Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
What do your parents not let you to do with your appearance? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragonfire Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:29 pm
My parents say no piercings or tatoos, (which I don't want anyway) but besides that they're pretty tolerant. My dad occasionaly freaks out about semi transparant shirts, and my mom doesn't like my makeup/hair to be too outrageous, but I guess we compromise. What do your parents not allow you to do with the way you look?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:59 pm
My parents say no peircings at least until I'm out of the house. I see this as a good thing because It prevents me from getting any impulse peircings, and make sure I really want the peircings before I get them.  

Alice_K8

DJ Database

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:06 pm
My parents say, no peircings and/or tattoos, No dying my hair black (wich is what I want to do so badly! crying ) and if I wear my favorite pair of pants too much my grandma will take then away. say I have to wear blue jeans for 1-3 days in a row and to stop wearing them to much! I hate blue jeans so much!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:12 pm
Dragonfire_Goddess
My parents say no piercings or tatoos, (which I don't want anyway) but besides that they're pretty tolerant. My dad occasionaly freaks out about semi transparant shirts, and my mom doesn't like my makeup/hair to be too outrageous, but I guess we compromise. What do your parents not allow you to do with the way you look?

Balck muscle shirt and black jeans she can't stand it cause I wear it every other day, Also tatoos witch I am planning on getting  

Hunter of the Dammed

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:12 pm
Konkuro
My parents say, no peircings and/or tattoos, No dying my hair black (wich is what I want to do so badly! crying ) and if I wear my favorite pair of pants too much my grandma will take then away. say I have to wear blue jeans for 1-3 days in a row and to stop wearing them to much! I hate blue jeans so much!

I tried sending mine to goodwill but they got intercepted  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:25 pm
Amon the Halfbreed
Konkuro

lol! My grandparents hate me being goth! They think that all goths are Satanist or Wiccans wich isnt true! (No offense to people who are) Im not, im a christian goth and they wont seem to get it in their stupid heads! scream Im so tired of it! *sigh* I wish I lived with my dad! He doesnt care at all! I told him and he said cool! hes an awsome guy, hes in a band and basically doesnt care about what I or my brother and I do! If I said: "Dad, i want to get my lip peirced" he would say: "is that what you REALLY want to do?" and id be all like: "Yes" then hed say "okay next saturday" hes so awsome! Hes basically ashamed of my brother though, hes a car junkie who doesnt know jack! And hes only 11 years old! My dad is 31  

DJ Database

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:19 pm
My parents really don't care... just so long as I'm not running around nude.

The only problem they have though is with prices. I'm generally a very good shopper in terms of bargain hunting, but sometimes I'll see somthing which I love, but my parents won't buy it for me... I can't fault them for that though... we're a working-class family, and I understand that they simply cannot afford for me to own all of the lovely things for which I lust... velvet cloaks, silken gowns, steel-boned corsets... but I will surely suffice with what I've got! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:18 am
no piercing
no tatoos
no hair dye
no "stripper outfits"
no "ghost makeup"

usually i dont even try to leave these boundaries

i hate needles
i like my hair
i like to be covered
and... makeup is usually not my style  

chinagrl777

LAAG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:51 am
My paretns dont want me to get any nose peircings or lip piercings till I'm out of the house.
I think I wearing them down to let me a get a tattoo though.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:59 am
I don't really have any restrictions.

I mean, I'm sure if I decided I wanted to dress like a whore, my parents would object.

But I don't give them reason to place any restrictions on me.

If I wanted a tattoo or crazy piercings, I could get them. But I don't want them anyway.

I can pretty much dress how I want.

3nodding

MortSanglant

DR490N

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:19 am
im not allowed to wear makeup and i'm not allowed to wear nailpolish, which i think is pretty stupid.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:23 am
MortSanglant

I mean, I'm sure if I decided I wanted to dress like a whore, my parents would object.

If I wanted a tattoo or crazy piercings, I could get them. But I don't want them anyway.

3nodding

Same here.  

-Isel-

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:32 pm
Isel
MortSanglant

3nodding

Same here.

Woo!

Pwnage!

^^

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:35 pm
Konkuro
Amon the Halfbreed
Konkuro

lol! My grandparents hate me being goth! They think that all goths are Satanist or Wiccans wich isnt true! (No offense to people who are) Im not, im a christian goth and they wont seem to get it in their stupid heads! scream Im so tired of it! *sigh* I wish I lived with my dad! He doesnt care at all! I told him and he said cool! hes an awsome guy, hes in a band and basically doesnt care about what I or my brother and I do! If I said: "Dad, i want to get my lip peirced" he would say: "is that what you REALLY want to do?" and id be all like: "Yes" then hed say "okay next saturday" hes so awsome! Hes basically ashamed of my brother though, hes a car junkie who doesnt know jack! And hes only 11 years old! My dad is 31
mad I agree! I'm a christian punk...but my parents don't let me being goth... neutral  

Paula with Love

OG Member

6,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • 1 Win 50
  • Gender Swap 100

VonVix

Sparkly Cat

12,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:47 pm
My dad is against me 'changing', but my mom is tolerant and would let me do anything I want to.

Only problem is, I have no courage. xp  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces