Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Any Suggestions? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:40 pm
What would you make for a guy that you know know very much about for $10 or less?

*To clarify: We have a gift exchange at work where we drew names out of a hat and I ended up with a guy who works in a different lab that I've talked to maybe 5 times. The stipulation of the gift is that it has to be homemade and $10 or less.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:26 pm
I wouldnt make him anything, id get him a giftcard 3nodding  

gemini6184

Tes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:05 pm
~
If you don't know them very well, or at least well enough what to get them... what is the point in giving them something?
~

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:07 am
Since winter is coming, perhaps a scarf? Or maybe a picture?  

Brunette_Star

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:44 am
I have to say that I wouldn't make him anything either. I only make things for people I know are going to appreciate the work that went into the project anymore. I've also had a few experiences with people who look down on "homemade" gifts.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:54 pm
I would probably make him something useful, like a clock. you can get the workings of a clock for about $6 and then just find something to use as the clockface. I made some nifty ones that used old CDs as the face.  

Shinshia24

Ritzy_freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:18 am
Get him the universal thing..........Axe.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:12 am
Shinshia24
I would probably make him something useful, like a clock. you can get the workings of a clock for about $6 and then just find something to use as the clockface. I made some nifty ones that used old CDs as the face.

Oh that's a good idea.  

VP Club Freakin Justice

firrantello

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:01 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.A little more delayed than some, but whay about those "cookie mix in a jar" where you add all the ingredients except eggs or water and then stir it up and bake it. Those aren't too expensive and I always kinda thought were fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:15 pm
or you know... you could just make him cookie's. ninja take it from me, guys like getting home made food from friends.  

Lee Kushrenada

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:51 pm
Lee Kushrenada
or you know... you could just make him cookie's. ninja take it from me, guys like getting home made food from friends.

Yea, he's right. I brought Gingerbread cookies I made a few weeks ago to school, and my guy friends ate most of them. Even though they were rock hard because they'd been sitting for two days...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:36 pm
food ideas sounds best to me.
cookies or home made something
if you make them small you could stuff them in plastic bags, then stuff them in a sock with a bit of fluff tied around the top then call it a christmas stocking.

(that is what I planed of making as a simple christmas tutorial, but allas cruel fate means I have not been able to yet)  

I be me
Vice Captain

Sly Grin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:09 pm
Footbag! domokun

Actually, the food ideas sound pretty good, but the clock sounds especially awesome.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:11 pm
Yes but a clean unused brightly colored striped or other patterned footbag  

I be me
Vice Captain

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:26 pm
I'd say clean and unused are a good idea! If you're feeling especially creative, you could add a little embellishment to the sock.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff