Yay,
Exercize.
100%
 100%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 29

glassfish

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:45 pm
... crying

I run only about 1/10 the amount I did over the summer and most of my muscle supporting my back is gone already. Now it aches way to often for my taste.

crying
Can't wait until the breaks so I can start back up again.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:46 pm
srry to hear that crying sad  

Moctezuma07

glassfish

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:47 pm
Moctezuma07
srry to hear that crying sad

Thanks for the concern, but I guess I'll just deal.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:59 pm
I hate running, but I do have to run in aerobics. The more I do it the easier it gets, but I have to be consistent.  

deathcomes_onsilentwings

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:50 pm
My lower back is all the times hurting when I lie down.
That's what I get for having weak stomach muscles.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:21 am
we should all go for a massage or something. those asians are really kickass with massages. i love them wink  

Ravisher Santinka

inuyashas_lilgirl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:36 am
I've just got a really bad back in general.
If i stand up too long, it hurts like hell.
If i sit down, it hurts even more.

I have heating pads, a chiropractor, even medication
for it...it doesnt work whatsoever....

It sounds like you just need to excercise more.
=]

You could try yoga or something, just to get your muscles
flexed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:23 pm
There're all kinds of back-strengthening things you can do even if you're not running. I recommend taking a dance class or doing some of their warmups. The flatbacks especially work your back muscles. Well... And the hinges. A lot of the excercises, really. They don't take long to do, either, so it'd be easy to do them each day until you get a chance to run again.  

R-e-d _ C a r e s s

Shirtless Shapeshifter

T w ! s t e d

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:42 pm
My own back has been hurting often to lately. confused And I don't even move much  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:11 pm
I know the feeling, I've had a bad knee since middle school...  

Hel Daughter of Loki

Oterys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:22 pm
I too know how you feel, I've been trying to find relief for the last 3 years for my back pain...and none is in sight.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:57 am
Strange though it sounds, singing has helped my back muscles. Holding a good note requires a lot of strength in the abs and lower back. My back pain problems have gone waaaay down since I started studying opera.

Yoga might help too. It's convenient, because it's something you can do without finding a lot of time to get out and be active. I'll bet there are basic online tutorials, so you wouldn't have to search for a weekly class or anything.  

Veruniel
Crew

melancholymolly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:52 pm
My back and shoulders are always aching because of all the exercise I do in my p.e. class. Especially when I have to do pushups.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:08 pm
My swimming coach gave my this advice and I found it would be very helpful for the situation you're in.

She said that if you are going to do any form of exercise where the main thing being worked isn't your core (abdomen, stomach muscles) you need to make time to strenghten those muscles. Otherwise you'll just throw out your back. Simple as that. She was a big time runner too and didn't know that you need to work your "core" to avoid back issues and one night she just threw her back out. She went to her doctor, physical therapist, blah-blah and every one of them emphasized working on your core.

Hope I helped. sweatdrop

Lexiegirl

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:31 pm
Lexiegirl
My swimming coach gave my this advice and I found it would be very helpful for the situation you're in.

She said that if you are going to do any form of exercise where the main thing being worked isn't your core (abdomen, stomach muscles) you need to make time to strenghten those muscles. Otherwise you'll just throw out your back. Simple as that. She was a big time runner too and didn't know that you need to work your "core" to avoid back issues and one night she just threw her back out. She went to her doctor, physical therapist, blah-blah and every one of them emphasized working on your core.

Hope I helped. sweatdrop

3nodding Very sound advice; I'll have to keep that in mind, myself  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas