Reply Naruto Guild
"Realistic" Evidence: Manga VS Anime Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:54 pm
This topic is actually regarding a previous discussion; I feel it deserves it's own thread. I'm actually surprised it doesn't have a thread.

STORY VALUE: Anime VS Manga.

Fans b***h about it everyday. That a fan who watches the anime knows more, that a fan who has read the manga further understands. That a fan who owns, and has read the Japanese Manga RAW and fan books has more information than the Joe who makes assumptions. Some say that no one but Kishimoto knows himself.

Which is more valuable and which contains more, "facts" according to the fans? A lot of fans in the guild lately have practically mistaken Naruto, a cartoon, as fact. It has been more and more frequent that I will find myself arguing about quantum physics and the theory of relativity VS conservation of energy. Does it ever cross anyone's mind that this book doesn't have to make ANY logical sense? xd

So what is good evidence? That we can use logic to create new ideas or that we can read the book and understand it fully for what it is? I'm certain a unnamed Mary Sue will come in here and tell me about how I'm guilty of the first or the latter, or both. To be honest, I don't give a damn about my consistency, because I just come here when I'm bored. Just popping questions, really. surprised

The anime has more stuff going on, clearly, with over 100 filler episodes. That's a plus. But does it stick to the manga? Which is more "realistic" to the story and why? Even though it is a fictional story, it does follow a trend, so obviously, some theories are stupider than others. However, I don't see a point in arguing over it.

A note:
Don't call me a hypocrite and s**t, ladies. Those are cheap stabs and are just ASKING for an arguement, which you claim you're too mature for. I've given you chances, I've given me chances. Because I cannot resist arguing with you, I will probably end up quitting the guild. And I know you'll love that. So go ahead. And make me leave.

So anyway. Discuss. This may be my last discussion. razz I hope no one is heartbroken. Churrlo. gonk heart Juuyonbi and Chibi and Pervert and shadowofthemist and Liz_Biz (even though you probably won't miss me) all my lovely friends. crying ((If I leave, I'll find a place to meet you guys. Probably make a hangout or something...)) Heck, I love most everyone here. Some of them just argue and be bitchy. But even they have good sides. It pisses me off that we can't truce or end this stupidity. Digging up the past is a nasty came... just LEAVE what has come to past.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:45 pm
Shikalee
This topic is actually regarding a previous discussion; I feel it deserves it's own thread. I'm actually surprised it doesn't have a thread.

Fans b***h about it everyday. That a fan who watches the anime knows more, that a fan who has read the manga further understands. That a fan who owns, and has read the Japanese Manga RAW and fan books has more information than the Joe who makes assumptions. Some say that no one but Kishimoto knows himself.

Which is more valuable and which contains more, "facts" according to the fans? A lot of fans in the guild lately have practically mistaken Naruto, a cartoon, as fact. It has been more and more frequent that I will find myself arguing about quantum physics and the theory of relativity VS conservation of energy. Does it ever cross anyone's mind that this book doesn't have to make ANY logical sense? xd

So what is good evidence? That we can use logic to create new ideas or that we can read the book and understand it fully for what it is? I'm certain a unnamed Mary Sue will come in here and tell me about how I'm guilty of the first or the latter, or both. To be honest, I don't give a damn about my consistency, because I just come here when I'm bored. Just popping questions, really. surprised

The anime has more stuff going on, clearly, with over 100 filler episodes. That's a plus. But does it stick to the manga? Which is more "realistic" to the story and why? Even though it is a fictional story, it does follow a trend, so obviously, some theories are stupider than others. However, I don't see a point in arguing over it.

A note:
Don't call me a hypocrite and s**t, ladies. Those are cheap stabs and are just ASKING for an arguement, which you claim you're too mature for. I've given you chances, I've given me chances. Because I cannot resist arguing with you, I will probably end up quitting the guild. And I know you'll love that. So go ahead. And make me leave.

So anyway. Discuss. This may be my last discussion. razz I hope no one is heartbroken. Churrlo. gonk heart Juuyonbi and Chibi and Pervert and shadowofthemist and Liz_Biz (even though you probably won't miss me) all my lovely friends. crying ((If I leave, I'll find a place to meet you guys. Probably make a hangout or something...)) Heck, I love most everyone here. Some of them just argue and be bitchy. But even they have good sides. It pisses me off that we can't truce or end this stupidity. Digging up the past is a nasty came... just LEAVE what has come to past.

Fillers, from my point of view, were useful, they brought us new stories, that even if they didnt followed the manga, made us laugh and amaze.
Why are fillers hated you say? I dont know, I guess the fans just dont want another story besides the manga, they hate it, and yet, they watch it because they think is gonna worth it when Naruto Shipuuden begins to be aired it's my wild guess, you can have another point of view from the fillers and I'll appreciate it.

Shika, dont let arguements get to you, they're arguements after all, nothing more, nothing less. You're going to leave something you like just because there's stupid people that dont like you and choose to insult you instead of debate with you? well, hell with them!

What has Naruto thaught you? NEVER GIVE UP XD!  

Pekora

Mist-san

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:01 pm
Shikalee

A note:

Well, I am glad that we have gotten past our differances, and I hope you consider my pm I just sent you. And I agree that some people need to realise that its ANIME! Not real life. I enjoy Naruto ALOT, but I do agree that people take it a little too serouisly. DEBATING can be fun, but bitching at each other and just plain insults are NOT (and I know I have said some very hurtful things to you Shikalee, I'm human, thats all I can say). I just want to say "Truce"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:15 pm
gonk I'm utterly disgusted that it has all come to this >< People are so sure of themselves, and tend to shut out everyone else and fight to the death over stupid theories. stressed

Ok, first of all, I think neither provides more knowledge than the other. While the manga does provide a certain depth and insight that the anime does not, a lot of the same things are provided in the anime, and due to fillers, although they technically did not happen, the anime watchers are able to gain special insight on characters.

Shikalee I will truly miss you if you leave... I really hope you will be able to stay here.. I would be heartbroken to see you leave sad  

churrlo

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:21 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Fillers, from my point of view, were useful, they brought us new stories, that even if they didnt followed the manga, made us laugh and amaze.
Why are fillers hated you say? I dont know, I guess the fans just dont want another story besides the manga, they hate it, and yet, they watch it because they think is gonna worth it when Naruto Shipuuden begins to be aired it's my wild guess, you can have another point of view from the fillers and I'll appreciate it.

Shika, dont let arguements get to you, they're arguements after all, nothing more, nothing less. You're going to leave something you like just because there's stupid people that dont like you and choose to insult you instead of debate with you? well, hell with them!

And they were fun. I think I've gained a new appreciation for them, except the Shino laughing filler.
I think I hated (and still hate some) fillers because they were inconsistent. I mean, they stepped on holy, untouchable ground when they made Naruto outsmart Shikamaru. And don't even get me started with what they did to Hinata. xd Just curious, is Shipuuden the right spelling? I want to tell my spell check to shut up. xd

Yeah... but I'm sick of looking like a fool. An a**. Anyone who has been here since before Verd was a regular member knows that I was far more mild mannered and laid back. Something about her brings out the worst in me. I hate it.

Yeah. Maybe I should listen to Naruto. Shikamaru, too. He'd blow these people off...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:25 pm
shadowninjaofthemist
Well, I am glad that we have gotten past our differances, and I hope you consider my pm I just sent you. And I agree that some people need to realise that its ANIME! Not real life. I enjoy Naruto ALOT, but I do agree that people take it a little too serouisly. DEBATING can be fun, but bitching at each other and just plain insults are NOT (and I know I have said some very hurtful things to you Shikalee, I'm human, thats all I can say). I just want to say "Truce"
Yeah. I like you. :3

Yeah. It's anime. Main reason I'm sick of ARGUING. It's okay to discuss, even debate. But these arguments are getting nasty and personal. Over a goddamn cartoon, even... I love Naruto. Great book. I've kind of crushed on Shikamaru like he was a real guy. But I never confused Naruto with reality. Never. xd I mean, some of our arguments were good. Most of them aren't. In order to have a good argument with her, I have to completely restrain any emotional attachment I may have to the argument, myself, and to the characters involved. I have to let her insult the s**t out of things I believe in order to have a civilized discussion with her. And now it's so impossible because all that she can do is bring up the past just to piss me off more. Makes me wonder how the hell she has any friends in real life. gonk

And what you said was bitchy, rude, totally out of line, but first of all you had a pretty valid point, and second, the fact that you can admit it makes you completely forgiven. It makes you a good person. Truce. whee  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:28 pm
I'm not sure exactly what this thread is about but I'm going to try to address all of the questions asked.

I think the manga is more reliable than the anime. In the fillers, Shikamaru was said to be an academy teacher without the manga ever saying so, and Mizuki... is Tony the Tiger. So I think I'd have to say manga.

I think understanding the manga is important, but I think digging too deep into it is retarded. I think trying to make up situations to make a character more likeable is retarded. Actually, there's this one chick, loves Kakashi, says he's bisexual. She thinks he's a hyooj angst bucket, trie dto kill himself, related to Jiraiya, in love with Asuma, shiny uke, all that crap. It's creepy, because it's all she ever talks/thinks about, and everyone else's Kakashi is SOOO off, because they're not having angsty buttsecks out on a mission to cry, or whatever. It's like god, just... go outside or something. eek

That said, I think it's useful to understand that it's a fictional world (so Zabuza can dodge bullets and live yhrough all that stabby, etc), but it's also fun to argue. I think if you take the arguements too seriously, and get upset enough to want to leave, then maybe you should find something else to do anyways. It's not like this is personally affecting your life, or your school, or your friends or anything. It is just a comic book, a fictional world created by some guy on the other side of the world. If you really get too flustered by what goes on here, or you can't handle people disagreeing with you, then debate forums probably aren't the best place to hang out. Despite what you think, you don't upset me. You don't get me flustered, or angry over the things you say. it's just a comic, it's just a debate, your just a high school student I don't know. If you always take things to a personal level, you're going to get an ulcer by the time you're thirty. sad

Also, what about Sues? Have you been frequenting Naruto rps? whee wink  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:28 pm
churrlo
gonk I'm utterly disgusted that it has all come to this >< People are so sure of themselves, and tend to shut out everyone else and fight to the death over stupid theories. stressed

Ok, first of all, I think neither provides more knowledge than the other. While the manga does provide a certain depth and insight that the anime does not, a lot of the same things are provided in the anime, and due to fillers, although they technically did not happen, the anime watchers are able to gain special insight on characters.

Shikalee I will truly miss you if you leave... I really hope you will be able to stay here.. I would be heartbroken to see you leave sad
Me too. That's why I want to leave. Only thing keeping me here is that I really love my friends here, the GOOD discussions I have with them, and I don't think one stupid... well, one jerk is going to make me leave. It's what she wants. Giving her what she wants might bite me in the a** later...

Yeah. I believe the anime provides something VERY important that the manga does not; voices, mannerisms, expressions through movement, timing... The book tells me quite a bit about a character's posture, manner of speaking, and personality, but only a live moving image can tell me how their hands move, how they present themselves. The anime isn't the best quality, but it does provide something. surprised

I don't think I'll have the heart to leave. I'll probably put on a Shikamaru face and let her yell at a brick wall. Namely, me.  

Syndactyly

Pekora

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:36 am
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3

And they were fun. I think I've gained a new appreciation for them, except the Shino laughing filler.
I think I hated (and still hate some) fillers because they were inconsistent. I mean, they stepped on holy, untouchable ground when they made Naruto outsmart Shikamaru. And don't even get me started with what they did to Hinata. xd Just curious, is Shipuuden the right spelling? I want to tell my spell check to shut up. xd

Yeah... but I'm sick of looking like a fool. An a**. Anyone who has been here since before Verd was a regular member knows that I was far more mild mannered and laid back. Something about her brings out the worst in me. I hate it.

Yeah. Maybe I should listen to Naruto. Shikamaru, too. He'd blow these people off...

Quote from that filler:

Naruto: ''So that thing about ''my golden whiskers (bla bla bla)'' was yours?! hahah--
Shino: ''You Will Not Say Anything''
Naruto: '' eek , umm...yeah...''

what was that episode where Naruto outsmarted Shika?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:33 pm
For someone like me who hasn't watched hardly any of the fillers, this is a hard subject to debate on. But I suppose I could do my best. 3nodding

The few filler episodes that I did see happened to amuse me very much. 3nodding Okay, not really filler "episodes"....more like "quick, 8 minute scenes that I managed to load on youtube after waiting for an hour on dial-up connection." They were cute, and sometimes its fun to move away from the big plot and have some fun with tinier plots. It adds some fufillment to the story me thinks.

But I can also understand why certain people didn't like them. I heard that they started showing them right after Sasuke left. I'm not sure if this is true, but if you ask me, that's a *terrible* time for filler episodes. I mean, that's kinda like a crucial, critical point in the story that allows us to move into the second half of the story. People were probably too frusterated by the fact the the plot wasn't moving on after that, to care about the fillers.

Personally, if you look at them value wise, I think the filler episodes and the actual manga plot both had their uses. The manga actually moved the plot along, and kept the fans that didn't care about the fillers satisfied. While fillers on the other hand, were humerous, and a break from the real story. Since I haven't really seen a lot, I can't say they were ALL good...but from what I've heard they weren't that bad. Maybe 100+ fillers was over-doing it...but if you didn't like it, you were always able to read the manga.  

Kexita

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:20 pm
Shikalee

A note:

if I understood some of this like I think i did then.......Don't leave!!!!!!We love your constant rants about how stupid some of us are^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:59 pm
User Image

My name wasn't on your list.
cry
I'M GOING TO GO CUT MYSELF NOW! D;

Do you want to join a Narto Roleplay guild?

User Image

Historical

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:32 pm
I really hope you will stay, even if differences can't be put aside gonk Surely the good in this place overrules the bad? gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:56 pm
Historical

My name wasn't on your list.
cry
I'M GOING TO GO CUT MYSELF NOW! D;

(copied out of laziness)  

Mr._Stabby

~Kira Hime~

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:30 pm
Shikalee

A note:

Anime and Manga have it's own quirks to the show. Anime has the fillers, which were, and still are, fun. They give a new light to everything so you can look at the characters with at least the fact that they all get along. ((THe Shino Laughing Episode scarred me a bit though...)) The Manga is the actual story line, everythign in there is basically the facts that the Anime lives off of, and it sometimes seems that fans forget what was there first. Both are intresting to read and watch.

With Naruto, sometimes the Anime leaves somethings out that the manga has. ((Especally if you've ever seen the English Version. >.<)) Like you said, the book doesn't make any sence! You could be wishing and proving that Tobi could be Obito, and he could turn out to be an evil naruto twin. ((This is just for example)) or that the leader of AKatsuki was Sasuke's other cousin twice removed from his mother's side. You never find out until Kishimoto writes it down. Everyone can make guess about it. Another example: Shika smoking ((You had an arguement over that)) everyone has good guesses and sometimes they turn out true. The arguements sometimes get out of hand.

Personally, I like reading the arguements, you get to see to different point of views. But pleaseeee don't leave! Your a person with a lot of insight on the topic and I heart your posts! Don't let the arguements get to you! Like Churlo said, good must outdo the bad gonk crying  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff