say the Morrigan is bad. I bet Aphrodite is ready to kill over this new goddess. Or seduce someone to kill Ana for her.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:01 pm
So wait..

*ponders*

I think I get it..

To me, Ana is beautiful, with an eerie voice. She has long flowing blonde hair that ends with gentle curves. She has the fairest skin of all the goddesses. She has inviting green eyes ad beautifully scultped eyebrows. She's tall and has breasts that aren't large but aren't small. She wears greens and browns. She has the perfect measurements.

And when she speaks to one that believes she harms people, her eyes turn an evil red, and her skin cracks. Her teeth yellow and form spikes. Her hair turns to a mix of blonde and brown and the curls vanish. Her eerie voice turns to a deep, almost demonic voice.

That's how I envision her.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:20 pm
To me, this Ana character has a lovely face, having every feature my (american) society sees as "beautiful"- the luscious lips, soft, lightly round cheeks, baby-blue eyes, and shinning blonde hair. However, she wears a dark cloak over her body, as underneath she's as skinny or skinnier than a Nazi death-camp prisoner. She carries a large mirror with her that distorts the image of onlookers into somethign grotesquely fat.

She has a brother named Obe, who essentially looks and acts like Fat b*****d from Austin Powers. The two tend to fight and have different methods, but the projected imagery is all the same. Their cousins include Depp and Anxi.

...Yeah, I've thought on this way too long. sweatdrop Part of it may be because I'm fascinated by how human perception works. I have two sides on this case: one part of me finds this laughable, that people would follow something so... bitchy; the other side of me is perplexed and 'creeped-out' that the mind can warp itself so.

In a related sense, a quote from someone on the news today: "Obesity isn't a disease."

I do believe this was from some big-business food company spokesman, but it really doesn't matter. So, yes, it isn't a "disease" with viruses and/or bascteria; however, it is a disease-like condition, like a mental disease (you might even classify it as a mental disease, but I do not know enough about the subject, so I'm not going to really say anything).

So blah, people are psycho. mrgreen  

Jameta
Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:24 pm
The Wallaby
Wow... thats so awful, and yet I can't help but blame companies like McDonalds and restaraunts for providing us with cheap, fattening, unhealthy food in over-large portions. I'd also blame Barbie, but she's been blamed enough as it is.

"The McDonalds has you." ninja

I'm not going to blame barbie- she's been through enough. If I do blame a doll for anything, though, it will be those slutty Bratz characters. Oh yes, they're promoting acceptable fashion. rolleyes And I absolutely dispise the baby versions- the only time I see babies dressed like that are when I see someone who is a good candidate for the Jerry Springer show. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:23 pm
Jameta
The Wallaby

"The McDonalds has you." ninja

I'm not going to blame barbie- she's been through enough. If I do blame a doll for anything, though, it will be those slutty Bratz characters. Oh yes, they're promoting acceptable fashion. rolleyes And I absolutely dispise the baby versions- the only time I see babies dressed like that are when I see someone who is a good candidate for the Jerry Springer show. xp
I just find the entire thing disturbing. Allthough, is this the first of new dieties to be develloped in our era, or have other come before Ana?  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Akwila

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:32 pm
i heard about this from a friend i thought it was joke stare , so i guess is just a cult  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games