Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: The Magic-Makers :: Shojo Beat Creators :.
Wataru Yoshizumi Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your Favortite Wataru story
Handsome na Kanojo
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Marmalade Boy
54%
 54%  [ 20 ]
Kimi Shika Iranai
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mint na Bokura
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Random Walk
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Ultra Maniac
35%
 35%  [ 13 ]
Datte Suki Nandamon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Happiness
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Baby It's You
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 37

Recca Hino

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:05 am
I noticed there wasn't a topic for my favorite Shojo Beat Manga Ka, so I thought I'd make one (although I should of used my account which is a member of this guild).

Wataru Yoshizumi's Shojo Beat title is Ultra Maniac, but I started reading her stuff at Marmalade Boy. I love how she mixes humor and seriousness.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:21 am
Marmalade Boy was one of my first mangas and continues to be one of my favorites. I was so excited when I learned Shojo Beat picked up another one of her titles. I laughed at how similar the guys in Marmalade Boy and Ultra Maniac looked. Did anyone else notice that?  

GreenLadyDragon

Bobby Lauren Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:33 am
Marmalade Boy was one of my first Anime's, but I eventually read the Manga too. I really hope all her works make it stateside.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:35 pm
I really enjoyed Marmalade Boy... I found that Ultra Maniac, while very different, was very cool, too.

Didn't really notice that they were by the same person... until now, of course... I read them very far apart. xp

P-Cubed

Recca Hino

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:12 am
Well I just finished reading Mint Na Bokura. It was pretty good, now I really want it to come state side.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:04 pm
Ive read both marmalade boy and urumani but, Marmalade boy was my first love so, i picked that one . They both roq out loud tho ^ ^  

Hotaru Sazumi

Not a Jellyfish

Dapper Fatcat

7,250 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:44 pm
I absolutely LOVE Marmalade Boy! I wish more of her work would be translated stateside. But we only have Marmalade Boy and Ultra Maniac. I just absolutely adore her art and writing style. Her characters also are always wonderful. Marmalade Boy holds a truly special place in my heart. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:26 pm
GreenLadyDragon
Marmalade Boy was one of my first mangas and continues to be one of my favorites. I was so excited when I learned Shojo Beat picked up another one of her titles. I laughed at how similar the guys in Marmalade Boy and Ultra Maniac looked. Did anyone else notice that?

Same here.
My first manga series as well.
I never got to read Ultra Maniac though so I wouldn't know ^^;

BunnyCupCakes

writerserenyty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:26 pm
Marmalade Boy was the first manga I ever bought. It holds a special place in my own heart. But I love Ultra Maniac, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:33 pm
BunnyCupCakes
Same here.
My first manga series as well.
I never got to read Ultra Maniac though so I wouldn't know ^^;

You should give Ultra Maniac a read, it's shorter than Marmalade boy, but still worth it.  

Bobby Lauren Taylor

narusy

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:44 am
I think I like Ultra Maniac, i read the whole series in 3 days, it's one of my favourites!  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:48 pm
I'd say UltraManiac because that is the only manga that I've read from this author. It's awesome, too! whee  

Mezancholy

lilxclusive1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:56 pm
I've never read her works but I'd like to.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:47 am
I like Yoshizumi sans works a lot <33 Marmalade Boy was one of the first series I ever bought lol. Ultra Maniac was really fun too~ especially when they all grew in the end! Hirokiiiiii~~~ heart heart I nearly fainted when I saw how handsome he'd become *_*  

B u m i-c h a n

mewmewmanga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:42 pm
I absolutely adore everything she does!! Marmalade Boy was so great from beginning to end! I never cry about mangas, but i was practically bawling reading that one!! Ultra Maniac was great too!! It was different mood because it was much more fun. It was also a little more junior high. Not that it was immature, but the issues were different. But I loved how well she portrayed the innocence that we have at that age!! She is a really great manga-ka because of the fact that she really gets her characters!! love her!! heart  
.: The Magic-Makers :: Shojo Beat Creators :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games