Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Mad Mayor

5,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:50 pm
As everyone would notice from my answer int he beginner pokemon thread, I take my strategies into thought of types, especially the pros and cons of dual types. So, for the first part, I will state the obvious: Type Advantage! Believe it or not, you can defeat a pokemon by facing it with its own weakness. Most have many weaknesses, others have few. The combination of Dual types also effect weaknesses and strengths, and therefore you need to take note of which ones are duals and wha changes there are. For example:

The Geodude evolutionary line is a hybrid of Ground and Rock. This gives them an advantage against flying types, as they have the Rock defense and attack, one of the Flying types few weaknesses. It does, however, gain a weakness towards Grass types, a weakness that Rock types do not usually keep. They also gain a serious weakness against a VERY common type: Water. One water attack can cause x4 the usual damage

Now then, with that in mind, I would like to see what some strategies you guys can give me and the rest of the crew.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:56 am
SABLEYE@WONDERGUARD=NO WEAK.

SHEDINJA@LEftovers:

Double Edge
Sandstorm

NO WEAK

xD

Anyways. I do hope you will join Netbattle (Goto Smogon.com to download the file).

Type advantage can be rather nice, but it all comes down to speed and move diversity. You won't need the type advantage for. For example, on Netbattle Jolteon is commonly used, for Speed/Sp Atk. T-bolt won't work against a common Ground-Type, such as Swampert. Jolteon is still faster. Swampert has the advantage, but Jolteon will most likely run HP Grass type. Same story w/ the ChoiceBanddactyl. Doesn't fear anything w/ Ice Beam, even w/ a 4x weakness.

Game Over.

Besides, Levitate/ *Blank* Absorb (Plug in Volt, Water), Flash Fire are good enough to combat Type Advantage. xD

Mister Banter

The Mad Mayor

5,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:11 pm
True, Ro, but I'm not talking about NetBattle (Even though I have recently downloaded the game and created a team) You have to remember, this is mostly based from playing the actual games (Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald) where you don't always have free range on moves or what their Hidden Power type is. In Netbattle, in creating your team, you have a free range of their stats and attacks, which is fine for strategic reasons, but provides little challenge.

On the up side, I will be on the game here in an hour or two, so look out for Zachachu, OK, Ro?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:12 pm
*is highly tempted to sticky this*  

Ikaru_Kakou

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

The Mad Mayor

5,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:22 pm
What do you mean, highly trempted, you DID sticky it XP Why not give us some of your own strats, Ikaru  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:41 am
One of my favorite things to do on GBA is make an EV spread and Moveset that people would rarely EVER use.

For example, my friends never expected me to use:

Gengar@Liechi Berry
252 ATK
252 SPD
6 DEF

Explosion
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Focus Punch.

xD It was hilarious when my brother switched in Jolteon on this Gengar (Expecting Thunderbolt) and it died from a Focus Punch. biggrin

Play unexpected. Oh, and abilities are nice, too.

For example, most Smeargle/Breloom sets run Spore. So, when you see Smeargle/Breloom, counter using a Pokemon w/ the Insomnia trait, or switch in something that uses Sleep Talk to take advantage of the Sleep.

What's your Netbattle name, BTW?

Mister Banter

The Mad Mayor

5,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:56 pm
Zachachu XP  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:53 pm
Zacheriah Neoson
What do you mean, highly trempted, you DID sticky it XP Why not give us some of your own strats, Ikaru
Because I'm lame and don't remember them anymore. I got back into pokemon about three months ago, and since it usually takes me about four months to get to the eighth gym in the games and I don't make any actual strategies until then, I don't have any yet. I had some about a year or two ago I think, but I started a new game in Saphire and I just got Emerald last week. My dog ate my Ruby version. crying  

Ikaru_Kakou

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

The Mad Mayor

5,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:09 am
O_O BAD DOG! EVIL DOG! Pokemon is not food!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:10 pm
Technically, it was my sister's puppy, but same difference.  

Ikaru_Kakou

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

kjb dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:54 am
Zacheriah Neoson

no, they are not. well, accept for farfetch'd  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:46 pm
kjb dragon
Zacheriah Neoson

mmmmm.... Farfetch'd....  

Ikaru_Kakou

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Dracina Dragonfire

Familiar Gaian

8,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:28 pm
Ikaru_Kakou
kjb dragon
Zacheriah Neoson

mmmmm.... Farfetch'd....

well, pokemon might be food. Think about it. They have hambergers but have you ever once in the series seen a cow? nope, what does that tell you? they're eating poke-burgers eek  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:24 pm
Miltank?  

Dragonsoulj

Ikaru_Kakou

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:54 pm
Probably Tauros steers. Miltanks are for milk, Tauros are for steaks.

But they would never use a bull Tauros. It'd kill them before dying.  
59: The Official Guild Pokemon Subforum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff