Welcome to Gaia! ::

Daft Robots of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, you name it! It's a guild for robots. 

Tags: Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, Techno, even Gir 

Reply .:Daft Entertainment Discussion:.
Monster Hunter Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Audiekins

Toothsome Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:43 pm
Yes, Monster Hunter.

A great game from Capcom.

This game is highly under rated. It really is.

If you've ever played it and didn't like it, you were one of those people who couldn't kill the Yian Kut-ku and cried because the game was too hard.

Or you complain about the camera angles. Here's a tip for you which I had to develope myself.

MULTI TASK scream It's people like you that made Capcom sceptacle about making a Monster Hunter 2 for the PS2, then again, most american gamers who consider themselves gamers play the easiest First Person Shooters that allow them to falsly gloat about head shots and stupid crap. "I sniped this guy on Halo 2" Congrats, I sniped a Jackal by deflectng off of 5 shields.

Being a gamer isn't about beating a game, it's about living the game. Halo 2 is good, but I don't consider it a livable game. It's too over rated.

Monster Hunter has no pausing, no anything.

You can scavenge off the wilderness and combine items to make other items, you get a sword 3 times your size and a mission to kill Wyverns ( there are only like, 4 dragons in the game, everything else you fight is a Wyvern)

Wyvern - Walks on 2 legs, front arms are combined with wings.

Dragon- Walks on all fours with/without the ability to fly.

This game defines wether you are a true gamer or not.

Sure you can take on 5 people at once with a SMG, but can you take on a rampaging wyvern 10 times your size with a sword & shield running out you? No? Then you need to find something other than video games to turn to for a living.

Who am I to judge someone for not being able to beat a deformed chicken? Well, having to try 4 times myself to kill it and get frustrated as hell along the way, I did it, I ad trouble. Shut up and keep playing.

Monster Hunter allows you to replay missions, constantly. over & over.

Allowing you to reobtain crafting items to make stronger armor/weapons (armor is mix & match as well, allowing you to obtain certain skills such as Alchemy and other helpful things. ) as well as boost your money to buy that sword you always wanted.

In Monster Hunter Freedom (PSP) they added in a kitchen, allowing you to hire Felines to cook for you, to enhance your stats and battle performance for a more interesting battle style.

Monster Hunter 2 that is soon to come out will offer a Katana with its own class, allowing faster swings, a Bow & arrow with shooting & melee options, and more monsters to fight in combat.

So, for those who've played and put down the game.

Pick it up, RIGHT NOW.

For those with a Playstation 2, go to Gamestop or EB Games and look for this, I bought mine $20 used at Gamestop.

For those with a PSP, Monster Hunter Freedom at any gameing store, it's relativelty new, I bought it the day before it came out. It's better than the PS2 version.

And for those reading this and saying "jeez, what a butt munch" the truth is horrible when you find it easier to whine & complain about a game than just retrying again.

Time & Patience was put into making this game, give the curtosy to try more than 20 minutes in just to lose to the Yian Kut-ku or Rathalos (yes, the first time you have to kill Rathalos is hard, both my friend & cousin have yet to kill him. ) But in time, you'll learn his moves and what he'll do before he does it. It's an animal, learn its moves, anticipate an attack, get him while he's open. Monster Hunter is made for you to rely on instincts. You are the hunter, it's your prey.

Take your time and go for the gold.

Happy Hunting!

( Check my Signature for more Monster Hunter information in my guild )  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:33 am
Ever Play Phantasy Star Online? based on what you are sayign i beleive you'll like it a lot. play Episodes I+II(combination game) but stay the ******** away from Ep. III. i dont know much about the new PSO game for PS2 only (Universe i beleive it's called...)  

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100

Audiekins

Toothsome Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:27 pm
I beta tested Phantasy Star Blue Burst for the PC, it was basically what was on the Dreamcast, revamped.

It was ok, but I am not a Phantasy Star fan, I just don't like the futuristic settings.

Phantasy Star is for people who like space & machine times and stuff.

Monster Hunter is for the Final Fantasy lover who doesn't want to do turn based games.

Even though Turn base games like Final Fantasy kick a**.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:15 am
Erekayu
Ever Play Phantasy Star Online? based on what you are sayign i beleive you'll like it a lot. play Episodes I+II(combination game) but stay the ******** away from Ep. III. i dont know much about the new PSO game for PS2 only (Universe i beleive it's called...)
mmm pso lol i love my character shes a elven hunter (i forget what they are called i think rumarl corrent me if im wrong) shes as tiny as i could make her and has a soul eater +9 ^_^ but sadly it is on Matts GC and its his game so yeah it sucks... i should try to get back into it  

definite_blonde
Vice Captain

Dapper Businesswoman

25,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:42 pm
definite_blonde
Erekayu
mmm pso lol i love my character shes a elven hunter (i forget what they are called i think rumarl corrent me if im wrong) shes as tiny as i could make her and has a soul eater +9 ^_^ but sadly it is on Matts GC and its his game so yeah it sucks... i should try to get back into it

i go with andriods most of the time. theyre more efficient. dont get poisoned, paralyzed, and they take less damage physically. sure they cant use techniques...but who needs that when you can kill anything with a normal hit alone in one shot? and the wepons is even out of your cast (such as hunters being able to use light guns only)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:26 am
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu

i go with andriods most of the time. theyre more efficient. dont get poisoned, paralyzed, and they take less damage physically. sure they cant use techniques...but who needs that when you can kill anything with a normal hit alone in one shot? and the wepons is even out of your cast (such as hunters being able to use light guns only)
i agree but see i go for looks as well as efficency and i like swords so hunter is where its at  

definite_blonde
Vice Captain

Dapper Businesswoman

25,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:40 pm
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu

i agree but see i go for looks as well as efficency and i like swords so hunter is where its at

sometimes beign a hunter sucks. its best to havea friend to play with...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:28 am
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu

yeah Matt is a mage and he helps me level  

definite_blonde
Vice Captain

Dapper Businesswoman

25,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:01 pm
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu

which mage is he? the quifs with the pointy feet or the real mages? and what level is he? being a mage sucks when you try to level it up...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:14 pm
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu

which mage is he? the quifs with the pointy feet or the real mages? and what level is he? being a mage sucks when you try to level it up...
like 100 and some and im not sure what you mean he is a human mage :S  

definite_blonde
Vice Captain

Dapper Businesswoman

25,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:57 pm
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu

so hes not a faggoty elf-mage? good.

oh, and tell him that the best staff can be found by killing savage wolves. its a special rare item that appears as
? [(cane sign)] SPECIAL WEAPON  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:07 am
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu

oh, and tell him that the best staff can be found by killing savage wolves. its a special rare item that appears as
i think he probably has it...him and his bro beat mostly every difficulty if not then they did he likes using the throwing cards when hes with me cuz hes a very high level for me... its great having a soul eater+9 gooo grinding!!!  

definite_blonde
Vice Captain

Dapper Businesswoman

25,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:00 pm
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu

i think he probably has it...him and his bro beat mostly every difficulty if not then they did he likes using the throwing cards when hes with me cuz hes a very high level for me... its great having a soul eater+9 gooo grinding!!!

i think you're referring to the P.O.S. Episode III  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 am
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu

no dear its 1&2 i know because i play it razz its PSO 1&2 for the Gamecube  

definite_blonde
Vice Captain

Dapper Businesswoman

25,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:41 pm
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu
definite_blonde
Erekayu

no dear its 1&2 i know because i play it razz its PSO 1&2 for the Gamecube

i just found that wepon...shaddap. you get it from teh Dark magician whatevermajiig in very hard mode (or so) on episode one...but they suck balls. the Batle Verge does better for me. hell, the branch of Paputuku (sp: whatever...) seems to be better! HildeBear's head is fun to use mrgreen . the brave hammer...*coughs* "hammer". havent tested out the copper-thingy staff...and im a HUcast...wanna know how im able to use TP and all class weapons?!  
.:Daft Entertainment Discussion:.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff