Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Christmas Presents ~ Its never too early! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Presents.
  Mostly bought
  Mostly made
  half and half
  Made for the special people only
View Results

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:54 pm
Okay, so i realize its not even thanksgiving yet, but for those of us who intend to knit, crochet, and sew our presents, its never too early to start. How many projects are you taking on this year? Who's on your crafting list?

Make a post, letting us know who in all is on your list, and mayhaps edit it as you make progress, so we can easily see who's where in their holiday crafting activities.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:02 pm
Okay, so my personal present list is as follows:

Family:
Daddy - scarf, wool-ease thick and quick. *STARTED*
Mommy - Green cably-scarf
Andy - felt taru-taru?
Uncle David - scarf like dad's, only colored
Aunt Niki - wrap (on speed sticks!)
Aunt Gloria - felt nutcracker charactors
Cory - cute little fox plushy? scarf?
Grandma - lacey scarf
Grandfather - scarf
Katie - bag?

Friends:
MomO - stuff to make her own scarf, mushroom, happy marshmellows
Mike - alien illusion scarf (from stitch n b***h)
Sara - pocket scarf
Emma (Sara's doll) - bunny sweater (sewn)
Mr. Matty-Matt - happy marshmellows
Fishy - hat
Freshy - Red VS Blue felt plushies, goat
Smitey - Pirate! Taco! felt
Ihire - Felt Cloud/Squall/Sora/someone from video game  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Shinshia24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:59 pm
I make Jewelry and have a small business doing it, so all the women on my christmas list are going to get jewelry. It was a hit last year so hopefully it will be again.

The men are the challenge for me. I never know what to make men. I was going to make scarves for the men, but I have tendonitis and carpal tunnel and it is acting up so knitting is out of the question.

edit: if anybody wants to see some of what I have made, check out my xanga site and my etsy site. My user name is winnie2463 on both  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:45 am
I have a tradition that for all of my closest friends I make an afgan. I was working on two...but the I ran out of yarn. The yarn was given to me with no labels, so now I have to scour the craft store to find a match. stare

I'm in art school, so my mom is getting a painting, and my dad will probably get a drawing.

My grandma might get a painting too; not sure yet.  

knitting_needle_ninja

firrantello

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:19 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I crafted for nearly EVERYONE last year. And I got a headache doing it. What we've done this year is make small heatable rice bags for most people. Then we pretty much bought the rest.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:31 am
Last year I made scarves for all of my frends and I made my mom a purse and then bought presents for the rest of my family. If I have time I plan on making an afghan for my dad thi syear.  

VP Club Freakin Justice

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:33 am
I have an afgan I've been making my dad for a while...like a year...I hate boucle...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:34 am
LadyAnubis
I have an afgan I've been making my dad for a while...like a year...I hate boucle...

Oh I do too - I refuse to ever use it again.  

VP Club Freakin Justice

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:36 am
I actually gave up on it at one point, and frogged six inches off it...then it got stuck, so I decided to keep working on it...and now it's taking me even longer than before.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:40 am
Well, school friends will probably be getting home made cookies again this year. They are cheep and better appricated by guys who live in a dorm than just about anything else I can give them. (although they have earned the infamous name of homewrecker cookies due to the fact that a guys girlfriend broke up with him over them the first year I gave them out gonk Fortunatly he actually thanked me for that, as apparently it was not the best realationship)

Family and older friends will probably be getting art of some sort, or else quick knitting projects like chunky socks or small bags. No specific ideas yet.  

Phishy

Dapper Genius

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:17 am
Phishy - if she broke up with him over cookies? Probably not. sweatdrop

ninja - wow.... i'd never give my friends afgans. I mean, they'd use them, love them, and i'd never want to knit again. xd Luckily i sew, so i still give them blankets sometimes. And of course, that list you see up in my first post, the friends list... thats just my close friends, missing a couple i haven't figured out yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:58 am
my mom's getting a tube-scarfy thing...but i don't have the patience to knit everyone gifts...So most of my friends will be getting small little gifts that let them know I care...and are practical or cute to look at....lack of fundage kinda bites...>.<  

SaelensFrozenFlame

Dragonpearl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:56 am
I have discovered that if I knit anything with a deadline, then it never gets done. So I just knit randomly throughout the year and then give my stuff away when it's done.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:45 am
My mom already has her Christmas gift. I bought it in August and gave it to her before I could lose it.
My daughter will probably be getting donation letters again this year since she's a Gaian too. I may make a hat for her to match the scarf I just finished.
My husband and I will probably sign a "no gift pact" again this year. He thinks he's terrible at buying gifts so he doesn't. The few times he's tried have been disasters. I think it's a mental block.
The ferrets will probably get some new toys to play with, and a donation to the ferret shelter in their names.
I might get myself some yarn to make myself a gift.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:26 pm
I've been doing Christmas Crafting since July, since I like to give homemade gifts to my family and I knew I'd be starting graduate school this year.

So far I've made two crochet beaded necklaces, two cross-stitch designs, and two fuzzy knitted scarves (yay for Lion Brand fun fur!) I've also made a monkey shaped neck pillow (sewn - Simplicity Pattern #5310). I'm hoping I'll get two more neck pillows done shaped like dogs. The neck pillows are for my uncles - men are a bit of a challenge for me, too. ^^;;; Now I just have to think of what to make my boyfriend. He loved the dishcloths I knitted him when he got his own apartment, so if all else fails I might make more of those for him.

I'm also working on another cross-stitch design. All this crafting keeps me sane during my internship!

(Feels a little silly) LadyAnubis and VP Club Freakin Justice...what's boucle? sweatdrop  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff