||Welcome||

Reality used to have another subforum for philosophy. It ceased existence though. So, being something I'm interested in and I think has a lot available to be discussed, when I gained control of a subforum here and had to decide on a topic for the place, this is what I chose.

The purpose of this subforum shall be "the discussion and examination of different philosophies, matters of philosophical interest, or anything else related to the realm of philosophy."

Rules:
1) T.O.S. rules-- follow them
2) Reality rules -- follow them too
3) No begging (this includes asking for "donations" or "help" by either gold or items)
4) All threads created should be relating to the subforum's subject: philosophy (if you wander off topic in discussion, that's not a big deal, but spam is unacceptable)
5) Rules are subject to change at any time I feel it is necessary

That's about it for now. mrgreen
Feel free to post and make new threads. In fact, I encourage it. whee When discussing though, I recommend you make sure you're not falling into any logical fallaciesand always remember to "check your premises." wink

Edit: 5/26/07 -- In case it was not clear enough before, I have a similar policy here to what they have in the extended discussion forum. This place is not meant to be an "opinion dumping ground." When called upon to do so, either defend your stance and the reason(s) behind it or if you are absolutely unwilling to do so if somebody asks it of you (either in the form of a direct question or in the form of posting challenges to what you said) please do not post here in the first place. (above quote referencing Ayn Rand and the provided logical fallacy list I do not guarantee is perfect and/or contains every logical fallacy, so feel free to use more references for logical fallacies of course .)