Welcome to Gaia! ::

Daft Robots of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, you name it! It's a guild for robots. 

Tags: Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, Techno, even Gir 

Reply .:Daft Entertainment Discussion:.
Naruto, too good for America.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Audiekins

Toothsome Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:25 pm
I loved Naruto.

Until Cartoon Network aired it.

He went from tolerable to homo Lvl 5.

Not bashing on the gays/lesbians, I got gay friends, I'm cool with gays, just won't let them stand behind me in line ninja

Naruto was made in Japan, and it's one of those animes, like Bleach, that is just... meant to stay in Japan.

Like always, we have to find some lame way to add in slogans or sayings, in this case "Believe it!" was the chosen annoyance.. And of course they crapped the games too.

I mean, wtf. 'Naruto: Uzamaki Chronicles' for the PS2, are we that desperate for Ninja fighting? Apparently so to make a horrible RPG styled game out of a retarded serious with horrible voice acting.

FLCL & .hack//SIGN had better voices!

Bleach isn't better off at all, it was skinned and raped just like One Piece & Naruto!

I was appauled of what they did to it.

Noting I know what I'm talking about when it comes to the Naruto fighting games.

I own Naruto 4 (Japanese) for the Gamecube. It has pretty much everyone on it. Itachi, Kimimaru, Gai-Sensei, and Sasuke and Kakashi with activatable Sharingan mode. Not a "play to unlock" version.

I've beaten it, unlocked every possible character INCLUDING Kyuubi Naruto and CS2 Sasuke. (Cursed Seal 2 for those who are american and don't decide to download sub titled things cause reading and watching tend to cause you to go lazy eyed.)
I've even obtained Lvl 4 computer and the 4th Hit Ratio, and have never lost a single fight against anyone with Itachi.

Same goes for a 3V1 with Lvl 4 Computers.

The difference between the Japanese and American games. We make it too simple.

American- When you jump, you make a "hoowa!" noise, allowying you to react faster. Common in american games.

The initial Crappy sayings like the Anime. Believe It! or even Kakashi's "Don't take it personally"

It's in English. It was made in Japan, America has to stoop as low as having China make the Good ol' American flag now, If it's in another language, it's unamerican.

Japanese- It's the original. it's awesome.

You feel special for owning a Japanese game to begin with.

No annoying jump noises. They're NINJA'S, A ninja doesn't yell when he jumps, he's stealthy, silent. Shut the hell up and slice his throat, don't scream when you attack! KILL HIM!

On the specials that require speaking, if you don't understand Japanese, there are no sub titles. It's plain friggin COOL. Itachi's 72 hour Dimensional Death is friggin awesome because he goes on a 1 minute dialogue part that allows you to rest your hands.

It's more challenging doing missions and not using Gamefaqs.com. But constantly doing missions is how you unlock pretty much everyone.
As knowing what you're supposed to do in plain english is just too easy, takes the fun out of "this is f**king frustrating"

I can even remember smashing my wireless controller over that.

Good times.

Anyway, I'm a big game lover, so expect more rants and reviews of games later on!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:30 am
I TOTALLY ******** AGREE!

the only thing i allow myself to read is the D.T. One Peice manga and the D.T. Naruto manga. screw the shows...and i was watching Bleach (the show) in japanese with D.T. english subtitles! i liked every anime character's voice better in japanese than in English. if you get an English Version of an anime or anything imported, WE'VE CHANGED IT! every time i LISTEN to what i had to change the languages to i notice a lot of words (based off my little japanese vocabulary skills) that we get rid of a lot of what they were saying. bullshit. so here's my intake on it:

remember kids: D.T.subtitles is better than Dubbed!  

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100

definite_blonde
Vice Captain

Dapper Businesswoman

25,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:19 am
Zvahl you talk a lot dont you lol... i was surprised with Advent Children. it didnt suck as hard as i though it would  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:48 pm
definite_blonde
Zvahl you talk a lot dont you lol... i was surprised with Advent Children. it didnt suck as hard as i though it would

IT DOES SUCK AS MUCH AS YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD!

the english script is horrible! the japanese one with D.T. is better.  

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100

definite_blonde
Vice Captain

Dapper Businesswoman

25,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:24 am
Erekayu
definite_blonde

no it wasnt too bad i mean i know there are always things screwed up in translation but the voices werent too bad. i hated yazoo and kadaj's voices  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:39 pm
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde

no it wasnt too bad i mean i know there are always things screwed up in translation but the voices werent too bad. i hated yazoo and kadaj's voices

i hate all their voices!  

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100

definite_blonde
Vice Captain

Dapper Businesswoman

25,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:26 am
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde

i hate all their voices!
i think cloud was done good... the actor is from my soap. he did a good job  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:59 pm
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde

i hate all their voices!
i think cloud was done good... the actor is from my soap. he did a good job

the japanese actor was better...  

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100

definite_blonde
Vice Captain

Dapper Businesswoman

25,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:10 pm
its been a while since i heard it due to me not finding my cd i burnt it to crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:13 am
definite_blonde
its been a while since i heard it due to me not finding my cd i burnt it to crying

burn another CD?  

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100

definite_blonde
Vice Captain

Dapper Businesswoman

25,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:50 pm
Erekayu
definite_blonde

burn another CD?
i found it again... it was lost but i moved out so i found it... and to burn it again i would need to d/l it again :S  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:16 pm
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde

burn another CD?
i found it again... it was lost but i moved out so i found it... and to burn it again i would need to d/l it again :S

okay then. all cool in the kingdom?  

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100

Gabeeno the Gay Jew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:22 pm
LOL BELIEVE IT LOL

sad  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:05 pm
User Image

I stopped watching when I accepted the fact that watching an episode related to the plot would be a rare occurrence. Neji's voice is sexy.

User Image

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

x P 1 K A - C H 4 N x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:45 am
Oh! Oh! I agree with you!
Part of the reason a lot of people hate Naruto is because of that idiotic "BELIEVE IT!"
It shoulda just stayed in Japan, I think.  
.:Daft Entertainment Discussion:.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games