Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Any Tips? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Morvegil

Lonely Phantom

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:51 am
Hello fellow Captains/Vice Captains, I'm just wondering if anyone had any useful tips on how to make guilds more interesting as some of them are becoming quite slow... legally dead in some cases. We've tried it all, post your pics threads, introduction thread, even a guild banner competition... I personally made a 'Highland Cows' thread which was quite popular for some reason, but has now stopped bringing people to talk.

If you could send some ideas in PM or just post them here, I'd very much appreciate your help. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:02 am
try some type of RP?
and invite lots more people, lol  

iori_lamia

-[[Yreka!]]-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:07 am
-[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. domokun User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]-

User Image

There's no real trick to it. You just have to get a few dedicated members who will be active. Once you get a few members who are active, you're likely to get a few more people to stay.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:13 am
I think we're trying to steer away from the RP side of things. But I suppose we could encourage the members to make a RP, even make it into some kind of an event for the best RP idea.

I invited my whole friends list, but it doesn't seem to be enough. The fact of the matter is that everything has been done. I guess it's just lost it's novelty. I'll try and breathe some life into it, somehow, but please keep your ideas coming.  

Morvegil

Lonely Phantom

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

-[[Yreka!]]-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:17 am
-[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. domokun User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]-

Yeah. The major problem with guilds is usually getting active members. What type of guild is it? I might join just for the heck of it. xD

Edit: Nevermind. Found out what guild it was. And I can tell you, it would be the least abused guild on my guild page. D:<

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:53 am
Oh come on, The Fans of Stuff? Are you not a fan of anything? sweatdrop  

Morvegil

Lonely Phantom

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

-[[Yreka!]]-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:05 pm

I'm one of the few who isn't really a fan of anything in paticular. I'm usually thinking about what others are thinking and such instead of caring about entertainment...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:37 pm
Are you not a fan on Gaia? Even breathing? gonk This man has no soul! *makes crucifix with his fingers* Back ye foul spawn of un-fandom! domokun  

Morvegil

Lonely Phantom

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:01 pm
or also like,. when gaia ahs a special event, have a aprty ot soehting based on it?
dunno,sorry  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:47 pm
Amilio
Are you not a fan on Gaia? Even breathing? gonk This man has no soul! *makes crucifix with his fingers* Back ye foul spawn of un-fandom! domokun

xD Then I would be a fan of albuterol sulfate. o.O

-[[Yreka!]]-

Morvegil

Lonely Phantom

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:12 am
-[[Yreka!]]-
Amilio

xD Then I would be a fan of albuteral sulfate. o.O
You make my head hurt. sad

Common Albuterol side effects include:

palpitations
chest pains
rapid heart rate
tremors/nervousness
Other possible Albuterol side effects include:

throat irritation
upper respiratory inflammation
viral respiratory infections
cough
musculoskeletal pain
cardiac arrythmias
drowsiness
flushing
restlessness
irritability
chest discomfort
difficulty in micturition
hypertension
angina
vomiting
vertigo
CNS stimulation
hyperactivity in children
unusual taste and drying or irritation of the oropharynx
headache
transient muscle cramps
insomnia
nausea
weakness
dizziness
diarrhea
hypokalemia

You're a fan of that which is worse than smoking. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:27 pm
Amilio
-[[Yreka!]]-
Amilio

xD Then I would be a fan of albuteral sulfate. o.O
You make my head hurt. sad

Common Albuterol side effects include:

palpitations
chest pains
rapid heart rate
tremors/nervousness
Other possible Albuterol side effects include:

throat irritation
upper respiratory inflammation
viral respiratory infections
cough
musculoskeletal pain
cardiac arrythmias
drowsiness
flushing
restlessness
irritability
chest discomfort
difficulty in micturition
hypertension
angina
vomiting
vertigo
CNS stimulation
hyperactivity in children
unusual taste and drying or irritation of the oropharynx
headache
transient muscle cramps
insomnia
nausea
weakness
dizziness
diarrhea
hypokalemia

You're a fan of that which is worse than smoking. gonk

'Tis only because of asthma. Which is seriously annoying.
And those are only for if you take a major overdose. I usually need about 180mg to control the asthma. 2 puffs.

-[[Yreka!]]-

Le_newtype

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:42 pm
ninja First post here

I'm not an actual V.C. or Captain of a guild, but I am in a few guilds that are quite large and very active, and also a few guilds that are small and dieing. I would say the secret to keeping your guilds alive is luck and finding people who are dedicated. Having a strong crew also helps. For example: I was a moderator of Polls Galore, as my sig shows, and as a mod there we had to make 20 topics a day as well as invite 800 people to the guild a week. It sounds like that is a lot, but the moderators normally post all the time anyway. So by making that a requirement it will force the guild to grow 3nodding .  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:00 pm
I've offered a gold reward as a referral program, if the person joins and gives the name of whoever invited them, they get 50g. I just hope I don't go bankrupt! rofl  

Morvegil

Lonely Phantom

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

!GreenEnigma!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:26 pm
My guild is having these same problems. Inactivity is a big factor to guild downfalls.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff