I suppose.
  I don't play games.
  Final Fantasy sucks.
  Whatever.
View Results

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:10 am
It comes out on Halloween this year.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm super excited for it. I've played the demo.

The graphics are killer, the music is awesome - despite the fact that Nobuo isn't doing the soundtrack, aside from the main theme - the battle system is completely new for a FF game, and the storyline seems spectacular.

I have some high hopes for this game.

If you know nothing about it, go here in order to learn more about this new addition to the Final Fantasy series.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:14 am
Hmm... espers and magicite again? That reminds me of FFVI. I wonder how much of the plot will be based on that then. It's been a while since I've played it, but I'm pretty sure they closed the portal between the world of espers and the world they lived in during 6, which might explain why they had mentioned something about manufacturing espers. That also might be why almost none of the shown espers are the same as old ones (except of course ultima).

I see a lot of character similarities right now, so I'll hold my general opinions on that until after I've perhaps played it a bit. I'm not picking it up right away though in part because I'm still a bit annoyed about FFXI being released only as an online game. -_-* I know that sounds a little petty, but when it was released I didn't have internet access, and it really bothers me to think of having to pay so much to play a game each month. I'm of the theory that if you buy a game, you should be able to play it without additional fees included. ~_~  

lurichan
Vice Captain

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:07 am
It's not petty.

I'm irked that XI was online as well. My boyfriend and I have griped numerous times over how XI should've been called FFOnline because it's not even an RPG - therefore has nothing to do with the main series. It's an MMO.

And what you said, having to pay to play. Lame! And the fact that not everyone has internet access or even internet speedy enough to get good ping etc...

gonk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:33 pm
no dude, get tenchu DS. it rocks. I mean Pokemon mystery dungeon. THAT game rocks.  

tablecat

Spam / Gaming - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff