Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
mmm...sheep

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:50 pm
ok so I'm knitting a scarf with 100% wool, I never really do cuss its so expenseve, but I had the money so I got some.
its nice...but it just smells like....well I guess like sheep.
is there any way to get out that smell withought felting it?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.You can wash wool without felting it.
i found this tutorial quite helpful

firrantello

Tes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:52 pm
~
Am I the only person on earth that adores the smell of wool and lanolin oil?
~

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:47 pm
firrantello: thanks for the tip, I guess you can, and now that I think about it I kind of knew that but didn't think about it.

Tes: I don't know about that, but I'm not huge on it... its just not a worm kind of smell.

but I think this scarf is going on hold... I just remembered that she has really sensetive skin, so wool is out!
I'll have to pick back up on that one another time, and on another note, that means that I could play with feltting it... I've never felted anything so that could be fun.  

Lee Kushrenada

Tes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:08 am
Lee Kushrenada
Tes: I don't know about that, but I'm not huge on it... its just not a worm kind of smell.

~
I grew up with woolies; my sweaters, mits, toques, my mum's wool felt coat... the smell of wool is a warm and comfortable smell to me.
Unless we're talking about wormy smells, then I really must agree with you, wool doesn't smell like worms rofl

~

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:40 am
Tes
~
~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I don't mind the smell that much, but I am somewhat allergic, so I'm wary about it. I usually wash it to remove some of the lanolin more so than to get rid of the smell. *shrug*  

firrantello

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:26 am
Tes
Lee Kushrenada

~
I grew up with woolies; my sweaters, mits, toques, my mum's wool felt coat... the smell of wool is a warm and comfortable smell to me.
Unless we're talking about wormy smells, then I really must agree with you, wool doesn't smell like worms rofl

~
our lee likes to get his vowel wrong every now and then. It is part of his charm.

*turns lee into plushie lee, gives him stuffing squeazing hug, then turns him back into people lee*

being a guild mod gives me magic powers
*nods*

And I should probibly say something ontopic

I spent my time around sheep farms when I was a little tike, and I can say that wool doesn't really smell like sheep
sheep smell like poop
anybody want to know the litteral translation of the word dag?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:45 am
Tes
~
~
Wool and lanolin smell fine, but I'm allergic and break out in hives every time I get near. gonk

It's a tragedy.

Maer^ier

Tes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:55 am
~
I was terribly allergic as a small child. Sometimes I still find wool itchy (I can't wear wool when I have a cold or flu) and I wear something under it... but really it doesn't diminish my love for it 3nodding
~

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff