Wigging Out?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:54 pm
All right, I know a lot of people in the guild dye their hair on a semi-regular basis, but how many people have ever just worn a wig out for a day just for the fun of it?

Odd thought line I know, but I had so much fun on friday just wearing a wig and a big fluffy hat (mostly to hide the obvious wig line in the middle of my head) that I would ask to see if anyone else has done something similar.

One of the reasons I opted for a wig is because part of my work's dress code is that hair has to be a "natural" color, so since dying really isn't an option, I thought a wig could be a fun alternative for a day of amusement without the hassles.

exclaim Anyone else ever had some fun or even not so fun experiences with wigs? exclaim Also of interest is has anyone ever gotten ahold of a high quality wig, or do you just use a low quality one like the one I got from wal-mart?
exclaim Have you ever mistaken real hair for a wig, or vice versa?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:14 pm
I've never worn a full wig...but I have little hair clips that make it look like I have bright red streaks on either side of my face. It's a nice alternative to actually streaking it since then I couldn't wear certain shades of purple or red without it clashing with my hair. stare  

Dragonfire Goddess

Hel Daughter of Loki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:21 am
the only time i can remember wareing a wig was... well, once on halloween, and then another time that, well, let's just say that i can't tell you what i was doning at the time on this site. sorry...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:07 am
I've worn a wig once, it was for an act when I was in about 2nd grade, we were doing a re telling of the wizard of Oz story and I was one of those little people. My wig was a bunch of strips of tensil, very shiny xd  

vampyrblood

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:16 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

Never worn a wig before /color]

Light Is My Deaths Curse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:49 am
I have a dark brown 20's bob wig. It looks real. I've had lots of fun psyching people out with that thing.

Once I wore it the first day I got back from winter break. Everyone thought I'd cut my hair (which was shocking, because I spent years growing it long and I'm proud of it that way). I wore it for the next two days running. And the day after that I left it off, prompting "How'd your hair grow so fast?" and "That was a WIG? Don't DO this to us!!"

rofl rofl rofl  

Veruniel
Crew

N.Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:55 am
I've never worn a full wig, but I've worn hair pieces attached to my own. When I curl my hair, I'll stick in two HUGE BUNDLES of curls just to make my hair look thicker...the only thing is, they're very heavy and start to hurt after a while. ^^;
A particular friend of mine cross-dresses on a regular basis (she makes an amazing boy, by the way) and finds some of the best quality wigs I've ever seen. It's really hard to tell she didn't just cut her hair.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:38 am
I'd love to try that, but my hair is too long. (And I ain't cutting it. evil )  

TheWitchGotRobin

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:59 am
bounty_hunter_bk
I'd love to try that, but my hair is too long. (And I ain't cutting it. evil )

I have decently long hair myself. I just put it up in a bun so it wouldn't peek out from under the wig.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:29 pm
I only wear wigs to go with my costumes for Hallowe'en. Other than that, I never wear any -- they make my head itchy.

Twice now I've gotten myself blonde highlights, but they always disappear within a year and a half. The last time I got highlights done was back in grade seven, and now it's fully grown out.

Now, what's really hillarious... is that my hair is changing colours. At this exact moment... it carries all natural hair colours (blond, red, brown, black, and... WHITE/SILVER/GRAY!)

I was wanting to go for something different when it comes to highlights, so I thought that it'd be interesting to have bright blue highlights. I asked my mom (as I don't want her to get mad at me), and she said no. So, it turns out I can't use unnatural colours. But that's all that my hair is missing now.
xd  

Etu

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:41 pm
My mother has a real blonde bob styled wig.

She looks good as a blonde.

I, on the other hand, look pudgey with blonde hair.

But that might also be the style of the wig.

I can't even try the wig on anymore becuase of my mass amounts of hair.

I would never dye my hair though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:07 pm
i've worn a wig a few times...mostly either in drag or cosplay  

ketchakik

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:55 pm
I'd wear a wig.