Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Ever been flamed for banning someone? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

._.

View Results

Goddess Ace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:48 am
Just curious, I've banned users and recieve some nasty pms from people. One was even bad enough for reporting of harassment. So does anyone get these nasty pms? Or am I just being sensative?

I'm just wanting opinions because apparently:
Quote:
...the incompetance of of individual moderators in the guild being unable to handle negative feedback from the users that they ban.

Because I'm sorry, I banned a user because they broke the rules constantly - then recieve very degrading comments plus want to get back in the guild. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:26 am
no but ive flamed other mods for banning the wrong people,lol  

iori_lamia

Goddess Ace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:11 am
iori_lamia

At least you directly say something to them.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:27 am
Oh yeah let me tell you xd Twas not fun at all >< They were really mean to churrlo-kun! But I told them I didn't care cause I was a mod so HA! scream  

churrlo

Goddess Ace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:29 am
churrlo
Oh yeah let me tell you xd Twas not fun at all >< They were really mean to churrlo-kun! But I told them I didn't care cause I was a mod so HA! scream

I laughed at it when I blocked the guy but it kind of hurt at the same time. sweatdrop

But I am a VC so I am in the position for a reason.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:33 am
I've banned people in my guilds before but none of them have ever flamed me. Probably because they usually end up on my ignore list. I don't like annoying people.. So, I try to get rid of them as soon as possible.  

Rosencoff

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:34 am
I am VC for a reason too ninja And it does bother me as well... but basically it's our powers over them. We overrule them! MUAHAHA!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:50 am
The worst part is I banned him for spamming so he gets mad when it was clearly stated in the rules.  

Goddess Ace

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:26 am
I hate people like that xd

I also got flamed once because like... in this guild it specifically says that when you request to join you include which guilds you are crew in... and people don't >< And I'll usually be nice and look up their guilds but if I can't find it, then I reject their request. And like they got all pissed at me. And I was like GR! Join by filling out all the info b***h! scream  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:34 am
Goddess Ace
iori_lamia

At least you directly say something to them.

hehe true

@churllo-u dont have power of my profile. oooo xD heart  

iori_lamia

OmegaDestroyer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:29 am
Not me, but one of my friends was constantly harassed by someone to become a mod in her guild. So after a while this person donated 2k to the guild and said she deserves the title because she contributed to the guild.

After a while of begging, she got banned from the guild, and ignored, so she ran off to Nana_Wing to try and get her 2k back. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:50 am
OmegaDestroyer
Not me, but one of my friends was constantly harassed by someone to become a mod in her guild. So after a while this person donated 2k to the guild and said she deserves the title because she contributed to the guild.

After a while of begging, she got banned from the guild, and ignored, so she ran off to Nana_Wing to try and get her 2k back. rolleyes

I hate when people donate to the guild and think they should get something special. Most of the time the guild doesn't even want the donations because they don't need subs Dx  

Goddess Ace

DantesTheDivine

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:53 am
I was flamed for giving a guy a warning and then casually pointing out that one more violation meant he was banned.
I enjoyed it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:27 am
No, but one of my fellow mods did.
He banned some blathering idiot then all of her stupid friends spammed up the guild. gonk
Terrible. The worst part is, they never bothered to PM any of the mods about it, they just whined in the guild's main forum. :starE:

hydroh

Enelya Anarion

Omnipresent Strawberry

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:34 am
I have been flamed, sautéed, boiled and burned in all possible manners. o 3o And yet I really don't care. I help run a lot of things all over the place, so I just came to feel that it was expected after awhile. The first time it happened I was so confused.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff