Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE BASSMASTER'S Fishing Guild!!! Giveaway Soon!!!

Back to Guilds

Reply Rod Discussion
what rod? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragongoro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:20 pm
What rod should I use? currently I have an endurance rod but I still get the same old stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:15 am
It depends on what you like. Endureance rod? Do you mean performance? xp  

Dope Boi Advance

cataclysmic demon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:10 am
get distance, its better than the proformance, it doesn't curve in when you catch a fish.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:29 am
Every rod has it's own advantages and disadvantages..

I'll jus' copy/paste the stuff I posted in another topic xd

User Image Basic rod: Like I said, i's a starter's rod, and by far the worst one...
You can catch the large fish with it (like Stripers..) But the chances are sooo small, it almost seems impossible..

User Image Basic plus: I haven't fished with that one lol But from the info about other upgraded rods, I guess that it's red lines are a bit wider apart, and the casting distance is bigger..
I guess i's better than the unupgraded basic (duh sweatdrop ) And the chances of hookin' a large fish are bigger 3nodding

User Image Strength rod: One of my very first rods.. It has curved lines at the bottom, so i's good if close battles are a trouble for ya 3nodding
Though, it has a huge disadvantage.. It's casting distance ain't big enough to hook large fish.. You can only hook small (like guppies), and medium (like bass).. And a rare (if ya get really lucky wink )

User Image Strength Plus: It's red lines are wider apart, and i's more powerful, even the large fish are a peace of cake with it.. Yes, you heard me right, it's casting distance is bigger, and big enough to hook large fish! =D So, i's one of the finest rods (in my oppinion) wink

User Image Distance rod: It has curved lines at the top, and it's casting distance is very big.. So the chances of hookin' a large fish are very big..
Though it has no curved lines at the bottom, so close battles ain't easier with it...

User Image Distance Plus: It's red lines are wider apart, and casting distance is optimum (all 100ft) One of the rods, that has the biggest chances of hookin' a large.. I's also the one I mostly use..

User Image Performance rod: It has curved lines at the top and at the bottom, the curve at the bottom ain't as big as strength rod's curves.. The casting distance is big enough to hook large fish..
Well... What can I say?... A pretty decent rod 3nodding

User Image Performance Plus: Red lines are wider apart and the casting distance is very big, but not as big as distance plus..
It is a good rod actually.. 3nodding  

Le Dragriff

Le Dragriff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:31 am
Screenshots of the red lines, and stuff.. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:58 pm
I like using distance rod best  

Irvin5

Remus_Lupin3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:43 pm
Distance Rod +. Plus a Strength Rod + can't hook larges.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:46 am
i usually use the distance +  

Yang-chan

vgupta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:21 am
i've used basic, strength and performance but i get no large fish sad
is it possible to get them without a plus rod or a distance, o should i go buy a distance rod?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:57 am
vgupta
i've used basic, strength and performance but i get no large fish sad
is it possible to get them without a plus rod or a distance, o should i go buy a distance rod?

-ahem-...

Basic rod has the distance to hook large fish, but the chances of that are soooooooooo small!!

I have caught a striper once, and that's it, that's the only large I have caught with a basic

Strength rod can't be cast far enough to hook large fish, so it's a no go (except strength plus)

Performance rod can hook a large fish, and the chances are decent, it just may be that you're losin' them when ya hook one, cuz they're strong and fast.. And they're jus' not that common like small fish...
So, if you use performance, you will get large fish sonner or later! 3nodding

A distance rod has the biggest chances of hookin' a large amongst the unupgraded rods..

And all the upgraded rods can hook' a large..
(strength plus has the smallest chance of hookin' a large amongst the upgraded rods...)  

Le Dragriff

BlueberryJoy

High-functioning Cutesmasher

12,475 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:37 am
Well, I personally do really well with my Performance Rod Plus...but I've never tried the Distance Plus before. smile I think someone might need to forcefully pry the Performance Rod Plus out of my hands to get me to try it, though!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:37 am
Thank you so much for the help Dragriff xd
that cleared up a lot of things!  

vgupta

Remus_Lupin3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:27 pm
I've caught loads of Stripers.
Only if I knew the 'formula'.....  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:14 am
England_Rule_In_Soccer
I've caught loads of Stripers.
Only if I knew the 'formula'.....

formula?  

Yang-chan

Luv-Ink

Territorial Shapeshifter

12,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Tax Evader 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:45 pm
I find my Stength rod + is a wonderful rod to use, it has a distance on it but not like the performance and distance + but it can pull in fish with ease then the others can, well for me it can.  
Rod Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff