Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: The Magic-Makers :: Shojo Beat Creators :.
Kaori Yuki Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you her other series?
  Yeah.
  No, only what VIZMedia gives.
  Read 'em all!
  Never read any of her works.
View Results

ice_blu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:16 pm
I had to do a thread on the manga-ka Kaori Yuki, since I love her work so much. Wonderful art aswell.

Here, talk about her releases or news on her. Anything related to her in general.

Follow all guild rules, and Gaia rules.

*~Info

User Image
Kaori Yuki (由貴 香織里 Yuki Kaori) is a manga artist (or mangaka) from Tokyo. Her birthday is 18 December.

The "Kaori" Part of "Kaori Yuki" is her real name. The meaning of its kanji are: 'Yuki'= values reason; 'Kaori'= home of frangrance creation/ perfume. She became a professional manga artist in 1987, after placing in one of the many contests held by Hana to Yume. She rarely appears at events or reveals much information about herself, therefore little is known about her. She is usually published in Bessatsu Hana to Yume. Many of her stories have gothic undertone, featuring dark characters caught up in twisted or impossible relationships. As a great fan of movies and Alice in Wonderland, many references to Alice and various sci-fi and horror movies can be found in her manga. Her biggest success was Angel Sanctuary, which has been adapted into OVA and released in several countries. The more recent manga Blood Hound has also been adapted into a TV series.

from wikipedia

More to be added

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:20 pm
*~Works/ Releases

I'm not sure if these are correctly in order, cause I couldn't find what her first work was etc...

Kaori Yuki has released a number of short stories, to long running series.
A few series have been released in America by the company VIZMedia (see links). More one the later.

*~All summaries from Animenewsnetwork, pictures from s-book.com(though I uploaded the pictres).....check links~*

Count Cain (aka Early Cain/ Cain Saga)
伯爵カインシリーズ(Hakushaku Cain)

User Image
In 19th century England, Count Cain C. Hargreaves is a beautiful yet sadistic young man surrounded by mystery. After inheriting his title, Cain's life seems to be surrounded in mystery and death. With only his man servant, Riff, to console him and confide in, and his little sister Merryweather to dote upon, Cain must solve mystery after mystery with the help of his immense collection of poisons and his wit.

Vintage:1992-1994

Neiji
螺子(ねじ)

User Image
Neji and his fiancé were killed after getting caught up in an unfortunate kidnapping situation. After being cryogenically frozen by the GERA, the ESP research facility, for 40 years, Neji wakes up. It doesn’t take long for the GERA to discover Neji’s extremely powerful and unnatural powers and to make him into one of their mercenaries. However, Neji finds out his fiancé will be used as a guinea pig for the research facility's medical research and desperately tries to escape. In the second part, Neji encounters his nephew, who is also created from GERA and both begin on their journey through the future where human-like robots are used as slaves.

Vintage:1992-2001

Gravel Kingdom
砂礫王国(Sareki Oukoku)

(No picture yet)
The world, now covered in sand, is where a war is raged between the humans and the cause of earth's destruction, the Sandbiters. The Sandbiters devour humans and control sand dragons. Only the Kingdom of Time remains, protected by the Water Goddess. Kirameki is heir to the kingdom. In his youth, Kirameki wondered into the desert and met Saga, a Sandbiter. Eight years later, when Kira is a teenager, a Sandbiter infiltrates the Kingdom. The infiltrator is Saga, Kira's half-brother and childhood playmate, who begins to try to take over the Kingdom of Time.

Vintage:1993

Cruel Fairytales
残酷な童話たち(Zankoku na Douwa-tachi)

User Image
The world, now covered in sand, is where a war is raged between the humans and the cause of earth's destruction, the Sandbiters. The Sandbiters devour humans and control sand dragons. Only the Kingdom of Time remains, protected by the Water Goddess. Kirameki is heir to the kingdom. In his youth, Kirameki wondered into the desert and met Saga, a Sandbiter. Eight years later, when Kira is a teenager, a Sandbiter infiltrates the Kingdom. The infiltrator is Saga, Kira's half-brother and childhood playmate, who begins to try to take over the Kingdom of Time.

Vintage: 1993

Angel Sanctuary
天使禁猟区(Tenshi Kinryouku)

User Image
Setsuna has a bit of a problem that most teenagers don’t have: He’s in love with his sister. However, things only get worse when he and his sister begin to be attacked by things calling themselves Angels, who claim to be after him because apparently he is a reincarnation of one of the most powerful angels ever. Together, he and his sister get pulled into a war between heaven and hell.

Vintage:1994-2000

more will be added

ice_blu

ice_blu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:21 pm
*~Street Dates

From VIZMedia:

Angel Sanctuary vol. 18- 02/13/07

Angel Sanctuary vol. 19
- 04/10/07

02/06/07
Cain Saga vol. 3
GodChild vol. 4

Cain Saga vol. 4
- 04/03/07

GodChild vol. 5-
05/01/07

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:22 pm
*~Links

*~manga-ka
Kaori Yuki profile(Japanese)

s-books.com-s-books Kaori works

VIZMedia

*~Resources
ANN-ANN Kaori

wikipedia

more to be added

ice_blu

P-Cubed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:15 am
Thank you for putting this up! I absolutely loove Kaori Yuki. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:01 pm
No problem~

Yeah, she's a wonderful manga artist. Her art is just simply beautiful.

ice_blu

Chibi Cheeks78

4,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:41 am
Wow. So much information.

She is so freeking incredible and her drawing style is to die for.

Just think. I might've not known just how incredible she is. My friend lent me Angel Sanctuary and about half way through the first volume I was not dazzled at all. My friend urged me to keep reading swearing up and down that I would love it. Finally I choked down the first volume and I was sold.

Hail Kaori Yuki.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:22 pm
I need to put more info, LOL. I will eventually.

Has anyone checked out any of her manga other then what VIZMEDIA has?

ice_blu

ice_blu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:53 pm
Not many people post.... ;.;

Well added street dates.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:07 pm
ice_blu
Not many people post.... ;.;

Well added street dates.

I know what you mean...not many people seem to traverse the manga-ka section...rather sad...but thank you for the street dates heart

kel aka gandy
Captain

BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:12 pm
Well,I've read Angel Sanctuary,but only vol 1 but I LOVED it.It's such a great book.

I also like Godchild,thus her art changed ALOT,its still wonderful ^^
The Cain Saga was alrite.Didn't like it much

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:34 pm
kel aka gandy-Yeah... it's very sad. But no problem!

BunnyCupCakes- I've never really got interested in Angel Sanctuary, but I feel I should check it out again.

I think her style change is good. Cause the old Cain looks way older then he is. LOL And in GodChild he is very handsome.

What didn't you like about the Cain Saga? Just wondering.

ice_blu

BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:11 pm
ice_blu

BunnyCupCakes- I've never really got interested in Angel Sanctuary, but I feel I should check it out again.

I think her style change is good. Cause the old Cain looks way older then he is. LOL And in GodChild he is very handsome.

What didn't you like about the Cain Saga? Just wondering.

Lol,you should,but everyone has their own opinions on AS but maybe it'll spark it up again if you did ^^

Yeah! Plus I didn't really like his hair >.<
It looked just weird but that was her old style back then.
Lol,I agree.Cain looks so much better in GodChild((he's hot >.>)) heart

Mentioning it again,I guess it was her artstyle ((thus i read GD first)) but that's not really a good reason.I dunno,I just found it very repetitive....someone dies,Cain find clues,the murderer wants revenge,Cain saves the day....but I can't really complain about that since that's what GD does as well xD

Eh,I'm strange like that sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:40 pm
BunnyCupCakes

Lol,you should,but everyone has their own opinions on AS but maybe it'll spark it up again if you did ^^

Yeah! Plus I didn't really like his hair >.<
It looked just weird but that was her old style back then.
Lol,I agree.Cain looks so much better in GodChild((he's hot >.>)) heart

Mentioning it again,I guess it was her artstyle ((thus i read GD first)) but that's not really a good reason.I dunno,I just found it very repetitive....someone dies,Cain find clues,the murderer wants revenge,Cain saves the day....but I can't really complain about that since that's what GD does as well xD

Eh,I'm strange like that sweatdrop
True, but I think I might check it out soon.

Yeah, his hair was funny to me. Very . LOL
I'm glad he looks more his age now, cause I never knew his was 17 til I read GodChild, and he looked like he was in his 20-30s in the Cain Saga.

I see. I know what you mean, that's mostly what happened majority of the time, that leaded me to thinking that this series was gonna be about him solving crimes. LOL Like a Sherlock Homes kinda of thing. Til the whole things about his father and the organization came up. He's just always caught in bad situations.

GodChild still does that too though, lol that's true.

ice_blu

chapstick addict

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:41 pm
omg her works amaaazing. if only i could draw like that ::sigh:: lol.  
.: The Magic-Makers :: Shojo Beat Creators :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games