Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Out of Place

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you always been comfortable with yourself?
  Yes.
  No.
  I'm getting better.
  I struggle a lot with self-image, etc...
View Results

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:38 pm
I've noticed a lot of people who make comments referencing how they are misunderstood and that they have a need to feel understood.

I have never had this problem.

I have never felt out of place.

I have never felt that I was misunderstood and that I need to seek those who will understand me.

I'm not saying that it's wrong to feel this way; I'm moreso wondering if there are others who don't suffer from this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:04 pm
I've never particularly had the problem either.

confused  

GilAskan
Crew

Lexiegirl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:22 pm
Actually, its never been much of a problem for me either. Most of the time when I feel "misunderstood", I boil it down to teen angst, especially if its with my parents. They know whats best for me and it's not because they don't understand me, its because they know whats best and they've been there, done that.

I've never had it with my peers either. I actually have ALOT of friends, goths and non-goths alike. Some of my friends are just kind of like, HA the goth girl is MY FRIEND. I've never felt like I have no place or am misunderstood.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:23 pm
I've never had problems like that. smile

Suicide Lollies

-Isel-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:56 pm
The only times I've been misunderstood, it's been a result of the fact I'm terrible at expressing myself in comprehensible ways. So I never get worked up about it, I just try to phrase it better...

I'm sure that would work for everyone who feels "misunderstood", if they just explained themselves to someone in a simple manner... that someone would probably understand.

Naturally, however, I feel out of place- but rightfully so. I'm a baritone-voiced bisexual crossdresser, there's not much of a "place" I can fit into. However, again, I never get worked up about it, because if I ever wanted to fit into something, I could change.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:16 pm
i am what i am, and i am where i am. i'm content to be that that i am, so i guess that makes me happy with myself.

Hel Daughter of Loki

Dirzdra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:13 pm
I do have times where I feel misunderstood either from lack of explanation or the person's ignorance (or both), but I rarely ever care. If I can't get the person to know what I am saying because they can't understand me, I'll give up after a couple of tries. If they don't understand because of clashing views, I'll give up and change the subject. Besides, most of the stuff I say has little importance (like this), so it's not like I'm losing anything.

I've never felt misunderstood on the level where it's, "Oh my god, my life is so different. Why me? Why can't anyone help me?"
I know I'm not the different on the inside or out, and my life isn't that terrible, hard sometimes, but never terrible.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:03 am
I think everyone's meaning gets misconstrued sometimes. I've been misunderstood by certain people in certain conversations, and once in a while I meet someone who thinks so differently that it's as if we're speaking a different language. But I don't see myself as an intrinsically misunderstood person, because I am rarely misjudged by anyone who matters.  

Veruniel
Crew

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:27 am
Just to make sure everyone knows what I mean, I mean a person who feels misunderstood overall.

I think it's impossible to go through life without being misunderstood in conversation.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:31 am
I've always been rather relaxed about the issue. I admit that at one point I really cared about being understood, but these days I'm mainly just working on my own issues. (I care less about what other people may think about me.) The only troubles I really experience regarding that these days are the lady kinds. stare  

Clash of Vision

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:31 am
While as I don't feel "misunderstood", I've never felt comfortable with myself.
not much at all....

I had weight issues growing up and was horribly overweight from first grade to 8th grade. Pretty much in 9th grade I grew a lot taller and still am, so it helped balance out my body mass to the point it's not bad anymore.

But, still, I felt uncomfortable with my weight, and it's been a problem that has bugged me my entire life....But I'm working on that.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:35 am
Macabre_Cogitation
While as I don't feel "misunderstood", I've never felt comfortable with myself.
not much at all....

I had weight issues growing up and was horribly overweight from first grade to 8th grade. Pretty much in 9th grade I grew a lot taller and still am, so it helped balance out my body mass to the point it's not bad anymore.

But, still, I felt uncomfortable with my weight, and it's been a problem that has bugged me my entire life....But I'm working on that.

Well, just know I love you not matter what, WE.

^^

MortSanglant

Avalon Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:37 pm
People fear what they do not understand and fear creates misconceptions combined with the predjudice that we have been fed by authority figure to be good. Misunderstood yes, there is always that, but I'd rather be misunderstood than change my outlook and way of life to suit another's conception of the world.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:41 pm
i live in toronto everything is weird here, so i have no problems feeling out of place pirate  

xX x0mbie Xx

~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff