Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
So i think that Cernunnos has been calling to me Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DR490N

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:27 pm
The problem is that i'm very new to paganism and find myself unable to figure out if it really is him, or if it's my imagination. now heres the thing.

i keep getting odd images in my head. a man with stag's antlers(consistent with the images of cernunnos that are recorded), typically offering a golden torc to me(the torc's body made of twisted bar, and with celtic dragon heads on the ends) and holding a vine wrapped around his foream with hte end clutched in his hand. he looks like he's in pretty good shape, and has very strange, intense eyes, no color, but its as if they're something primal and superbly intelligent. another image that keeps coming into my head is simply every image of cernunnos i've seen, all of which seem to be drawing me in. the third one is the image of an oak tree, very large, very old, with a low hanging branch suspending a torc, still solid gold, and still the same design.

anyone care to help me? how might i contact him and communicate with him? how will i know if i'm really talking to cernunnos?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:56 pm
I have No idea there o.o For me, when I got visit from Anubis, I just knew, there was no question *shrugs* Hopefully it is he... Have you ever gotten a 'hint' from him? Some odd bit of memory that seemed perfectly normal and insignificant at the time but dons't totally make sence now to hint it is indeed Cernunos visiting you now?

Anibus did that to me, finally worked when I figured out the connection between hint and visit.

Best of Luck!  

Anabis

Monster Mage

21,250 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250

DR490N

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:58 pm
never said he was visiting me, but i feel that the visions/images in my head do not come from me.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:04 pm
DR490N
never said he was visiting me, but i feel that the visions/images in my head do not come from me.
That's what I call a visit. Fun, arn't they?  

Anabis

Monster Mage

21,250 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:43 am
The visions may very well be an invitation/visit; my advice would to to meditate on it and try and make contact to confirm. What strikes me as odd, however, is the colour of the torque; are you sure it's gold and not perhaps bronze?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:58 pm
might be bronze, but it looks gold and the thought in my head is that its gold. i know that in at least one of my lives i was a very strong and very well respected warrior, and i know i fought the romans. this may have some connection with that, seeing as historical accounts indicate that the 'champions' would come into battle with only their sword and a golden torc. i have yet to validify any of my past lives, save for one, having some memories that are shared by another, so i dont know if this has anything to do with anything.

so how might i go about contacting cernunnos?  

DR490N

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:26 pm
DR490N
might be bronze, but it looks gold and the thought in my head is that its gold. i know that in at least one of my lives i was a very strong and very well respected warrior, and i know i fought the romans. this may have some connection with that, seeing as historical accounts indicate that the 'champions' would come into battle with only their sword and a golden torc. i have yet to validify any of my past lives, save for one, having some memories that are shared by another, so i dont know if this has anything to do with anything.

Actually, the warriors did not wear gold; they wore bronze. Only chieftains and kings/princes et al were permitted to wear golden torques. Druid wore silver. Jewlery was done up very much like the number of colours one was permitted to wear, and it was decided by class.

As to how you would go about contacting him, I would recomend meditate; go journeying and see if he shows up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:52 am
journeying? i've never quite heard of that one before  

DR490N

Kuroyue

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:37 pm
Gypsy Blue
DR490N

Actually, the warriors did not wear gold; they wore bronze. Only chieftains and kings/princes et al were permitted to wear golden torques. Druid wore silver. Jewlery was done up very much like the number of colours one was permitted to wear, and it was decided by class.

As to how you would go about contacting him, I would recomend meditate; go journeying and see if he shows up.

Journeying? I'll admit that I have heard of it, but I never knew how to journey in meditation, only staying still and thinking as little as possible.
I'd also like to know more about journeying. How is it done? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:13 am
Perhaps I'm simply calling it by the wrong name, but for me it's when I meditate with a particular goal and destination in mind. You'll need to relax and calm your mind. Next step is to just let your mind go and project your consciousness (I wish I could tell you where, but I can't; I have no idea where I go when I do this, I just know I get there. It may be some level of the Astal Plane). They key to this is to place yourself where you should be able to make contact, so in this case, placing yourself in a forest is probably for the best. And then you wait. Feel free to explor your surroudings while you're there, but keep an eye out; you may make direct contact, or you may need to interpert signs.  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

DR490N

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:48 pm
is time a factor? my last life held a forest near london, england where i could get a sense of peace. or do you mean i have to astral project? i can't yet. i'm getting close but some pain always breaks my concentration.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:42 pm
Is the whole journey an out of body experience, seen with the third eye, or envisioned? I can't astral travel, and I haven't activated my third eye.  

Kuroyue

Pelta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:09 am
DR490N
how might i contact him and communicate with him?
How about doing as much research as you can about the historical Cernunnos and finding out whether the lore and the facts fit your images? You might be surprised what you find.

Quote:
how will i know if i'm really talking to cernunnos?
Test him. Ask him to prove himself to you. I doubt he would take offense.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:53 am
DR490N
is time a factor? my last life held a forest near london, england where i could get a sense of peace. or do you mean i have to astral project? i can't yet. i'm getting close but some pain always breaks my concentration.

You're not regressing back to a former life; you feel like you're being called in this one, so this is the one you have to deal with. For the sake of what you're trying to do, forget about your past lives, as they are irrelivant unless Cernunnos says otherwise.

It's an exercise similar to, but not exactly the same as astral projection. Just try and see where you can get; it may be something you need to try several times before you manage, and it may take longer than that to make contact.

Quote:

Is the whole journey an out of body experience, seen with the third eye, or envisioned? I can't astral travel, and I haven't activated my third eye.

It's more of an envisioning. I've never left my physical body while doing these sorts of exercises, but it definately wouldn't hurt to activate your third eye; it lends a bit more clarity and makes it easier.

Quote:
Test him. Ask him to prove himself to you. I doubt he would take offense.

You would probably be wrong; the Celts were a proud people, and their gods are the same. You can't exactly march up to one of them and say "I don't don't believe it's really you, so I'm going to test you!" That would offend most gods of any pantheon. If you have doubts: Research, research, research! Your impressions are important, but I highly doubt that you'll be left with any room to question if you're actually being called.  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:17 am
Here's my advivce for the journeying, but it also is based on my spritual views, so I'll outline those first. If they make sense to you, then go on to read the journeying instructions. If not, feel free to ignore me blaugh

I see the Divine as everywhere, and in everyone. The Gods are all connected, and different facets of this transcendant Divine Spirit. A conclusion of this, is that we are all connected to every single deitity there has ever been or was.

So, for the journeying. You know how Astral Projection, the goal is to go outwards? When you journey, you go in. You're tapping into the microcosm of the human psyche. Try to visualize yourself walking down a spiral staircase, each step going deeper and deeper into you mind, until when you feel yourself ready, see a large ornate door at ther bottom. Go through it, and try tofind your safe space, the little part in you where you can be utterly at ease. It's from there that you'd want to invoke Cernunnos to try to speak to Him.

Just another note, but Herne was also portrayed with antlers. He's more British than Celtic, but I just thought I'd mention it just in case.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff