Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

have one?
  aye. (did i spell thay right???)
  nay
View Results

dreaming_tonight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:24 pm
So...anyone have 'em? I know this is a wierd thread but just talk about your experince with them. ( ex: your wearing one on the bus and someone backs away because your GOTH!!! )

My mom let me get one...finnaly....but she won't let me wear it in the house because it freaks her out.

There's this other goth girl in school with a trench coat, apparently she thinks we look alike with it on the that bothers her...not me. you see...we don't look the same at all. if we did, THEN it would bother me. so we have this deal about wearing it so each of our individualities are protected.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:01 pm
i absoluty want a trench coat...a couple of my friends have them and i really want one but ever time i go to get one my mom says no..so i'm gonna hope when i can drive..which will be soon..i'll go get one with my own money  

Willie-John[Abomination]

dreaming_tonight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:14 pm
Willie-John
i absoluty want a trench coat...a couple of my friends have them and i really want one but ever time i go to get one my mom says no..so i'm gonna hope when i can drive..which will be soon..i'll go get one with my own money

congrats on almost being able to drive!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:20 pm
Hmm.... I have a hooded wool peacoat. Not very goth though it is black... I was going for warm. Trench coats just dont do anything for me. xp  

Airwren

Deadside Dreams

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:25 pm
I wear a simple large, black duster. I hate all the cyber goth s**t you can get at HotTopic.

My coat is simple, roomy, warm, and it has very large pockets. Makes it very easy to steal s**t, which I do very often, and it has a detachable fleece lining for when it gets really cold.

I ordered it from Austrailia out of a catalogue. It was a little pricy at $200, but I feel it was well worth it. It's heave oilskin, so it's very durable and waterproof.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:30 pm
Deadside Dreams
I wear a simple large, black duster. I hate all the cyber goth s**t you can get at HotTopic.

My coat is simple, roomy, warm, and it has very large pockets. Makes it very easy to steal s**t, which I do very often, and it has a detachable fleece lining for when it gets really cold.

I ordered it from Austrailia out of a catalogue. It was a little pricy at $200, but I feel it was well worth it. It's heave oilskin, so it's very durable and waterproof.

I didn't get mine at Hot Topic. Or any specialty store for that matter.

You can find some pretty cool stuff at non-goth/punk shops you know. You can even make a few modifications to them to goth 'em up a bit more. or punk up. or whatever you do.

The only reason I will go to Hot Topic is because the nearest specialty store takes about an hour to get to that I know of and I can't drive, and because you wont find a " the misfits" t-shirt at target or whatever...nor wil you find chains or arm socks and other things like that...  

dreaming_tonight

Exodus2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:53 pm
trying to get one that isnt that expensive  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:00 pm
Ahhhh.... I love trench coats. Especially my boyfriend's black leather one. It's lovely. He let me wear it once so as to warm me up. He hid me inside of it on Valentine's Day. I want one like it. heart  

EvFaerAshlynn

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:03 pm
Mine was $150.

I'm proud of that deal.

I love my trenchy. If you've seen mine, you've seen Macabre_Cogitation's. It's frightening how alike we are.

Anywho, it's a great coat. Real leather, almost touches the floor. I never button it either.

Here are some horrid pictures of me wearing it.

[click to enlarge]

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:04 pm
Well, another trench coat thread.

Haha, okay, I own a trench coat, but you can also say it's an overcoat.
It's really nice, smooth, warm, and leathery.

It's more of a dress style, looks much like the ones from the 50s, and I enjoy it dearly.
Many say it suits me very well, including adminstration at my school. I've had a lot of teachers comment me on how nice it is.
And another thing, I picked it up at a surplus coat store for about 150$. It is that expensive for it is a tripple extra large, and it's real leather.

Now, for those low on money, go to your local Army Surplus store. There is one directly accross the streat from me that sells some coats for about 10$, just never in my size. I have a few friends who bought theirs there.

Just look around your town and check out the Goodwill, or other places like that. You never know....
EDIT: Lol, yes, Emily's and I's are very similar. The only difference in ours, besides the size, is in the collar of the coat.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

Deadside Dreams

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:13 pm
dreaming_tonight
Deadside Dreams

I didn't get mine at Hot Topic. Or any specialty store for that matter.

You can find some pretty cool stuff at non-goth/punk shops you know. You can even make a few modifications to them to goth 'em up a bit more. or punk up. or whatever you do.

The only reason I will go to Hot Topic is because the nearest specialty store takes about an hour to get to that I know of and I can't drive, and because you wont find a " the misfits" t-shirt at target or whatever...nor wil you find chains or arm socks and other things like that...

Lol, I wasn't dissing HT's. I go there a lot for guages and new labrets. I'll just steal Tshirts. I'm saying I hate the coats that are that light denim s**t that falls apart way too easily with all the zippers and grommets that do nothing. I just think it's silly looking.

To me, "Goth" is just a black coat, combat boots, and black jeans; Sisters of Mercy and Bauhaus style lol  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:24 pm
Wow, way to be cool and steal.

rolleyes

MortSanglant

[[ neon.bonbon ]]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:26 pm
Deadside Dreams

*jaw drops*
....no.....fair...
that is the coolest thing ever....
i want to one
>.<  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:36 pm
MortSanglant
Wow, way to be cool and steal.

rolleyes

Ah, cynicsm. It really gets you no where.  

Deadside Dreams

BleachTheirEyes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:29 pm
I'm not too fond of trench coats but I have three of them. I rarely wear any of them. The first was bought at Trash and Vaudville awhile ago. It's very light, fits me perfectly, and gives me an amazing figure, not to mention I love the buttons. The second, *blush* is one my mother brought home for me when she was shopping for jeans at Hot Topic. Its one of those gaudy cheap pleather things with the straps and whatnot, but she thought it was cute. I've lent it out a bit for school costumes and stuff.

The third and final coat I have is my favorite. Its a very worn, heavy denim-like material and a bit too long and wide at the shoulders. I carry it around like a trophy. It belonged to my first love and lover. Not only did I steal away his dignity, but in the end he gave me one of his trench coats that I had most coveted. It's actually a very lovely coat. I would wear it to death if it hadn't been made for someone so damn tall. =/  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff