Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Crafts for Cjhristmas

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do handmade gifts have more meaning than store bought gifts?
  yes
  no
View Results

gingin929

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:38 am
I love making gifts but I tend to run out of time.....  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:04 am
same but I'm gonna give it a shot since well...... I don't have too much I'm willing to spend, so craft supplied are the cheapest thing to get, plus more fun and meaning behind the gift since it'll be the only one like it  

Yugure no Tasogare

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:07 am
I love making gifts. This year I"m trying to come up with some new things to give.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:52 pm
I love making gifts, too. I tend to start in July or August, but some people are going to get quick-crochet scarves this year since I'm a grad student.  

Brunette_Star

gemini6184

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:18 pm
It depends on the person. Like I know my mom appreciates handmade things more than my sister. I always have to buy for my sister but most of my other family members I can make something.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:14 pm
I like to make handmade gifts, but always end up running out of time. sweatdrop Unfortunately, most of my family wouldn't wear most of the things I could knit/crochet. No-one wears gloves, or mittens, or hats, or scarves, or uses bags. It's very frustrating. gonk  

KariudoMegami

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:16 am
gemini6184
It depends on the person. Like I know my mom appreciates handmade things more than my sister. I always have to buy for my sister but most of my other family members I can make something.

My sister is the same way. As long as what ever I get her has a volleyball or dolphin on it she's happy.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:33 am
KariudoMegami
I like to make handmade gifts, but always end up running out of time. sweatdrop Unfortunately, most of my family wouldn't wear most of the things I could knit/crochet. No-one wears gloves, or mittens, or hats, or scarves, or uses bags. It's very frustrating. gonk

You can switch to making household items, like afgans, placemats, washcloths, coasters, pillows  

gingin929

Tes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:38 pm
~
I don't think that handmade gifts mean more than store bought ones.
As long as what you're getting is suited to the person and is something that shows you put some thought into it then it doesn't really matter where it comes from. I love hunting for the perfect christmas gift as much as I like to make them, there is no less effort put into it.
I know that I am overjoyed to recieve any gift, regardless of where it came from or how much it costed.

DJ is getting pillows and new sheets this year and I'm not making them. However I know he'll appreciate them more than anything else I could make, at this point.
DD, well we've agreed already to shop for our combined household needs after christmas, and that will be our gift to eachother and ourselves.
At the same time I have a few christmas projects going, I'm still making some things that I couldn't buy or buy a nice version of.

~

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:35 pm
gingin929
I love making gifts but I tend to run out of time.....

me too, so i usally knit small things so i can make more gifts  

fashionista468

fashionista468

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:38 pm
VP Club Freakin Justice
I love making gifts. This year I"m trying to come up with some new things to give.

I am a procrastinator (did i spell that right?) i start making gifts around october  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:56 pm
This year I totally made home made fudges and all sorts of good stuff for christms, the family etc. loved it.  

I be me
Vice Captain

bunnehdeo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:20 pm
I've only one actual gift for someone. My choir class had secret santa this year & I got my teacher. I had no clue what to get her, but everyone said she liked the color pink (also my favorite color =^-^=) & I just happened to have fuzzy pink yarn. So, I decided to make her a scarf. When she opened it she loved it. It was cool to see her reaction.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:44 am
The reaction is what I love. ^_^ Even non-crafters can appreciate the time you put into a homemade gift, especially if it's something they'd actually like to wear/use.  

Brunette_Star

Volatile Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:00 pm
I think handmade presents only mean more than store bought gifts when whatever you make is suited to the person recieving. A handmade gift isn't special when you give someone who lives in Florida a wool scarf--I'm sure they'd prefer a new TV from Best Buy or something.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games