Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Knitting beanies...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which one?
  Knitting
  Crocheting
View Results

`Add!e

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:32 pm
I was wondering, could someone help me? ^ ^;;;
I'm trying to knit a beanie out of that wacky yarn called fun fur (dunno if that really says what it is n__n; ) and then put it on my helmet for when I go snowboarding.
Or just wear around the house XD

How do I 'join into a circle, being careful not to twist'?
(I know how to knit a scarf, this'll be my first hat! X3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:43 pm
.Eluminigh.
I'm trying to knit a beanie out of that wacky yarn called fun fur (dunno if that really says what it is n__n; ) and then put it on my helmet for when I go snowboarding.

First off, are you using a circular needle of about 16" or shorter? Or even a set of double pointed needles? If not, you're going to either have to find a different pattern or invest in some new needles. Unfortunately there's really no way to knit in the round on straight needles.

If you have the necessary needles, then here are some videos that show and tell you how to knit in the round. Including joining that first row.

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/advanced_techniques/

Hope that helps!  

Catcheen
Crew

noocleer_biskit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:03 am
It basically means that you join the two ends of the stitches on the first row, but make sure that you didn't twist any of em up while casting on(a.k.a. make sure the bottom of the stitches are all on the bottom)...that would make for an interesting and very confusing project =S
I don't know if I am of any help....just thought I would try lol  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:17 pm
Catcheen
.Eluminigh.

First off, are you using a circular needle of about 16" or shorter? Or even a set of double pointed needles? If not, you're going to either have to find a different pattern or invest in some new needles. Unfortunately there's really no way to knit in the round on straight needles.

If you have the necessary needles, then here are some videos that show and tell you how to knit in the round. Including joining that first row.

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/advanced_techniques/

Hope that helps!

-eyetwitch- I just have regular 8 mm needles..TT__TT
Must..Get...New/Other..Needles.....! xD
Thanks so much! That site looks like it could help me if I got the right needles razz
..I think i'm going to ask for circular needles..Looks very handy ;D

`Add!e

x_dreamweaver_x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:40 pm
Circs are great. Not only can you knit in the round with them, but you can also knit back and forth. Three cheers for circular needles heart  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games