Reply 46: Anarchist's Manifesto
A Blurb on Eco Anarchism

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hatelijk_en_bloeden

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:19 am
Ecotage is effective. Decommissioning a bulldozer prevents it from operating, forcing those bent on destruction to spend more of their precious dollars. Apparantly, our society values property over life, as indicated by more lengthy jail times served for those who embezzle compared to rapists. The worship of material goods is what makes ecotage appear "unethical" and "violent". Bulldozers serve no ethical purpose; their very nature is to destroy. Survey stakes mean roads. Roads into wilderness destroy part of the Self. Ancient Forest is scare, irreplacable habitat. Making rayon out of these trees is a crime against the Self. Why then is there any debate on what action to take?
Let it burn! We cannot rely upon the Corporate Government to change it's ways. The President of Chevron/US/GM/Japan/(fill in the blank) is not going to give up "his" world by recieving a well written letter. The lumber companies won't stop until every tree is cut. The oil companies won't stop until the Earth's Mesozoic fluids are sucked dry and burned, creating unbreathable air and a Saharan Montana. Let it burn! What's there to save? TVs, bulldozers, Luara Bush, ipods, golf?

No Spoon-feeding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:37 pm
Agreed.

So...What exactly is ecotage? ninja  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:38 pm
Ok, I just looked it up.

I agee with you!

I don't know anyone around here that does that though.

It doesn't look like something that would be easily pulled off by a single individual.

A medium sized group, or several would probably be most highly effective.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:12 pm
I'm with you all the way.

A lot of people that want to try and "change" things always do it within the means of the power structures they're trying to resist, and don't seem to have a problem with that. I mean, when people are striking for higher wages, they're still validating the idea of "work" and that people should have to "work" to live. While these strikers think they're combatting a real injustice, they're also validating the larger ideology of "work" that's putting them into that disempowered position in the first place.

I think I'm going to make some posts about essays and whatnot, rather than discuss it here. But if you're into nature and how we've screwed it up, I think you'd have a lot of fun reading stuff by John Zerzan. You can just google his essays, cuz he promotes the pirating of his works.  

darcyshirley33

46: Anarchist's Manifesto

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff