Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Just a Warning Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Morvegil

Lonely Phantom

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:17 pm
I just recieved a PM from [NC] Harou saying - "You have been suspected of hacking multiple accounts on Gaia

We have received a few reports of you "hacking" accounts on Gaia. In order to avoid an immediate ban, we require your password to check your trade history. If you take longer then TEN minutes to respond to this warning, your account will be permanently banned. If you chose to cooperate and we find you guilty, your ban will only be temporary. But if you chose to disobey, your account will lose all of its rights and your IP will be blocked from our site.

Sincerely,
The Gaia Administrators" - I reported him, but just incase you recieve a message saying the same. Gaia personel will NEVER ask you for your password! Also, I doubt the people of Gaia would make a mistake when spelling "than".  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:01 pm
what a clever yet idotic person.
its good u didnbt get scared mrgreen  

iori_lamia

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:08 pm
There appear to be a lot of these going around today or something, lol. But yeah, that's the best thing to do. Just report them then watch them get burned. Oh, yeah. Don't forget to bring marshmallows. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:08 pm
Hackers. >.>  

Ebony Beauty

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:32 pm
MemoryDragon
There appear to be a lot of these going around today or something, lol. But yeah, that's the best thing to do. Just report them then watch them get burned. Oh, yeah. Don't forget to bring marshmallows. xd

woo!
and sticks xD  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:42 pm
Another point, how would a mod be guaranteed you would even be on in ten minutes? Why would they need your password as well? They could most likely just go in and do what they wanted to anyway. I don't think they would need your password when they could use an administrators password.  

Tesunie

15,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Funkyblueeyes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:38 pm
Ooh wow they're clever little buggers.
With the exception of their grammar.

I always loved getting those messages from msn "If you dunt send this 2 ten ppl I delete yur account Rawrz!!"

=P  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:15 pm

Here's a less well-known but even more dangerous one which started circulating not too long ago. I got two PMs from the same person with the same info. I asked taligator if it was a bannable offence and that person got pwnd.

I checked. There was a keylogger inside of the zipped file that was sent. Which I never downloaded since I decided to check the source out. xD It had typical keylogger coding.
iwanttodieplease
Hey guys check what I've found out..

It's an undetectable bot that runs for you and make gold while you sleep or to school wink

The trial version is COMPLETLY FREE (virus-free) and the latest version is downloadable here : -link removed for your safety-
The profesionnal version is just 30$ and comes with lifetime free updates.

Look here for more details : -link removed for your safety-

Check their forums for tons of already satisfied customers, or to ask questions directly !

I made 200k so far and still going up

-[[Yreka!]]-

Tesunie

15,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:24 pm
Nice one, I would never do it anyway. It would still be unfair and against Gaia rules. Then to think about it if I was to do it, it seems to good to be true anyway. Free, and the normal rate is $30? Why not just charge the $30? If it was free, then what was up with the $ part? As I said, too good to be true, if you were looking for a bot program that is. I don't even know what that is, and not interested either. question

Oh and what is cybering? I must be showing my newness to Gaia and online in general. question

(Hint, I don't trust 'free' stuff on the Internet, for there is normally a catch anyway.)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:27 pm
Funkyblueeyes
Ooh wow they're clever little buggers.
With the exception of their grammar.

I always loved getting those messages from msn "If you dunt send this 2 ten ppl I delete yur account Rawrz!!"

=P

delete, rawrz XD  

iori_lamia

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:36 pm
Botting is when you have an automated program that does things like refreashing the page just to get more gold and so forth. They are against gaia rules and TOS.

Even if the link provided in -[[Yreka!]]-'s PM were a true one, you'd get your a** handed to you for botting. It is not only a sure fire way to get yourself banned, but anyone who you happen to give out gold or stuff to.

Cybering is a completely different subject... But since you've asked I'll answer it in here. xd Cybering is where people basically "roleplay" having sex and other sexual activities. Like botting, cybering is against the gaia TOS and can get you banned quicker than you can blink if reported. All such activity should be reported if you come across it, in order to keep gaia a site that is safe for the kiddies and people who generally just don't want to see it.

I think that covers everything... rofl I am entirely too sleepy right now though... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:44 pm
Great job.
What's the dance with "then" and "than"
i never got an answer from the teacher.
Sucks.  

onelazysheep

Hygienic Member

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:54 pm
Then is time. Ex: You will do this, then that. Than is comparison. Ex: This is better than that.

That help any? I'm trying to think of any other instances of when to use them, but like I said before, I'm very tired at the moment... rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:24 pm
MemoryDragon
Botting is when you have an automated program that does things like refreashing the page just to get more gold and so forth. They are against gaia rules and TOS.

Even if the link provided in -[[Yreka!]]-'s PM were a true one, you'd get your a** handed to you for botting. It is not only a sure fire way to get yourself banned, but anyone who you happen to give out gold or stuff to.

Cybering is a completely different subject... But since you've asked I'll answer it in here. xd Cybering is where people basically "roleplay" having sex and other sexual activities. Like botting, cybering is against the gaia TOS and can get you banned quicker than you can blink if reported. All such activity should be reported if you come across it, in order to keep gaia a site that is safe for the kiddies and people who generally just don't want to see it.

I think that covers everything... rofl I am entirely too sleepy right now though... sweatdrop

Thanks, I had an idea about that, but wasn't sure. I know what boting was, but not what it would really do.

If I see any inappropriate stuff, I do report it. I have already reported two threads in the public forums for stuff like that. I believe in a good rp, but there are limits, and doing that is one of them. I don't even like the sounds of Romance rps because it can get too, umm, close to doing something like that. The cybering thingy. I am not good with words... sweatdrop At least not as of late, and not on that topic.  

Tesunie

15,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

-[[Yreka!]]-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:48 pm
-[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. domokun User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]-

User Image

Oh yeah. Adding to mine again, the person seems to be using a botting program. I've gotten PMs from three accounts all with default male avis (no clicking involved), created on 11/25/06, and have lots of bumps in bump threads approximately 2 minuites apart.

Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff