Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Amerikkka Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tablecat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:25 pm
What is it with kids today about anti-americanism? I see it everywhere, Gaia, 4chan, etc. It's stupid. They go on ranting about how fascist the american government is, and the redundant thing about that is that their beliefs are actually more intolerant than america is. I mean, there are racsists who live outside america. the Ku Klux Klan had members who were born and raised in canada. Canada didnt accept chinese into the country for over 50 years, and disencouraged jewish immigrants from coming into the country during world war 2, even going so far as to send a boatfull of refugees back to germany. The UK enslaved hundreds of thousands of blacks. the spanish conquered latin america, forced its people to give up their culture and a lot of it's language, the chinese view themselves as a superior race of humans, the japanese typically hate outsides. The american government doesnt think it's a good idea to rebuild new orleans, and OOPS, GEORGE BUSH HATES BLACKS. I mean seriously, america has had worse leaders. i typically veiw bush haters as jelous that a fat moron could be president.
i mean seriously. grow up.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:34 pm
Honestly, I don't much like it here due to a lacking intelligence factor, degrading public school system, and over zealous leaders.

I love this country though, for it's view on immigrants, legal or not.
On how we heavily dislike ilegal immigrants, when this country is based on stolen land where we slaughtered millions of Indians for it, enslaved them, move them around a country like we owned it. Don't forget our enslavement of the black people from Afrika. Or how we even went so far as to take all Japanese citizens in Amerika duirng WWII, and put them in camps, similar to conectration camps, minus the severe heavy labor and killings.

Hrm...shall we even forget our stanch view on anyone from Cuba?
-sigh- I'm just pointing out how you forget to mention some of our not so nice past.

I love this country though, despite the decline in common education. curse you No Child Left Behind program!
Sad thing is, I want to be a teacher.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:48 pm
Kids today hate America because Hot Topic & Green Day tell them they should.

America = Last major race riot, 1979 (Detroit)

France = Last major race riot, June 2006 (French football fans started chanting "Get the ******** niggers off the ******** field" [in french] at a game)

I'm not saying America is perfect, but there are a lot of great things about America that kids don't recognize. America may not be the best country in the world, but it could easily make the top 10.

I hate when teenagers say things like "America sucks. I'd live ANYWHERE but here,". Really? I bet there are thirty or forty million starving, AIDS-infected African orphens who'd trade places with you.

*takes a breath*

I'll continue later.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:51 pm
i disagree with yoo everyone dislikes gorge bush for dragging this on and making up crap about those weapons of mass destruction and when they discovered nothing he said 'they must have taken them away before we came.' where?! they are weapons of mass distruction not frickin illeagal drugs its pretty hard to move them without all the soldiers that bush has kept in their country noticing, after all the are WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!!! plus many people hate him cuz he is killing children and parents in iraq just because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. plus alot of people are against him cuz they are against war, and yes i know it was not 100% his fault but if he had taken his soldiers out of iraq earlier then perhaps those poor people would stop needing to kill u.s u.k and e.u citizens.  

JustAnotherNancyBoy-x

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:54 pm
evil-mad-cat
i disagree with yoo everyone dislikes gorge bush for dragging this on and making up crap about those weapons of mass destruction and when they discovered nothing he said 'they must have taken them away before we came.' where?! they are weapons of mass distruction not frickin illeagal drugs its pretty hard to move them without all the soldiers that bush has kept in their country noticing, after all the are WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!!! plus many people hate him cuz he is killing children and parents in iraq just because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. plus alot of people are against him cuz they are against war, and yes i know it was not 100% his fault but if he had taken his soldiers out of iraq earlier then perhaps those poor people would stop needing to kill u.s u.k and e.u citizens.

We're not talking about being anti-Bush, we're talking about being anti-American.

I LOVE America.

But I HATE Bush.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:58 pm
GilAskan
evil-mad-cat

We're not talking about being anti-Bush, we're talking about being anti-American.

I LOVE America.

But I HATE Bush.
but thats why so many people are anti-america now days...the leader...it makes america come-off violent and cold...though this may not be the case it is bush that is a strong influence on what yoo think of america...unfortuanatly it is that way  

JustAnotherNancyBoy-x

tablecat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:16 pm
evil-mad-cat
GilAskan
evil-mad-cat

I LOVE America.

But I HATE Bush.
but thats why so many people are anti-america now days...the leader...it makes america come-off violent and cold...though this may not be the case it is bush that is a strong influence on what yoo think of america...unfortuanatly it is that way
they've had more violent leaders. Reagan, Nixon, Washington.
Bush loves his country. he was raised that way. it's just pride. i mean, it could be viewed in the same manner of a mother not letting their kid hang around with people of questionable character.

and about iraq, think about how many innocent peole died due to any war. s**t happens. and the WMD? they might have had it, but not hey, who knows for sure. I mean North Korea is in a lot of the same conditions as Iraq during Saddam's reign, and they like to blow up nucler bombs for fun.

and cuba, well, putting nuclear missiles in the hands of a communist leader in range of millions of people he hates for no REAL reason, you are bound to get some response of any kind. i mean, look at the cubans who hate america. they had to grow up with propaganda their whol lives, just like any american. or canadian. or german, etc.

and canada puts their own people in camps. labour camps. also the japanese. so yeah.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:30 pm
Rapeseed
evil-mad-cat
GilAskan
evil-mad-cat

I LOVE America.

But I HATE Bush.
Bush loves his country. he was raised that way. it's just pride. i mean, it could be viewed in the same manner of a mother not letting their kid hang around with people of questionable character.

and about iraq, think about how many innocent peole died due to any war. s**t happens. and the WMD? they might have had it, but not hey, who knows for sure. I mean North Korea is in a lot of the same conditions as Iraq during Saddam's reign, and they like to blow up nucler bombs for fun.

and cuba, well, putting nuclear missiles in the hands of a communist leader in range of millions of people he hates for no REAL reason, you are bound to get some response of any kind. i mean, look at the cubans who hate america. they had to grow up with propaganda their whol lives, just like any american. or canadian. or german, etc.

and canada puts their own people in camps. labour camps. also the japanese. so yeah.
but its not even so much of the fact that innocents died by being in a bomb zone the fact that i have seen three people who are now young teenagers describe their expierience of being forced to kill their parents, is that realy the same as an accident? i dont think so, so a man who would do this or allow it to happen comes off as completely inhumain and quite frankly should not be respected. so those who believe in peace and who have seen and heard things like this have decieded that america is unfair because of one bad man who happens to rule it. i am not saying that bush is evil i just believe that if he was half decent wouldnt he have stopped at young boys having to wittness their parents deaths, even people killed for hating the soldiers for dominating their country? i think that bush has made people not want him to be their president, leaving them hating their country with a passion.  

JustAnotherNancyBoy-x

tablecat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:41 pm
evil-mad-cat
Rapeseed
evil-mad-cat
GilAskan
evil-mad-cat

I LOVE America.

But I HATE Bush.

but its not even so much of the fact that innocents died by being in a bomb zone the fact that i have seen three people who are now young teenagers describe their expierience of being forced to kill their parents, is that realy the same as an accident? i dont think so, so a man who would do this or allow it to happen comes off as completely inhumain and quite frankly should not be respected. so those who believe in peace and who have seen and heard things like this have decieded that america is unfair because of one bad man who happens to rule it. i am not saying that bush is evil i just believe that if he was half decent wouldnt he have stopped at young boys having to wittness their parents deaths, even people killed for hating the soldiers for dominating their country? i think that bush has made people not want him to be their president, leaving them hating their country with a passion.

right, cause bush can be everywhere at once, fighting crime and stopping suffering. has any president ever been able to do that? he cant just go to iraq and work miracles. which you seem to expect of him when you said that he allows such things to happen. he has never said he condones that. you know who does? nobody I can think of who actually has anything to do with america.

and the part about kids and parents dying. yeah. because the kids who go to iraq are really monsters. just out of school and raping and butchering the world already. it's as if their parents didnt raise them with morals or anything like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:45 pm
Rapeseed
What is it with kids today about anti-americanism? I see it everywhere, Gaia, 4chan, etc. It's stupid. They go on ranting about how fascist the american government is, and the redundant thing about that is that their beliefs are actually more intolerant than america is. I mean, there are racsists who live outside america. the Ku Klux Klan had members who were born and raised in canada. Canada didnt accept chinese into the country for over 50 years, and disencouraged jewish immigrants from coming into the country during world war 2, even going so far as to send a boatfull of refugees back to germany. The UK enslaved hundreds of thousands of blacks. the spanish conquered latin america, forced its people to give up their culture and a lot of it's language, the chinese view themselves as a superior race of humans, the japanese typically hate outsides. The american government doesnt think it's a good idea to rebuild new orleans, and OOPS, GEORGE BUSH HATES BLACKS. I mean seriously, america has had worse leaders. i typically veiw bush haters as jelous that a fat moron could be president.

There are enough logical fallacies and oversimplifications in that rant that I am not even reading the responses let alone adding my own, but I will say this:
Americans, like everyone else, have to negotiate the boundaries between realism and idealism in some way. People are going to do so according to the paths provided to them by books, parents, acquaintances, music, tv, etc. Those people will continue the pattern. I have yet to see anyone escape.  

Silenus Slade

JustAnotherNancyBoy-x

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:54 pm
Silenus Slade
Rapeseed

There are enough logical fallacies and oversimplifications in that rant that I am not even reading the responses let alone adding my own, but I will say this:
Americans, like everyone else, have to negotiate the boundaries between realism and idealism in some way. People are going to do so according to the paths provided to them by books, parents, acquaintances, music, tv, etc. Those people will continue the pattern. I have yet to see anyone escape.
i am not even going to have thios debate anyfurther all i will say is that everyone is perfectly intitled to their view, and no one can change that but i think that perhaps...it is just to rebel against the country? the simplest explainasion yet quite possibly a reason that kids hate the country...just to rebel.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:13 pm
Eh.
I hate it when kids say they hate America and can't give me a valid reason why.(Hah. I say kids, when I am only 17. Lmao.)
I mean, these people, they will go on and on about how the country sucks, when they aren't even properly informed on why. You can't say something sucks when you LIVE in it. If you don't like it, either do something to change it, or move your a** to some other country. Just, quit bitching for the sake of bitching.
/twocents.

2aetH

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:14 pm
evil-mad-cat
Silenus Slade
Rapeseed

i am not even going to have thios debate anyfurther all i will say is that everyone is perfectly intitled to their view, and no one can change that but i think that perhaps...it is just to rebel against the country? the simplest explainasion yet quite possibly a reason that kids hate the country...just to rebel.

I briefly mentioned that at the beginning of my post, and yes, I agree with you. I think many teens just rebel as a way to justify their existense; to make themselves known and (in some way) be unique.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:18 pm
GilAskan
evil-mad-cat
Silenus Slade
Rapeseed

I briefly mentioned that at the beginning of my post, and yes, I agree with you. I think many teens just rebel as a way to justify their existense; to make themselves known and (in some way) be unique.
not just american kids. a lot of europeans too.  

tablecat

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:10 am
If someone doesn't agree with a certain country's policies you can't just tell them to 'grow up'.
There are plenty of adults who've disagreed with actions taken by America for a long time, so don't say "kids today" as though it's a fad.

I think calling Bush-haters jealous is childish. What about people in your own country who dislike him? What on earth are they jealous of then? Or do you see them as plain stupid?

I don't even think it's real anti-Americanism. I think it's more anti-American government.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff