New House Problems

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:54 am
I'm posting this more or less to get a few other opinions to try and set both my mind and my room mate's at ease.

As of May 3rd, I got my first place (yay!). It's a wonderful three bedroom house, and it's the uppermost of two "appartments" in the town I attend university. Three very good friends of mine had lived there for the past three years, and I was very anxious to take over their lease. We finally did, and I started moving in in the middle of May.

I go uyp now on my weekends off, just to have a place to get away from everything at home, since for commuting reasons and work, I stay there most of the time. One of my room mates is living there for the summer, but works weekends, so we see, unfortunately, very little of each other. On Saturday, I set up my altar and decided it was high time I got Witchy! I decided it was high time that the house was cleansed, consecrated and blessed, if only to remove the stress that had built up there over the past few months. I carried each element (Earth-Spirit) into every room of the house one at a time, walking a clock wise circle and asking the blessings of each element. After that, I walked through with a bowl of salt water to sprinkle, mainly in closets and cupboards and declaired "Out with the old, in with the new!" in each room as well. This was my sixth trip into one of my room mate's empty room when something... unsettling made itself known by the prickling of the hair ont he back of my neck. Upon entering the kitchen, the pepper shaker that had been resting securely on the top of the stove for days flew off in my general direction and the unpleasantness continued to follow me through out the house.

Thinking I may have stepped on a spirit's toes, I informed the presence that so long as it meant no harm and caused no trouble, it was more than welcome to stay on with us, but it intended to be a nuisence, it could clear out because that sort of behavior was not to be tolerated. It eased up, but still certainly wasn't happy.

Before going to bed at 11:00, I lit a few candles and another cone of incense just to try and clear my room. I lay down on the bed to watch the smoke curk, and I can honestly say that I've never seen the smoke rush so fast, nor have I ever seen figures in the smoke before. Most of them were people, some seeming to writh in pain and agony, others were women engaged in some form of eccstatice dance. Others seemed to be dragons, but since I encorporate some draconic practices into my craft, I wasn't too horribly surprised to see them. But then my altar appeared to shrink any time I tried to fix my eyes on it directly. This continued, and scared me silly, until the incense cone of dragon's blood had completely burned itself out.

My one room mate who has been staying there has reported that he's left a presence in the house since the day he moved in May 3rd. He said it was more territorial and mischevious than anything, and notices in the hallway all three of our rooms are on. He's suggested the two of us attempt a circle together the next time I go up, since the power of two is better than the power of one. He used to practice druica, and although he's been away from it for many years, he's more than happy to pitch in with any of my magickal workings.

So my question is, was my imagination simply working over time in an empty house, or would it be as my room mate and I suppose and we have an unexpected house guest whom I doubt will be paying rent? Nextly, does anyone know of a particularily useful method of getting rid of such unwanted guests? I've never had to banish a presence before, and I'm more than a little rusty with my craft due to practice limitations. Any help would be greatly appreciated! sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:29 am
I had to banish a leech from my best friend a couple months ago. Would you like me to modify the ritual a bit then send it to you? I'm pretty sure it would be effective, as long as it can be addapted.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:31 am
That would be fantastic! I'd appreciate it very much  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:35 am
Glad to help 3nodding I tend to find writing up and modifying(sp?) rits fun  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:51 am
I seem to have a very similar problem, however, mine is a spirit that follows the family.
I don't know if its only following me, or my mom.
It hides things on us, for months at a time, then puts them in a spot you've checked about a hundred times, right out in the open, pretty much. >< I hate it. It hid my Oracle Cards last time, I was pissed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:29 pm
I guess I personally got pretty lucky in terms of spirits. After a long time of mistrusting anything invisible, I now have a spider spirit, and a little dragon spirit that live in my room.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Akwila

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:08 am
altho ive never had that kind of entity in my home b4 i have had spirits in my house (even tho their intentions were good, it still creeped me out, so i asked them to leave) so its territorial, mmm, it may not wish to leave, and in that case i suggest you leave it be, so long as its not hurting any one. if worst somes to worst try a binding, then some sort of banishing spell. this is what id do, take a spray bottle fill it with water, take it into your circle, bless it in the name of purification, then take the bottle of water and pritz the areas where you feel most uncomfortable and say something to this effect "leave my house, leave my home, leave me now and bother me never more", again i havent had to do this sort of thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:20 am
Winter Black
I seem to have a very similar problem, however, mine is a spirit that follows the family.
I don't know if its only following me, or my mom.
It hides things on us, for months at a time, then puts them in a spot you've checked about a hundred times, right out in the open, pretty much. >< I hate it. It hid my Oracle Cards last time, I was pissed.

I half wondering if mine hasn't done the same, really. I know my parents home is quite full of spirits, and not all of them have been nice or particularily pleasant. And I know they've followed me in the past into dorm rooms for short periods of time, although they haven't hidden my things (if any of them go for my tarot cards, I'll freak!). The girls who had rented the house before us never had any problems, any usualy occurances and no odd feelings, and they're all pretty sensitive about that sort of thing.

One of the girls spent the majority of this past year so stressedout over nothing we're all quite surprised her head didn't explode. I've more than half wondered if she didn't create for herself a bit of a poltergiest that got left behind when she moved, or something was simply very drawn to the chaos around the house when they moved out. I'm not sure. So long as it bahaves itself, I'd be happy to have it stay! I miss my spooks when there are none around I've had them for so long. whee

And thanks again, Nihilistic Seraph. I'm going to read that over after work, or possibly at work (since it's my aunt's witchy store today and not the tire plant!) and run it by my roomy and see what he thinks.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces