Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Wouldn't it be neat if... (Spoilers for Shikamaru & Kurenai) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shikamaru makes for Kurenai
  He shoots, he scores
  Kakashi has him castrated
  Kurenai is ugly, Asuma sucks
View Results

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:32 pm
Wouldn't it be neat if Kurenai was pregnant, and started hanging out with Shikamaru alot because he reminded her of Asuma? He'd get a little beard thing going on because she liked it, and started helping her out with stuff, and hinting about how he could take care of her JUST LIKE ASUMA. The two get pretty close, he feels pretty confident, he goes in for the killer kiss and BAM gets denied.

Going with his whole ZOMG ASUMAAAAAAA internal fire, I think it would be pretty cool. Not that it will ever happen, but I can dream~ heart  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:39 pm
she's like almost 15 years older than him....that would be just wrong...  

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:39 pm
Not really. Temari is a far better match for a guy like him. And I PRAY he never gets a beard.

Also, Shikamaru is hardly anything like Asuma, personality wise. Kurenai LOVES Asuma... she can't just replace him... especially not with a kid who is at least 10 years younger than Asuma. I know age isn't all that much regarded, but he's a KID, and she's a grown woman.

It'd be interesting if she got desperate, and rather forward with him, but it would probably weird him out. Not to mention Kurenai isn't a little weak woman who needs a man to pick her up. She can take pretty good care of herself.

Though I think it'd be HILARIOUS for him to go onto her and be denied, my observations have always told me that Shikamaru is a receiver. Unless he falls madly in love; which I don't see happening.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:45 pm
Shikalee
Not really. Temari is a far better match for a guy like him. And I PRAY he never gets a beard.

Also, Shikamaru is hardly anything like Asuma, personality wise. Kurenai LOVES Asuma... she can't just replace him... especially not with a kid who is at least 10 years younger than Asuma. I know age isn't all that much regarded, but he's a KID, and she's a grown woman.

It'd be interesting if she got desperate, and rather forward with him, but it would probably weird him out. Not to mention Kurenai isn't a little weak woman who needs a man to pick her up. She can take pretty good care of herself.

Though I think it'd be HILARIOUS for him to go onto her and be denied, my observations have always told me that Shikamaru is a receiver. Unless he falls madly in love; which I don't see happening.
I realize Shikamaru isn't like Asuma, but he seems to be pretty keen on mimicing him right now. It would just be a neat twist if he took it a step further and went after his woman.

It doesn't really say anywhere that Kurenai loved Asuma. The two of them were clearly dating, but we all know that stuff doesn't always mean 1 TRU LUV and so on.

And since this post is obviously not serious, I was thinking more along the lines of YES, HILARIOUS. rofl

Ps - Age =/= Important to me.  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:50 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee

I realize Shikamaru isn't like Asuma, but he seems to be pretty keen on mimicing him right now. It would just be a neat twist if he took it a step further and went after his woman.

It doesn't really say anywhere that Kurenai loved Asuma. The two of them were clearly dating, but we all know that stuff doesn't always mean 1 TRU LUV and so on.

And since this post is obviously not serious, I was thinking more along the lines of YES, HILARIOUS. rofl

Ps - Age =/= Important to me.
I don't see him doing that... if he did, I would lose all my respect for him. Shikamaru has an almost cosmic integrity... for him to disrespect his sensei and the woman he loves in such a manner is... disgusting, in my opinion. It's like going out with your best friend's ex. Choose the sex or choose the friend. Practically taboo in most societies.

I would not fall on my knees crying, attend his funeral and lay a huge bouquet of flowers, think of him often, if I didn't love the guy.

I can imagine it.

Shikamaru: *closes in*
Kurenai: *sighs*
Shikamaru: *goes for it...!*
Kurenai: *PUNCH TO THE FACE*

That's why I said it isn't much regarded. I figured you saw it that way.

And it would be hilarious, but totally ******** heartbreaking at the same time. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:55 pm
Some of the best Shikamaru writing I've seen makes him go a little wacky at the end, so I'm swayed.

People love alot of people. I think about my friend often, and I would cry and lay flowers if they died. I love them, but I'm not madly in love with them. Just because someone's not you're girlfriend/noyfriend/whatever doesn't mean you don't get emotional about their death.

I think Kurenai would go for less punching and more "yeah no stare "  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:00 pm
Captain Verd
Some of the best Shikamaru writing I've seen makes him go a little wacky at the end, so I'm swayed.

People love alot of people. I think about my friend often, and I would cry and lay flowers if they died. I love them, but I'm not madly in love with them. Just because someone's not you're girlfriend/noyfriend/whatever doesn't mean you don't get emotional about their death.

One of my favorite fics I've written he goes totally mad and commits suicide. Doesn't make it realistic.

You said you didn't think that she loved Asuma, because you didn't read it. Some things just plain don't have to be said.

Punching would be more comical. But I think the most realistic response I can think of is, "*Sai grin* Sorry." But I also don't know her character all that well..  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:09 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd

One of my favorite fics I've written he goes totally mad and commits suicide. Doesn't make it realistic.

You said you didn't think that she loved Asuma, because you didn't read it. Some things just plain don't have to be said.

Punching would be more comical. But I think the most realistic response I can think of is, "*Sai grin* Sorry." But I also don't know her character all that well..
Anything is realistic if you do it realistically. That's why they were good fictions.

Of course I read it. I'm sure Kurenai loved Asuma, but they way you said it sounded like he was the only one for her let's get married yada yada yada. My point was that just because you love someone and they leave doesn't mean you'll never love again or anything like that. That's silly.  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:16 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd

Anything is realistic if you do it realistically. That's why they were good fictions.

Of course I read it. I'm sure Kurenai loved Asuma, but they way you said it sounded like he was the only one for her let's get married yada yada yada. My point was that just because you love someone and they leave doesn't mean you'll never love again or anything like that. That's silly.
It was, but what made it unrealistic is that Shikamaru isn't that selfish. No matter how you put it.

No, because you didn't READ it. SEE the words... She sure as hell won't love Shikamaru.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:21 pm
What makes things like that realistic is that people change. Showing the progression from what Shikamaru is now to someone who would do that, and doing it well, makes things like that work.

I'm pretty sure when you read, all you're doing is seeing words. I mean I'm not blind. I don't feel the words. I don't lick them. I certainly don't hear them.

Kurenai wouldn't ever go out with Shikamaru. If you read my post, I mean really read it with the eyes and the words, you'll see I didn't say she would.  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:55 am
Captain Verd
What makes things like that realistic is that people change. Showing the progression from what Shikamaru is now to someone who would do that, and doing it well, makes things like that work.

I'm pretty sure when you read, all you're doing is seeing words. I mean I'm not blind. I don't feel the words. I don't lick them. I certainly don't hear them.

Kurenai wouldn't ever go out with Shikamaru. If you read my post, I mean really read it with the eyes and the words, you'll see I didn't say she would.
I think you just want your theory to work more than anything... xd

No, DUNCE! LISTEN! xd You said, "It doesn't really say anywhere that Kurenai loved Asuma. The two of them were clearly dating, but we all know that stuff doesn't always mean 1 TRU LUV and so on." Because you didn't see Kurenai say, "I LOVE ASUMA LALALA" you think it's impossible; not even plausible.

Don't be a smartass. I read it. It was fangirling. rolleyes ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:35 am
I don't think you understand. This post is not a prediction of what's to come. I think it would be cool, but I understand that it won't happen.

That's not true either. I already told you I think Kurenai loved Asuma. What I don't think is true is that she would never get over him/date someone else.

Fangirling is when you pine over a certain character and what happens to him/her because you're oddly obssessed with them. Considering I like neither Shikamaru nor Kurenai, I think that rules this out.  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:12 am
Captain Verd
I don't think you understand. This post is not a prediction of what's to come. I think it would be cool, but I understand that it won't happen.

That's not true either. I already told you I think Kurenai loved Asuma. What I don't think is true is that she would never get over him/date someone else.

Fangirling is when you pine over a certain character and what happens to him/her because you're oddly obssessed with them. Considering I like neither Shikamaru nor Kurenai, I think that rules this out.
That's the thing; I don't. My opinion is that it's unrealistic and not that cool. Though it would make some hawt fanart.

I exactly quoted you. >_>

No... god. Don't play dumb. Fangirling/boying also falls under obsession over plot, couples, events, attacks/techniques... you don't want to have to ******** Rasengan to like it and you don't have to be erratic to have a clear bubbly affect towards a concept.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:28 am
Shikalee

I exactly quoted you. >_>

No... god. Don't play dumb. Fangirling/boying also falls under obsession over plot, couples, events, attacks/techniques... you don't want to have to ******** Rasengan to like it and you don't have to be erratic to have a clear bubbly affect towards a concept.
I think she did, but I don't think she's never going to get over him. What I'm trying to say is that Kurenai doesn't have to LOVE Asuma just because she loves him. It doesn't say anywhere that they were DESTINED TO BE ONE TRUE LOVE LET'S GET MARRIED.

And considering this isn't an obsession over a plot, I'm going to go ahead and say it again. This doesn't fall under fangirling. But we've already seen your weird views on fangirling. I mean,you're obsessed with with Shikamaru, but somehow not a fangirl. I make a post about what I think would be neat, and I'm fangriling it? neutral Maybe you need to reconsider what you think a fangirl is.  

Captain Verd

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:20 am
I don't think it'd be cool xd I would kinda rather find it creepy... just due to the ages. xd

And I think it'd be funny if he went in and she just punched him LOL  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces