Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Halloween helping

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whic is better?
  Crochet?
  kntting
  other
  a combination of something above
View Results

Kanhoro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:47 pm
any1 know how to make a ninja suit with the tabi boots or a good deal. and i only have about 25$ which is not alot. and no intricat or colorful dragon and stuff just normal ninja costume. any1?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:29 pm
Tabi boots?  

VP Club Freakin Justice

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:33 pm
do you have a picture of what you want?

I am not sure what you can do for twenty five bucks, other than ask your parents for more money.
I always find that if you want your parents to buy you somehting its best to take them into the store with you point at what you want then explain how you can't afford it. But be carefull to be sneaky, you are actually in the store to find out how much it costs/buy something else thats cheap and sensable (parents love cheap and sensable).  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:34 pm
You're going to be a ninja too? Rock on ninja

As for your money problem, maybe you could go to a garage sale and see if there's some throw-away stuff you could spruce up. That's what being crafty is all about mrgreen  

x_dreamweaver_x

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:23 pm
I know McAlls has a kimono pattern that also has a ninja in it.
if you get it at walmart I think it will be like 14 buck's...and then they have 1$ yard fabric, and they sould have it in black.
yes I know I said walmart sad but hay when you want cheep, there they way to go.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:08 pm
You might be able to look at Target or K-Mart or another discount store for inexpensive sweatshirts and pants. Then you can cut and sew them together to create the color patterns you want.

As for the mask, you might be able to use some inexpensive fabric or modify a ski mask - being crafty is being creative, so be proud of your creativity! biggrin  

Brunette_Star

Phishy

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:28 pm
Well if all else fails there is always the T-shirt ninja method. Simply take a T-shirt and tie it about your head so that the neck opening is streached over your eyes to create a ninja like mask effect. rolleyes

Honestly though, check for sale coupons and the like and see if you can't get the suppiles for less. Jo Anns is always sending me 40% off any one item coupons via e-mail. Using those and maybe going to the store a few extra times you could theoretically get the supplies at a highly discounted rate.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:20 am
i agree on discount stores and such as that, but icant let my parents know bc they dont really thin kthat hallowen has anythign to do with school, and they also think cosplay people are weird and i shouljd not be like htan) i think they are sool XD ) anyways so i have to do it myself and all, i know how to do the ninaj mask out of the tshrit, it was cool, i can buy a costume for 25 * robabaly already too late to order it now or i can order it for next year) but i need to find some tabi boots.  

Kanhoro

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff