Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:10 am
Ever feel like you're losing your roots?

Sometimes i just get sick of all my goth based music, my black clothes and the stupied questions.

then i get really ashamed of gettting out of touch with my cultural roots.

Does anybody else get the feeling that everything they do have been played out?

emo  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:01 am
Sometimes... Originally I got into the goth subculture because people there shared more interests with me than most. But after a while, I felt like I had to validate what I was interested in, or stick to one set of interests if I wanted to be considered goth.

People are complex though and what you're interested in and like changes over time. Sometimes it might help to explore other things that interest you, even if they might not be considered "goth". It doesn't mean you aren't, just means you're being true to yourself.  

Yuvy

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:32 am
People change. If it's not doing anything for you anymore, then totally explore other things. Don't feel obligated to hold up to a certain style's "expectations."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:35 am
I've been through many styles, I guess I'll stop when I've found one that suites me. So far, Cyber/Industrial is my favourite.  

Dr. H Quinzel

SamuraiArren

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:49 pm
I totally know what you mean. I eventually got tired of all-black outfits, and feeling like it wasn't the real me. I wear less black now, and feel a lot happier. It's not that I think wearing all black isn't fine, or whatever, I just finally realised it wasn't for me. I'm now proud to be a Jrock/Loli Goth girl. It makes me happy, so I don't really care what my old black-on-black wearing friends say. (Some of them were quite rude when I transitioned to Jrock style, thus I don't talk to most of them anymore)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:52 pm
i seem to go through phases with this kinda stuff....but some things like my black clothes or bauhause i never tire of  

ketchakik

Dearest Darling`

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:10 pm
User Image

=o
I've been there.
That's when I stopped labeling myself goth, started to dress in different ways and starting listen to different music.

There's nothing wrong with it, it just means that you've learned everything you can from this stage of your life and are ready to move on to see what else there is in life.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:15 pm
Stupied?

Mz.Wiggles

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:05 pm
I'm totally going through that right now. I just feel so wierd, because I used to be so, i don't know. I feel like I used to be more Goth when I had no "Gothy" clothes, didn't have as many "Gothy" cd's, and was much more into Wicca. Right now, I don't know where to go with my spirituality. But, thats another thread I guess. rolleyes But right now, I feel like a darker person than I was before, but not the way I felt when I was trying so hard to fit into the whole "Goth" image. Now I'm just myself I guess. I guess it just feels different to just totally be yourself and to do what you want, dress the way you want, and are yourself. Once your out of the phase of trying to be, or live up to something your not, everything changes. I don't know. Sucky advice I guess? sweatdrop  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games