Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Eh.... Meep......

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:19 pm
Okay. So I asked my friend the other day, what religion he was. His reply was "other" so I'm just like, okay. So what's your religion? And all he would tell me was other. Then he said, "If there was a list of religions such as:

Christian
Buddist
Satanist
Athiest
Agnostic
Hindu
Muslim
Judaism
Kabbalah
Pagan
Scientolgist
Other

he would always fall into the category of "other". So, I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what he might be. I mean, not the exact religion since that would be kind of hard without him here, but what religions he could be. Oh, and mabey this will help mabey not, but he has an Ankh necklace. So, yeah. Please help me. I really want to know!!!!!

~ heart ~Liv~ heart ~  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:53 pm
Maybe he doesn't have a religion, at least not an organized one that has a name. Lots of people don't need a title to define their beliefs.  

Dragonfire Goddess

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:09 pm
My best guess based on the face value of the facts presented would be following the ways of the ancient egyptians. Without more info that's the best conclusion I can draw. sweatdrop Sorry I can't be of more help there.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:56 pm
I doubt the fact that he has an Ankh necklace means he follows the Egyptian beliefs. Anyway, if he did, why would he just say "other"? If you ask me, I'd say he either, have one, doesn't know, has mixture of different beliefs or has a completely different belief system to anyone else.  

littlewonder

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:02 am
Sounds like he probably just follows his own personal set of beliefs, founded by himself, and for himself only. I've known people who say it is against their personal beliefs to discribe them to anybody else.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:37 am
He's most likely Kemetic - follows the religion of the ancient Egyptians like Luri and a few others said.

My roommate is such. She doesn't call herself a follower of Kemet, she just states "I follow the religion of the ancient Egyptians."

Being Kemetic can be either extremely organised - meaning you really are involved in a heirarchy of priests/priestesses, etc... or it can be individual.

He very well may be doing it all on his own. It seems my roommate does so too. She's thrilled when she finds others like her, but she seems more a loner about it.

MortSanglant

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:40 am
He might have an eclectic spirituality, which would explain why he doesn't fall in a specific religious category.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:40 am
I've had friends ask what religion I am, and have given the same answer of "Other" or something similar because I don't have any specific religion. I am one of thouse that gathers information, then kind of combines it all into what I feel is the way it truely is, so there really is no answer, other than Other that fits.  

ShallowGraves

ketchakik

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:58 pm
maybe he's a spatulaist?
i had a girl friend who once worshiped spatulas (she also slept in a closet)

on a more serious note the could be a theist (not sure if the term is corect) but like drawing from the aristetailan school of thougt..and worshiping some unnameded unmoved mover...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:44 pm
Yeah... We're definitely not going to be able to tell you what he is. But, as it's been said, chances are that he's got his own thing going on and that it's much more difficult to actually explain what he thinks than it is to just say "other".

There's also a possibility that he does follow a named religion but doesn't want people to know about it. Either way, though, no one but him can give you a real answer. Sorry. : /  

R-e-d _ C a r e s s

Shirtless Shapeshifter

~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces