Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Show and Tell Week of November 27 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gemini6184

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:00 am
Well it's Tuesday and I hadn't seen one for this week yet so I figured since I was here anyway I'd make the thread.

For me, I am officially crazy! I started Knitty's Shedir, a chemo cap for someone's mom sweatdrop and omg is it tedious. I'm doing it bit by bit so my sweaters for my friends don't get left behind. And so I don't go off the deep end whee Hopefully it will get better as I get used to the pattern.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:38 am
I'm currently trying to work out a pattern for a ipod mini for finger weight yarn... ^^;; its not going so good (only because I don't have my Ipod yet... ) XD  

Psycho Butterfly

gemini6184

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:51 am
Psycho Butterfly
I'm currently trying to work out a pattern for a ipod mini for finger weight yarn... ^^;; its not going so good (only because I don't have my Ipod yet... ) XD
If you get the dimensions of the ipod it should be easier 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:58 am
well right now I'm working on 3 scarves that are going to be for Christmas.

the first is a pink and gray scarf that I'm makeing for my mom, she's been on this pink kick the past couple of months and the gray I'm mixing it with makes it look and feel nice, but I ran out of the pink so I have to put that one on hold till I get more.

the next is for my best friends little sister, I hang out at their house all the time so I feel like I have to make some thing for her 2 sisters as well.
I'm trying to make the scarf look like water, so its 2 blue yarns with this blue/black fun fur, but I ran out of the fun fur so I have to put that one on hold untill I get more.

so wile I'm waiting, I'm startting on another scarf that is just 2 earthy yarns and I have enough yarn for this one. xd

I'm doing them all on my 15's so I really have to start getting those done. 3nodding I think there all just about half done so all I need is more time and yarn.

after that there will be more things I need to make but I have yet st start on those, and I think that might be a good thing. xp  

Lee Kushrenada

Psycho Butterfly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:27 pm
gemini6184
Psycho Butterfly

I did and I was working in the round.. but it seemed to be wrong because it was really really tiny... like pinky finger tiny XD  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:48 pm
I just finished a headband off a pattern I found in another thread here last week. I finally finished it last night and I'm wearing it right now. It's SO comfortable. If I get a chance(And new batteries for my camera xp ) I'll post a picture of it later.  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:30 pm
the earthy scarf I was working on is now done.
I got my hands on some more black fun fur so I'm startting back up on the blue scarf. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:48 pm
My internet works again!!!!!
Horrah!!!!

and I made a bag for me that I wanted to make for a while.
And I have my internet, and I have my digital camera, but I don't have the thingey that connects the camera to the computer, so I can't show you any of hte photo's.
but trust me the bag is awesomely awesome.  

I be me
Vice Captain

gemini6184

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:02 am
Psycho Butterfly
gemini6184
Psycho Butterfly

I did and I was working in the round.. but it seemed to be wrong because it was really really tiny... like pinky finger tiny XD
if you rib it it would stretch easier. or maybe it will fit a shuffle xd  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:09 am
Psycho Butterfly
gemini6184
Psycho Butterfly

I haven't done much (okay, any) work in the round, but I made iPod Nano sleeves by just knitting a rectangle on straight needles that was about twice the length of the iPod. From there, I did some decreases so that the shape went into a point (bad at explaining), sewed up the sides an added a button. I'd show pics, but they were for presents and are gone now. 3nodding  

Sammirah

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

i-am-upsidedown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:22 pm
Right now i'm sewing a pillow. I've done pillows before but this is completely my own design, so it should be interesting. If it turns out well I'll post a picture.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:26 pm
All my projects are on hold until after finals and my carple tunnel quits acting up. crying  

knitting_needle_ninja

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:23 am
i-am-upsidedown
Right now i'm sewing a pillow. I've done pillows before but this is completely my own design, so it should be interesting. If it turns out well I'll post a picture.

is it like a throw pillow, or like a pillow you sleep with?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:35 pm
In the past week I:
1] Spaz non-pattern knitted a scarf and matching hat for myself with some leftover blue furry yarn
2] Made another non-patterned set with black furry yarn for my sister [[YAY CHRISTMAS!!!]]
3] Freeknitted a glasses case for my friend Andi's Christmas present
4] Taught my five-year old sister to sew [[she made a pillow for me mum, it's so cute!]]
5] Decorated a handbag I bought from Micheal's [[Fringe!!!]]

I think I like the concept of not actually using a pattern... It's like the knitting kind of takes on a life of its own...

And I'm currently working on:
1] A pillow for me mum made from a recycled calico skirt
2] A shoulder bag for my younger sister
3] And I'm considering the possibility of making lovely little change banks for my four younger siblings.

I'm at a loss for what to make my older brother though. I was thinking maybe a lapghan for the drive back and forth to college, because his car heater doesn't work, but my parents swear they're having it fixed.

Does anyone know what an eighteen year old chemical engineering major in college would appriciate for Christmas?

Maer^ier

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:37 pm
knitting_needle_ninja
All my projects are on hold until after finals and my carple tunnel quits acting up. crying
ouch.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces