Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Goth is a label. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[.Zonked.Panda.]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:20 am
No affense if you belive in labels but "Goth" is a label.
Now the only reason i'am here is beacause I was invited and it wouldnt be nice to leave.
So I just wanted to say that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:22 am
Also I dont know why people live by labels.
Labels:
Emo
Rocker
Goth
Metal head.
And ect...

You know it's pathetic.
Sorry but just speaking my mind.

[.Zonked.Panda.]

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:57 am
There's nothing wrong with labels so long as they're used correctly. Language in itself is just a series of labels; labelling a sound to a particular idea or object. "Apple" is a label we give to a certain fruit. "Fruit" is a label we give to a classification of plant. "Plant" is a label we give to organisms which draw energy from the sun. Et' cetera.

Labels are powerful and important. Without labels, our society could not function socially. Without labels, (musically in this example) Eminem wouldn't be rap and Led Zepplin wouldn't be rock; they'd be the same thing, "music".

Social labels (such as goth) are important, and there's nothing wrong with using them if they're used correctly.

Dictionary.com
goth
n.
1. A style of rock music that often evokes bleak, lugubrious imagery.
2. A performer or follower of this style of music.

If I'm a follower of goth-rock, calling me a goth IS NOT wrong.

To conclude (in summary), labels are not wrong. Labels are only wrong when used incorrectly.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:43 am
GilAskan
There's nothing wrong with labels so long as they're used correctly. Language in itself is just a series of labels; labelling a sound to a particular idea or object. "Apple" is a label we give to a certain fruit. "Fruit" is a label we give to a classification of plant. "Plant" is a label we give to organisms which draw energy from the sun. Et' cetera.

Labels are powerful and important. Without labels, our society could not function socially. Without labels, (musically in this example) Eminem wouldn't be rap and Led Zepplin wouldn't be rock; they'd be the same thing, "music".

Social labels (such as goth) are important, and there's nothing wrong with using them if they're used correctly.

Dictionary.com
goth
n.

To conclude (in summary), labels are not wrong. Labels are only wrong when used incorrectly.

Well put, Mr. Gil.

MortSanglant

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:33 pm
MortSanglant
GilAskan

Dictionary.com
goth
n.

Well put, Mr. Gil.

very well put  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:52 pm
evilfaerie13
MortSanglant
GilAskan

Dictionary.com
goth
n.

Well put, Mr. Gil.

very well put

Here here. Simply put, easy to understand....  

Henneth Annun
Captain

nerdlover08

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:01 pm
Bravo GilAskan.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:40 pm
3nodding  

Fux this account

-Isel-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:01 pm
OH MY GOD, GOTH IS A LABEL!??!? WELL SLAP ME NAKED AND CALL ME GRANDMA, FOR I WAS BLIND BUT NOW I SEE!!!!!

Jeez, it's not world news, we all know goth is a label.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:07 pm
MortSanglant
GilAskan

Dictionary.com
goth
n.

Well put, Mr. Gil.

agreed  

Willie-John[Abomination]

Vampire-Elf of the Void

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:19 pm
True, but many people use it wrong. My normal expression, as described my friends, is very sad-looking. Since I wear a lot of black, though not always, people call me emo. Just because I'm Goth doesn't mean I'm Emo. I mean, Hell, you can be a happy Goth if it so suits you.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:25 pm
Yes, goth is a label and if we did'nt have labels for everything we would all be otturly confused. Its hard to label me because I'm everything and nothing at the same time. lol  

xXYunaRiverXx

Interesting Vampire

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:35 pm
The way I view lables is this: the world is going to lable you get over it. You cant stop it so just embrace it and love it. I love being labled Goth. I'm proud to be Goth. I think its one of the best lables out there. Its just a waist of breath to try and fight it so I expect it and live it to the fullest.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:00 pm
Well duh! I don't care if anyone labels me anything. It doesn't bother or phase me because that is their own stereotypical opinion. If it's true, it's true. If it's not, it's not. But, this guild was not just made for goths which you can so clearly read in the front. If you are too lazy to do so, I feel sorry for you; in modern day life, you'll have to do a lot more reading than just that.

This is just a question, but what was the point of your statement? You just repeated something we all well know. If you're trying to change people's minds about labels on this guild and elsewhere, good luck; that is a goal that you will never reach.  

Dirzdra

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:56 pm
GilAskan

Dictionary.com
goth
n.

Finally, someone else!

*cheers*

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas