Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
circular knitted bags?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psycho Butterfly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:51 pm
(eeh dropped the other project XD I'll save it for when I learn to crochet)

okay... so I want to make a chinchilla bag... basicly just knit a two circules, sew them together, glue on some felt for the mouth maybe some fishing wire for wiskers and teddy bear eyes for well... eyes. and maybe knit a tail out of fun fur...

but I can't find a pattern to knit circules without knitting in the round (it didn't go so well when I tried)... so yeah...

so I was thinking... I cast on... oh... 5 stitches... knit one row then increase two stitches (knit one, increase, knit to last two, increase, knit one) then knit a full row and then repeat untill I get to the desired width then do the decreasing...

I think that sounds good... o_o; any expert advice? 8D  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:23 am
Psycho Butterfly
(eeh dropped the other project XD I'll save it for when I learn to crochet)

okay... so I want to make a chinchilla bag... basicly just knit a two circules, sew them together, glue on some felt for the mouth maybe some fishing wire for wiskers and teddy bear eyes for well... eyes. and maybe knit a tail out of fun fur...

but I can't find a pattern to knit circules without knitting in the round (it didn't go so well when I tried)... so yeah...

so I was thinking... I cast on... oh... 5 stitches... knit one row then increase two stitches (knit one, increase, knit to last two, increase, knit one) then knit a full row and then repeat untill I get to the desired width then do the decreasing...

There's a nice way to knit circles without knitting in the round using short rows. However, I don't think it'll give you the look you desire. (http://www.mielkesfarm.com/dishclth.htm)

Crocheting in the round is another possibility and pretty easy.  

Catcheen
Crew

Beboots

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:45 pm
I agree with Catcheen - it's probably more simple to crochet on the round (faster, too). The fabric would also probably be more durable. I'm afraid that the only way I know to knit circles is to use four double-pointed needles. sad Sorry!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:03 pm
When i do rounds i do crochet. mrgreen  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:00 pm
Yea, I do both, and crochet is MUCH simpler. It's one of the easier things to do with crochet. Of course I've been crocheting for a lot longer, so that might explain it...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:43 pm
Psycho Butterfly

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this but I had a bit of a revelation on it. You could theoreticaly work a circle like that, but you'll have to increase more than two stiches every other round. Adding a stich for each row makes a square (I'm working a pattern like this at the moment). I would grab some knitting graph paper and work out the shape to figure out the number of increases needed and where to make them.  

Phishy

Dapper Genius

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces