Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE BASSMASTER'S Fishing Guild!!! Giveaway Soon!!!

Back to Guilds

Reply Durem Redclamation Facility
tips for Durem fishing

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you fish at Durem?
  yes
  no
View Results

Yang-chan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:48 pm
anyone have any tips for fishing in Durem?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:00 pm
hmmm well personally durem is my least fave place to fish cause its almost impossible with any rod but the strength.a strength + would probably be better and some good bait.oh & lots of patience razz  

OnionKingTheDragonSlayer

OnionKingTheDragonSlayer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:09 pm
i'd suggest you make a room there & lock it for less distractions.durem can be very annoying even without a bunch of people talking,but i guess it is good practice since its so difficult there. rolleyes i've never managed to stay there long enough to fill a bucket cause i get so frustrated and the more frustrated i get the less i can concentrate on fishing lol sure hope you have better luck there than i do smile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:10 pm
onionking714
i'd suggest you make a room there & lock it for less distractions.durem can be very annoying even without a bunch of people talking,but i guess it is good practice since its so difficult there. rolleyes i've never managed to stay there long enough to fill a bucket cause i get so frustrated and the more frustrated i get the less i can concentrate on fishing lol sure hope you have better luck there than i do smile

thanks!
i do agree on the "lots of patience" thing you said before xd
but yeah it gets pretty frustrating burning_eyes
i wish you luck aswell! biggrin  

Yang-chan

Le Dragriff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:30 pm
Yes.. Strength, and Strength plus are the best rods to use there...

With Strength plus i's really easy to fish.. The lines are wide, even wider at the bottom.. And I guess the resistance is greater as well.. And personally.. That's my rod of choice there.. 3nodding

Just look:
User Image

I's from the first day I learned filterin' in Durem! And see what I'm usin'? aye, that is a strength rod.. And as you can see I used F bait.... I dunno.. I'd better go for D now...

lol I look like a hippie or somethin'.. You can't even tell i's me, can ya? xd  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:09 pm
Well I use Distance Rod Plus and it is not that hard because you get used to it, and you should use f bait as you first choice after 3 full buckets change to d bait and if you fill 3 buckets with d change to a that way you always keep on fishing big fish. I get a lot of big fish most of the time about 6-9 big fish in every bucket. Remember every 12 hourst you f bait starts acting like a bait and every 3 buckets full it starts to go down or work bad, that is when you change bait.  

C-candy

Sicko Zero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:42 pm
I fish at Durem almost every time, I'm saving up Biters and I almost have enough for all 3 helms. I think Durem is pretty easy, I use a Distance Rod PLUS and I usually get 4-6 Biters, 1-3 Boldurs and then the rest is pebbo's. Sometimes I get trash if I don't feel like filtering which is alot because I want to get the trash items too. I would say just practice and you will get good at it. All these people saying its SOO hard. It's not stop acting noobish. If you really like GAIA fishing you will get better at Durem and one day catch a Gemback.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:34 pm
Practice, practice, practice.

Use 'F' Grade Bait until you get good. (To save on Gold)

Try your best to have a good Fishing Rod. Strength Rod + is most likely your best option there. (Worth the buy)

Check these threads for more,and better information on all of the Lakes.

Gaidin's Fishing Guide
Rare Fish Report

There are others of course, in which I would suggest going to the Gaming Forum and checking out the threads related to fishing.

Good Luck!  

Angel of the Lord

Durem Redclamation Facility

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces