What's Afoot? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:47 am
Well, an odd thought line, but what (if anything) do people generally do with their feet? Do you pain your toe nails the same shade as your fingernails, or do you leave your feet all natural?
Do you ever pamper your feet or do you generally ignore them?
It's really an intersting question if you think about how much time people spend on their feet every day.

Also of relevent interest is has anyone broken bones in their feet or legs, twisted or sprained their ankles, things like that where you couldn't walk much for a while. Did you ever feel like your limited mobility was a major hinderance?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:56 am
The things I do with my feet.
1.) walk on them
2.) trim the toe nails.
3.) kick at the air/ people.

By the way I have Metetaritis Atedenitis.

Probly spell wrong ^^^^

We'll Im told I do but I doubt it.

Doesnt seem anything wrong with my ankels I walk just fine haha  

Crazy_Vamp666

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:28 am
I used to polish my toenails - along with my fingernails. But I just don't care for such frivolities anymore. Too time consuming for something that doesn't really matter.

Now, I just trim my toenails when necessary.

Other than that my feet are mainly used for walking and DDRing.

[[which I haven't gotten to do much of lately]]

crying

Anywho, silly as it is, I have pictures of my feet, because, well, I love them. I like my feet way better than anyone else's feet I've ever seen - mainly because I don't have that long second toe.

So, um, here they are:

User Image

[[sorry for the semi-fuzziness]]

whee

I've never broken a bone - anywhere. Nor have I ever suffered from any limited mobility regarding my feet/legs.

3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:01 pm
An...interesting question to pose there, that's for sure rofl

Well, I used to paint my toe nails, and it was usually the same colour as my fingernails (I like things to match).

I also have flat feet and have regualrly sprained and twisted them. It's all down to being double jointed and hyperflexiblity (my ligaments, tendons and muscles are too elasticated for my own good), so, when I have no weight on my feet, I have arches, the moment I do use them however, my arch bends away and I get flat feet, which then throws my entire leg out of place and causes pain in my hips and knees (my knees are also affected by my hyperflexability which causes pain and easy dislocation eek xp )

The subequent loss of mobility and also severe pain is certainly....vexing to say the least, especially when accompanied those less liable to be understanding of your pain (and thus push you around and agrrivate your pain/tissue damage stare ).  

Isobel Bellamy

Exodus2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:43 pm
got more strength in my legs then my armes  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:16 pm
i once sprained my ankle so bad that i couldnt move the day before halloween, and i couldnt do anything for the holiday, and i already had my costume!  

Katanas Blade

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:40 pm
Wow, interesting topic!

I haven't really done much with/for my feet recently. My aunt treated my best friend and me to manicures and pedicures as a birthday present for me, and I painted my toenails maybe once over the summer. That's pretty much the latest significant pampering I've given my feet. I should probably start treating my feet a little more kindly...

The uses of my feet are pretty much limited to bearing my weight, getting around, playing DDR, and being covered by socks, shoes, slippers, what have you.

I've never broken a bone in my body; alas, several times have I had the misfortune to be awoken in the dead of night by a very painful charlie-horse. Also, I am a natural toe-walker, and have been since childhood. As a result, I have wide feet; that means it's not always very easy to shoe shop for me.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:33 pm
well i dont do much with my feet at all only occasionally putting nail polish on my toe nails.

ive got weak ankles and im always rolling them etc the last time i hurt one of the alot was at my friends bday party but i had a bandage so it was ok. due to my hips being out i have weak knees as well.

ive brocken botyh my litle toes. one on the vacum cleaner the other on the bath room door.  

chick_with_a_chainsaw

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:16 pm
I protect mine with steel-toe boots, to ensure that they're around when I need them for walking or kicking. They're also really usefull for standing on.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:02 pm
i just bought another pair of insulated hiking boots for the upcoming winter. I pay too much attention to the condition of my shoes. but not about my feet or any other clothes. I just hate it when my feet are cold.  

tablecat

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:06 pm
I paint my toenalis.
Moisturize my feet every night.
Use that pumice stone thing.

I reckon I take care of them ok.

Oh! I also have a toe ring that I haven't taken off in 4 or so years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:09 pm
lurichan
Well, an odd thought line, but what (if anything) do people generally do with their feet? Do you pain your toe nails the same shade as your fingernails, or do you leave your feet all natural?
Do you ever pamper your feet or do you generally ignore them?
It's really an intersting question if you think about how much time people spend on their feet every day.

Also of relevent interest is has anyone broken bones in their feet or legs, twisted or sprained their ankles, things like that where you couldn't walk much for a while. Did you ever feel like your limited mobility was a major hinderance?

OH MY GOD YOU LOOK LIKE SAILOR MOON!!!!  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:24 pm
evilfaerie13

OH MY GOD YOU LOOK LIKE SAILOR MOON!!!!

That was the general point. ^_^* It's my sailor moon costume for halloween. ^_^

On topic: I really don't pay much attention to my feet personally. I don't paint my toe-nails or anything special. The only good thing I think I've ever done for my feet is I have gel insoles in my work shoes so they aren't so bad at the end of the day.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:43 pm
some jerk screwed up my boots today. he's all like 'are they steel toed?' and before i could say 'no, they'd insulated hiking boots.', he stomped on one, folding up the front. i managed to kind of fix it though.
i mean seriously, what kind of moron wears industrial work boots to school? they're just some dumb accessory, like those flip-up lights on cars. 'OMG MAI BUTS Hav METL IN THEM I M SO KEWL'.  

tablecat

Lexiegirl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:02 pm
I'm bow-legged and have weak ankles.
Therefore I'm very prone to sprains or even possibly breaks (even though I haven't yet).
I've almost broken my leg twice in the past year.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff