Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Hour or less (Or around there) knit hat/headband?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rawr 112

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:03 pm
I'm looking for a simple-ish hat or headband/ear warmer to knit. I've been looking for something that can be done on straight needles with a worsted weight yarn.
Cables are nice, but easy ones...

Ack.
Help please?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:31 pm
Rawr 112
I'm looking for a simple-ish hat or headband/ear warmer to knit. I've been looking for something that can be done on straight needles with a worsted weight yarn.

Ack.
Help please?

I loooooove my panta.

here's the pattern (scroll down a bit)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51351.30

here's some photos (you can look at the other pages of finished pantas)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51351.50  

Catcheen
Crew

Rawr 112

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:59 am
=] Thanks! That looks nice. How long did it take you to do it?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:08 pm
Rawr 112
=] Thanks! That looks nice. How long did it take you to do it?

A couple hours maybe. I picked it up and put it down a lot, though.  

Catcheen
Crew

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:01 pm
OMG I love that pattern. I have the work sitting next to me right now. It's taken me a week, but I have a short attention span and I'm a slow knitter(stupid bum wrist) so I'd say it probably will take a total of 4 or 5 hours.
Edit: I've now finished it, and am wearing it. It's SO comfortable and warm!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:57 am
storyfromthestars
OMG I love that pattern. I have the work sitting next to me right now. It's taken me a week, but I have a short attention span and I'm a slow knitter(stupid bum wrist) so I'd say it probably will take a total of 4 or 5 hours.

You're talking about her panta?
I'm a slow knitter too, and seem to take forever to finish a project;  

Rawr 112

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:10 am
Rawr 112
storyfromthestars

You're talking about her panta?
I'm a slow knitter too, and seem to take forever to finish a project;

Yea, the only problem I have is that I made it out of really cheap yarn (since I'm cheap and all) and so it's really itchy. But different yarn would fix that problem easily...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Catcheen, thanks for posting that pattern. I wouldn't call it an hour or less pattern (it took me probably 5 and I'm an average knitter speed-wise), but it was quicker than some other stuff I've worked on lately. It's cute. Again, since I'm rambling and talking about that panta pattern, have you seen the latest knitty? Very similar pattern smile  

firrantello

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:28 pm
firrantello
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Catcheen, thanks for posting that pattern. I wouldn't call it an hour or less pattern (it took me probably 5 and I'm an average knitter speed-wise), but it was quicker than some other stuff I've worked on lately. It's cute. Again, since I'm rambling and talking about that panta pattern, have you seen the latest knitty? Very similar pattern smile

I was pretty amused at Calorimetry and, honestly, thought of this thread when I saw it. *grin*  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:11 pm
Catcheen
firrantello

I was pretty amused at Calorimetry and, honestly, thought of this thread when I saw it. *grin*
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Well, I figure I've given the Panta a run, when I get home and see what other colors of stash/spare yarn I have, I'll give Calorimetry a run too smile  

firrantello

Kanhoro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:37 pm
Rawr 112

Ack.
Help please?

you can just do a 1,1 ribbing so it can be strechy, or you can do a cable,a simple twist cable going lengthwise, for a nice headband.

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games