Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Question about breaking up...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Am I normal for feeling this way? (Please be nice and honest about this)
  Yes, this is perfectly normal
  No, this seems like a strange occurance.
View Results

ShallowGraves

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:44 pm
Ok, I broke up with my girlfriend this last week...it had just felt like we had drifted apart...we lived together along with some people...I have never broke up with someone before...I have been broken up with a couple of times before, and both of thouse were not under good circumstances...This time, we are under very good circumstances, and are still friends and stuff...the problem is that I am finding that I miss her so very much now and think that I made a mistake...I just figured I would ask people here, as I figured at least someone here might have gone through something similar, does this seem like a normal reaction?

Thanks anyone...I just really want to figure out what I should do, as my brain is driving me nuts...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:59 pm
it's kinda normal to feel that way after a good break up. I know from experiance, i once dated the same guy on six different occations after we kept breaking up on good terms.

My advice is to smile, be her friend, and just sort of wait it out. if the feelings of regret don't faid then it's most likely more than just residual feelings... act on it then.

Hel Daughter of Loki

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:03 am
It's a pretty normal feeling, one that you'll get with almost any break-up. Unless you absolutely hate the person you're breaking up with, you'll feel some sort of attachment to the person.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:11 am
Oh yeah. I felt that way with my ex.
We started tallking again, and I just ignored the feeling. And then, for reasons unbeknownst to me, I gradually started to find her annoying. And when, after a while she got a major crush on some other guy, I realized I really didn't care.  

Athiel

Argetlam13

Shirtless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:58 am
Yeah. This kind of thing sucks sometimes. Like now, for me. I want to break up with someone, but I can't. You'll have that issue a lot. It happens sometimes when people break up with you as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:41 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

It happens man, thats why love is so confusing, just follow your heart.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

Dante Omura

ShallowGraves

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:27 am
Thanks everyone. I kind of knew that it was as normal deep down, but it helps to hear others say it as well. I just need to try to keep my mind off of it, and see what happens.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:44 pm
it is overly normal i broke up wih my boyfriend then told his new girlfriend to back off without realizing it lol  

vailendeathmage

6,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Flatterer 200

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:59 pm
It is normal to feel that way. I myself sometimes felt myself missing my ex, but then I realized that what I miss isn't so much him, but what we had. We had been so happy and I loved being with him; I would remember being at his house, hanging out (and making out) and just being so happy, and I would get sad and miss it, but then I know that I can't get him back, I don't really want him back after what he did, and I know that even if we did get back together we could never get back the things we had that I miss. No, I have a new boyfriend and I'm so happy with him! We live far away and we can't see each other too often, but when we do see each other it's heaven, and just having him in my life is amazing. I'd rather be with my new boyfriend over my ex-boyfriend any day of the week!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:38 pm
i suggest you talk to her about it....if she feels the same amybe you two did make a mistake and should rekindle  

ketchakik

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:32 am
Totally, 100% normal.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:07 pm
Perfectly normal in my sense.... [nodds]  

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:47 am
It's called mourning. It's perfectly normal if you love(d) her. You'll get over it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:43 pm
Athiel
Oh yeah. I felt that way with my ex.
We started tallking again, and I just ignored the feeling. And then, for reasons unbeknownst to me, I gradually started to find her annoying. And when, after a while she got a major crush on some other guy, I realized I really didn't care.

I felt the same way when I broke up with my boyfriend. I think that a little while after you break up with someone, after the infatuation is gone, all the negative things about them pop out.

Anyway.. Despite your (apparently?) very good relationship, you probably won't feel this way forever. It'll just take some time to get over her. 3nodding  

perrenthezombie

~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff