Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Cobra Starship Guild

Back to Guilds

For all fans of Cobra Starship. FANGS UP! 

Tags: cobra, starship, gabe saporta, viva la cobra, fangs 

Reply ¡Viva La Cobra Guild!
+THE BAND+

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rice On Toast
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
About the band. When we get to know the band a little more this will be more detailed.
IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE THEN YOU MAY POST.

Quote:
At first, I tried whispering: "Gabriel! Gabe Ssssssssaportaaaaaaaa..." Then shouting: "BRO!"

But Gabe Saporta is a sound sleeper, especially after partying all night. And he'd raised a particularly raucous ruckus this evening because his band-our band, really-had just celebrated its one-year anniversary by playing to 10,000 screaming Japanese kids. As I watched him sleep, I could sense he was dreaming about worlds unconquered, mountains unclimbed and parties un-Gabed. I knew he was tired and he needed sleep. But I knew I needed action. So I bit him...I bit him right in the ******** neck.

Phase The First:
When I first met our future savior, he was depressed. His love of underground poker clubs had left him financially ruined and spiritually bankrupt. He'd spent months in his parents' basement in New Jersey putting together an album of the hookiest, most bangin' rock songs the world had never heard. But the world wasn't interested in hearing it, and so he'd given up. I found him wandering the Arizona desert, lost and bewildered and ready to die; beaten down by the sun and the heat, and the many droopy emo bands that were inescapable even there - hundreds of miles from civilization. It was 2005. And I had come from the future with a message for all of humanity: "You're ******** see, in the future, Cobras are the only ones who survive. But if mankind was to go out, I had to make sure it went out in style (and not like a bunch of p***y emo kids - or worse, like a bunch of whiny hipsters taking themselves too seriously).

Unbeknownst to Gabe, I had chosen him to lead the charge. He was at such a low in his life, that the sight of a talking snake from the future would not faze him in the least. Plus I knew that despite his current sorryass disposition, he had the talent, the songs, and the ambition.

When he danced however, he looked much like Wilt Chamberlain on ecstasy; a mess of limbs and bizarre faces. Fortunately, I was able to upload Fresh Moves version 6.4 onto his mental hard drive. I also uploaded Reason 3.0 so he could learn how to make beats and add a whole new dynamic to his songs. (After all, how was he going to teach all these white kids to dance if his songs didn't make them want to shake their a**?) Next, I gave him the missing link: a band (called Cobra Starship in honor of me of course), a launching pad (a little movie called Snakes On A Plane), and the sort of music industry mentoring that only a Cobra from the future can provide. Seeds were planted, a deal was signed, and within no-time Cobra Starship's first album, "While the City Sleeps, We Rule The Streets" debuted at #1 on Billboard's New Artists chart.

Phase The Second:
Gabe was a capable soldier, but without comrades, Cobra Starship would always be "just a project." And projects don't take over the world. My vessel needed a real band; a real one, not a label-auditioned set of Hollywood haircuts. With my starship set to "Sweet!," I discovered Ryland Blackinton playing Soldier No.4 in an off-off-off-Broadway production of The King of Siam - and truth be told, I had initially mistaken him for Tom Green. Next was Nate Novarro, an Atlanta drum tech who got so excited that he almost ran me over on his way out of town. In order to test his devotion to the Cobra, I had his car stolen three days later by my step-brother Larry (it's now Jupiter's smallest moon, and Young Nate's faith never wavered). I rescued Alex Suarez from a two-bedroom flophouse with nine people living in it. Naturally he came without a fight. And lastly, since in the not-so-distant future, all music will be played exclusively on the keytar, I devoted the most time to finding our final member, Vicky T. I could have found her sooner, but she was on Myspace. And snakes don't have fingers (which as you can imagine, makes typing quite the task).

Phase The Third:
Thus outfitted, Cobra Starship hit the road for a rigorous year of touring with the likes of Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, Gym Class Heroes, 30 Seconds to Mars, Cartel, Boys Like Girls and many more. Audiences swelled as the band earned a loyal fan base stretching across the globe. Drunk with ambition (and an herbal-confidence booster from my native planet, which I slipped into their drinks while they were in the bathroom), I convinced the band to embark on a second album to further spread the reach of my gospel. I assigned the sexy role of producer to my most-tenacious minion, LORD GROOVIUS, known to the earth people as Patrick Stump. Coincidentally, the Cobras were already on tour with Fall Out Boy, so the writing process was smooth, quick and easy (like yours truly).

As planned, the band birthed 11 songs from their creative wombs and headed straight to the studio (which is right next door to where I get my capes tailored!). A whirlwind of creativity ensued and before a month had passed the record was complete. But Cobra Starship has a job to do for me, and I have no time to waste. So the day the record was finished, I sent them off to conquer Australia, Europe, and Japan. Which brings us back to right now. In Tokyo. With Gabe sleeping, my starship parked in a handicap space, and the whole world waiting. Powered by songs like "Guilty Pleasure," and "Damn You Look Good And I'm Drunk (Scandalous)," their second album will launch them further and faster than they've gone before. But before this second coming of the Cobra can convert another soul, Gabe Saporta is going to have to wake up from his venom-induced coma.

"Gabe," I whisper, as he starts to stir, "It's time son"

Old Band Bio
Gabe Saporta was born in Montevideo, Uruguay, a tiny wedge of a country between Argentina and Brazil. At age four he immigrated to Queens with dreams of becoming a rockstar. His father, Diego, who had been a doctor in Uruguay, sold scarves on the streets of Manhattan to support his son's habits.

By age twenty, Gabe was well on his way to realizing his dream. In typical rockstar fashion, he crafted existentialist drivel out of his big bag of regurgitated bullshit, developed a messiah complex big enough to house a couple of homeless people, and spread his "gospel" to the four corners of the earth. Also in typical rockstar fashion, he talked a lot of s**t, picked fights, and ended up in a bunch of legal battles

When it finally came crashing down, Gabe found himself lost--living a life without meaning or purpose.

So Gabe headed for the arid wastelands of the Arizona desert to contemplate his existence.

In the desert, Gabe spends his days and nights pondering the nature of being, the collective unconscious, the irreducible complexity of bacteria flagellum, and perfecting blue steel--it's more of a softer look; he uses it for footwear.

However, every evening his meditations are interrupted by mysterious lights plaguing the night sky. On one particular such night, the lights are so mesmerizing that Gabe enters into a trance-like state. He becomes catatonic and weightless, so weightless in fact that he begins to levitate.

But just as Gabe is beginning to lift off the ground, a cobra lunges from the depths of the darkness and bites him! Bites him right in the ******** neck!

After a week on the brink of death, hallucinating from the venomous bite, he awakes to find the snake with a wet towel in its fangs, patting down Gabe's sweltering forehead.

"Holy s**t," Gabe exclaims, "this snake that almost killed me is patting down my forehead with a moist towelette!"

"Good morning to you too," says the reptile.

"Holy s**t! A talking snake!"

"I am a cobra," corrects the snake, "and the lights that have hounded you night after night are from the starship that brought me here. You see, I have been sent from the future to find you."

"Me?" Gabe asks, flattered and excited at the possibility of validating his existence. "Am I supposed to save the world!?"

"Uh, no," replies the cobra. "Not exactly. You see kid, there is no salvation." The cobra goes on to tell Gabe about the world's final days. Cobras were the only ones who survived.

Shocked by this tale of Armageddon, Gabe finally asks in bewilderment, "then what do you need me from me? What is my destiny?"

"The purpose of your life is to make sure mankind goes out in style."

"How do I do that?"

"By teaching hipsters to not take themselves so seriously and by telling emo kids to stop being pussies. How's that for a start?"

++++++++++

Gabe Saporta
Vocals
Bdate: October 11, 1979
Bplace: Montevideo, Uruguay
"That’s right, I’m an immigrant ********: Also lead singer/bassist for Midtown
Is tall. Very tall.

Ryland Blackinton
Guitar
Bdate: March 31
Notes: Also in an active band called The Ivy Leage with Alex
Is also very tall. Possibly taller than Gabe. rofl

Alex Suarez
Bass
Notes: Also in a band called The Ivy League with Ryland.

User Image
Victoria Asher aka Vicky-T
Keytar
Notes: Father is Peter Asher, a musician from way back when.
Replaced Elisa. Isn't so bad after all.

Nate Navarro
Drums
Bdate: May 4, 1986
Notes: Former drum tech for Hidden In Plain View and Armor For Sleep

++++++++++

Former members:

Elisa Schwartz
Keytar
Notes: Wanted to play the keytar so she could play the keyboard while moving around onstage

Due to popular belief, William Beckett, Travis McCoy, and Maja Ivarsson are not in the band sry2say. ):

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:18 am
In the album work, it says that only Gabe is in Cobra... wtf.
"Gabe Saporta is Cobra Starship"

r i n g p o p Ri0T

Rice On Toast
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:42 pm
METARDEDxC0RE

Yeah it does. ):
Oh well. Why can't we love the other folks too?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:10 pm
Rice On Toast
METARDEDxC0RE

Yeah it does. ):
Oh well. Why can't we love the other folks too?

Dats true.
The others don't rape bunnies.
:]

r i n g p o p Ri0T

Rice On Toast
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:00 pm
I know the first post should be updated, buuuuut I'll wait until we know more about Wilma Beck VickyT.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:48 pm
Whoa dudes you guys omg. LOL yeah it's Nate's birthday tomorrow. I just started the thing up today because I know I might forget or something.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NATE! They gotta party it up lol  

Rice On Toast
Captain

xXProud Maker of ChaosxX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:48 pm
me and gabe have the same birthday biggrin 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:01 am
That's cool. It'd be cool to have the same birthday as a celebrity.  

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

chrisbud10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:54 pm
i sware im like the only guy lol mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:40 am
So I am guessing this is a fact page, and I'm pretty sure you guys all know this, but I'll put it up just in case biggrin

1. Another name Gabe thought of for the band was Hot Child in the City.

2.The Church Of Hot Addiction was featured on a commercial for TGI Fridays.

3. Alex Suarez and Ryland Blackinton already have their own band called Ivy League.

How was the name formed?
Gabe:I love, like, old vintage jackets and had this one that said Cobra on it from the Sylvester Stallone movie. And I had another one, it was like a total Michael Jackson jacket with the zippers and stuff from the '80s, and on the back it said Starship Disco, so I just put both of them together.

Gabriel "Gabe" Eduardo Saporta.

Born on:: October 11, 1979.
Hometown:: Montevideo, Uruguay, South America.
Part in band:: Lead singer, Lyricist.
Can also play:: Bass.
Hair color:: Dark dark brown.
Eye color:: Dark dark brown.
Height::6"3 or 6"5.

Ryland Blackinton.

Born on::
Hometown:: Brooklyn, New york.
Part in band:: Guitar.
Hair color::Brown.
Eye color::Blue.
height::6'5"

Before joining Cobra Starship, Blackinton was the guitarist for the band Ivy League, along with Alex Suarez. They originally met in high school in 1997, but lost touch when Ryland procured his BFA in acting at Florida State University. Perhaps Blackinton's most notable performance in college was when he portrayed the difficult role of Victor Emmanuel Chandebise in the French farce, A Flea in Her Ear. He starred in this production alongside Nicholas Ciavarella who played Dr. Finache. Blackinton also has a knack for being hilarious and impersonating Gabe Saporta quite well.

Alex Suarez(known as Cougar Suarez).
[Full name, Alexandro Fransisco Suarez.]
Born on::
Hometown:: Brooklyn, New york.
Part in band:: Bass.
Hair color:: Brown.
Eye color:: Brown.

When he was younger he "waiting tables at "Mr. Deli's Jewish Delicatessan," in Boca Raton, Florida. He then pursued a career in the culinary arts.

Nate Novarro.

Born on::May 4th, 1986
Hometown:: Newnan, Georgia.
Part in band:: Drums
Hair color:: Brown.
Eye color:: Blue.

Victoria “VickyT” Asher.

Born on: January 20, 1984
Hometown: Los Angeles
Part in band: Keytar
Can also: Sing
Hair color: Brown.
Eye color: Blue/Green.

She is the daughter of producer, manager and musician Peter Asher who had the hit band Peter and Gordon who were part of the British Invasion. Her aunt is actress Jane Asher who was engaged to marry Paul McCartney. Her previous experience includes work with her band Optimo whom she formed with friends in Los Angeles. She went to NYU for film and directed/edited the "Guilty Pleasure" video for the band along with many other commercials/music videos/ tour footage montages. She sang on Neil Diamond's Christmas Special albums when she was only eight years old and appeared on an HBO television taping with Neil Diamond. She likes to be addressed as "Vicky T" or "Victoria" but dislikes the nickname "Vicky". She has a dog named Gizmo. She also has a side project called NotInTown with Frank Staniszewski (keyboardist of Big City Rock.)

Note:I am sorry if I posted some stuff that was already said.  

Megarama

Rice On Toast
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:14 am
Eye colour? Hahah I wonder what people did to figure that out.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:46 pm
Hahaha biggrin  

Megarama

xX_iCE_ScREAm_Xx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:21 am
omfg even though ive read te story of how cobra starship was made
(gabe and te cobra)lyke 2 million times

it nvr gets old
<333333333333333 it!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:01 pm
xXProud Maker of ChaosxX
me and gabe have the same birthday biggrin 3nodding