Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Nostalgia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:46 pm
Does anyone else find that as a group goths are very nostalgic people? I mean, form victorian to post-punk clothing and music, a love for the gothic style (not only in dress, but in movies, buildings,etc.)......?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:52 pm
i find that too...  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:43 pm
Well, you mean everyone except cybergoths, who suck.

Of course, suckosity is in the mouth of the beholder.

If we loved the Gothic style of dress, we would dress in black-dyed animal furs and iron armor.

If I had a choice to do that, I would. But I can't kill enough animals and I can't make armor.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:52 am
Well, we are nostalgic I suppose. I probably fit more into the victorian style. I don't see anything wrong with it. I mean, normies are nostalgic too. Have you seen what the normy girls are wearing lately ( where I live any way). 80's. And not punk. Just gross mainstream 80's. I hate the 80's. EWw.
But the point is, it's not just goths who are nostalgic. Although we may be more aware of much older fashions than some other subcultures.  

Alice_K8

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:32 pm
Demon princess of Love
Well, we are nostalgic I suppose. I probably fit more into the victorian style. I don't see anything wrong with it. I mean, normies are nostalgic too. Have you seen what the normy girls are wearing lately ( where I live any way). 80's. And not punk. Just gross mainstream 80's. I hate the 80's. EWw.
But the point is, it's not just goths who are nostalgic. Although we may be more aware of much older fashions than some other subcultures.

i know, I was just rferring to how much we like older things:

I can't pass a gothic cathedral without drooling (something about narrow, stained glas windows and flying butresses is interesting to me). Also, i looove pictures form the victorian or edwardia periods. I thik it's the glow that people had back then, that we've lost......... heart

While I'm not saying that every goth is like this, some are:

Like Voltaire and his love for renaisance fashions and things forom that era; i think that we all sheare this nostalgia (people in general), but goths are the ones that embrace it a bit more:

wearing a victorian-esque dress to school, etc.

~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games