New Guild Idea

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trite~Elegy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:32 pm
Just got back from Borders.
I'm pretty sure, that if I didn't have my mother nagging me about how I've already spent an hour in there and how she's going to leave me if I didn't get out soon....yeah well I would live in borders if they let me.
or a library 4laugh

So I got this idea on the way home while thinking about some of the books I got.
since a good majority of us in the pro choice guild are avid book readers - heck we have our own pro choice book thread, what do you guys think about buying and making a 'Gaian Library Guild'? (or some other snazzy like name)

Basically it would be like our book thread,
How there is the name of the book, the author and a gaian given description.
The guild could be like that.
we could have a fiction and non fiction forum, and subforums on the types of literary works they are, like romance or suspence novels.
then have the threads be like A-B or AA-AE (depending on how big these threads are, they would go by the author's last name)
we could even put in links to buy the books like from amazon or borders.

I'm thinking to keep the threads neat and readable, we could have moderators designated to updating and maintaing certain threads, so instead of 36 or more different people making all different posts in all random order in one thread have the person who wants to add in a book, PM the designated moderator and the moderator updates the thread.
that way we could have multiple descriptions and oppinions on a book.

That way we could all share what we think are really great books.
Who in here has needed a book fix but didn't know if a book was good or what it was about, or just finding a book in general?
this would so be a fix for that 4laugh

So what do you gals and guys think?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:30 pm
That sounds pretty spiffy- but would it be like, oh

"Theard Science Fiction books E-I" or something, and people post recommended books/reviews for an already recommended book while the moderator of that particular thread adds that review/recommendation to say, the first post? Because otherwise, it'll be kind of a jumble of random recommendations for books.  

Reinna Astarel

Trite~Elegy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:35 pm
Reinna Astarel

"Theard Science Fiction books E-I" or something, and people post recommended books/reviews for an already recommended book while the moderator of that particular thread adds that review/recommendation to say, the first post? Because otherwise, it'll be kind of a jumble of random recommendations for books.

wow and I thought I sounded confusing.
but yes xd
Kind of like how the moderator's sticky in the major forums are.
most of them are quite neat.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:35 am
Trite~Elegy
Reinna Astarel

wow and I thought I sounded confusing.
but yes xd
Kind of like how the moderator's sticky in the major forums are.
most of them are quite neat.

Haha, yeah, I sound pretty incoherent. >> English homework ate my brain.

But yeah, it's a good idea. whee If you decide to go for it, I'll be willing to donate some gold for the guild.  

Reinna Astarel

Half Baked SF

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:21 am
This is an awesome idea.

I have an empty guild already. We could use that if you like.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:53 pm
heck yes!
I'd be honored if you let us use the guild for that use Toga 4laugh

Trite~Elegy

S. Shark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:43 pm
*squees at guild*

Kwahahaha. I got the first non-Trite post in the Introduction thread.

"I'm thinking to keep the threads neat and readable, we could have moderators designated to updating and maintaing certain threads"

I can do that! =o And if there's any banners or such that need drawing, I'm your shark.

Fetal Containment Field

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games