Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
How can food be healthy if it's not alive?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:39 am
My dad brought something up to me yesterday that set me wondering. Often on TV, we hear about "healthy" food and "healthy" diets. Well, how are those healthy? I'm healthy if I eat something that's good for me. But isn't the something that's good for me healthful to make me healthy?

Also, I tried using "Healthy" food? as the subject, but it seems to reject anything with quotes in it for the subject line? Another Gaia glitch?

This is a properly formatted sentence. The first letter of a sentence is ALWAYS capitalized. A sentence always ends in a punctuation mark, usually a period, but sometimes a question mark or exclamation point. Punctuation such as the comma, the colon and the semicolon are used as sentence pausers. Never should a sentence end with one of these.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:35 pm
Well, maybe because that one, all the foods come from plants? Herbivores eat the plants, which made food from the sun's rays..So basically, food WERE alive! XD  

[Joan De Arc]

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:27 pm
Well, that's true. What I'm getting at though is, shouldn't food that's good for us be called "healthful" because it's good for our bodies and makes us healthy?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:39 pm
healthy - 3. promoting health; healthful.  

The Man who was Thursday

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:08 am
I stand corrected. Thank you, Ezra.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:34 pm
Yami no Hitokiri
Well, that's true. What I'm getting at though is, shouldn't food that's good for us be called "healthful" because it's good for our bodies and makes us healthy?

It is. It's just that modern day teenagers eat at fast food places so much now! It's because that since fast food is cheap, and healthy food is like at gourmet resteraunts, teenagers and adults technically go to the fast food. And that since they stuff fat in, it's a bit tastier.  

[Joan De Arc]

Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff