Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
View Results

trampyre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:58 pm
I love the creepy ambience.
The feeling of being part of one big, spooky family.
Not having to worry that someone will try to drug my drink.
Knowing that the music will rock me.
The little nooks and dark crannies to sit and enjoy a good drink with friends.
Like a touchstone in the night, a secret haven for the forsaken...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:05 pm
Didn't know such things existed... sounds fun. 3nodding  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:09 pm
I've heard of them in passing, but I've never had the fortune of visiting one myself.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:32 pm
All my town has is sports bars. sad  

UraniumMonk

trampyre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:19 am
Dead_Ed
Didn't know such things existed... sounds fun. 3nodding

oh my! If you're of legal drinking age, you might want to go and check out your local goth club scene. If not, there may be all-ages events or concerts you can go to instead. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:24 am
lurichan
I've heard of them in passing, but I've never had the fortune of visiting one myself.

It helps having the right people to go with, and may take a while before you find the 'right' place where you feel comfortable. I was out of the local club scene for a long time while I was away for school... then came back, it was quite lovely and refreshing.  

trampyre

trampyre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:26 am
UraniumMonk
All my town has is sports bars. sad

That sucks!! Where do all the alternative people go for fun then? There's gotta be something there... cry  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:39 am
I live in a college town that only has a handfull of alternative types. Most of the population is fratboys. So the alt. people usually just go get drunk at house parties on the weekends. 3nodding  

UraniumMonk

trampyre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:51 am
UraniumMonk
I live in a college town that only has a handfull of alternative types. Most of the population is fratboys. So the alt. people usually just go get drunk at house parties on the weekends. 3nodding

I guess that's not so bad. I lived in a college town for a few years... the town just...died during the summer. There were a couple alternative bars, but it was really a jock/gino type university, and most of the bars reflected that mindset. I think there was maybe one or possibly two places I liked while I was there, but I still felt out of place.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:18 am
Goth clubs are a lot of fun and you can meet some interesting people there.

A lot of clubs aren't purely goth though- it is often clubs that have a specific Goth night, that could be why a lot of people have never heard of them.  

Exquisite Cadavre

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

AngelusSilenti

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:55 am
trampyre
I love the creepy ambience.
The feeling of being part of one big, spooky family.
Not having to worry that someone will try to drug my drink.
Knowing that the music will rock me.
The little nooks and dark crannies to sit and enjoy a good drink with friends.
Like a touchstone in the night, a secret haven for the forsaken...

Here, here, I agree with ye  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:20 am
Around here there aren't necessarily "Goth Clubs" as much as there are Goth-ish events at clubs. That makes me sad. crying  

TheWitchGotRobin

trampyre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:31 am
Rose Mortem
Goth clubs are a lot of fun and you can meet some interesting people there.

A lot of clubs aren't purely goth though- it is often clubs that have a specific Goth night, that could be why a lot of people have never heard of them.

Yeah, usually that's how it is. It makes me sad though that so many towns don't have a goth club to call their own.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:09 am
I also heart goth clubs, the music, the company, the feeling of being around fellow freaks!

I'm extraordinarily lucky in that I can name three clubs that play alternative music exclusively, let alone the specific nights they and other clubs have dedicated to metal, goth and punk throughout the week. Not to mention the goth/alt friendly pub near to my favourite club (which regularly has a more than averagely hot customers eek xd )

The benefits of having quite a large alt scene in a city are definately large, if only dampened down by the large chav scene.....well, I suppose you can't have something good without something bad, eh? xp  

Isobel Bellamy

~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff