Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Stupid slow pc! =[

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

grrr
  dont you hate it!
View Results

Charlock_McCloud

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:02 am
i have all the expansion packs except sims2 pets.

but now i dont think i can get it.

because when i bought and installed sims2 nightlife, it slowed my pc down.

it took 30 minutes to get the game to neighbourhood view, 30 minutes to start playing. and about an hour to view nightlife when my sim went downtown!

so ive uninstalled it and its okay now. but now ive wasted 20 (english pounds) on a game i cant play!

and i darent buy pets incase it does the same thing.

but does that mean im going to miss out on seasons too? that expansion looks really good!

my hardrive is really small. so it could be that. but its really annoying.

when sims3 comes out ill have to uninstall the whole of sims2.

another waste of money! crying

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:04 pm
Sounds like you have an old computer. I don't know much about the inside workings of a computer but I'm guessing you need more RAM.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

lilyukina32784

3,150 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:15 pm
i think if you can try to get a new computer for christmas or the holidays if not it really sucks that you can't play the nightlife one ..... i just hope it doesn't slow mine down when i get it  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:22 pm

You need a bigger hard drive eek
Without a doubt

I had the same problem until I got an 80gig hard drive.
Sad thing is that it still takes about 10 minutes each time the game loads in, and into neighbourhoods etc.
Its got worse with pets now too gonk

Greenzally

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:22 pm
lilyukina32784
i think if you can try to get a new computer for christmas or the holidays if not it really sucks that you can't play the nightlife one ..... i just hope it doesn't slow mine down when i get it

Or maybe you could ask for some extra RAM for christmas? Cheaper than a whole brand new computer.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:43 pm
Greenzally

Really? eek Ever since I installed Pets my game's been running faster. Of course, Pet's also made my graphics go to the pits, so that may have some contributing factor xd

I would suggest turning your graphics onto the lowest settings if they aren't already, it should help out a bit. However I think you really need to get a new hardrive. Mabye ask for a removeable one and store all your pictures, ect. on it so you'll have lots of free space? Extra RAM should help you out as well 3nodding

Meruda

Charlock_McCloud

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:56 pm
Greenzally

You need a bigger hard drive eek
Without a doubt

I had the same problem until I got an 80gig hard drive.
Sad thing is that it still takes about 10 minutes each time the game loads in, and into neighbourhoods etc.

GAH!

my hardrives only 35gig!

most of its music and sims emo

okay...that's going on my christmas list then

100gig hardrive!!

then i can get pets seasons and reinstall nightlife....and hope for the best neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:47 pm
I wish you luck!,but everytime i install more expansion packs it slows my computure down!  

+Aniko_Chan+

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:28 am
+Aniko_Chan+
I wish you luck!,but everytime i install more expansion packs it slows my computure down!

Its inevitable that your computer will get slower with ever new pack you install. The game has to load extra game data everytime which means it takes longer to find it. This is the case no matter how good your computer is. It just changes how noticable it is.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:19 am
I have the same problem. My computer is too slow :'( The game is slow and jams for few while a time. And I only have the Sims 2 and the Night Life expansion pack :l I'll have to burn some anime to cd's and delete all programs I don't use... Or buy more memory...  

Sini X

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:05 am
My computer is ok for general playing but it lags when a sim changes outfits and I can't play the Landgrabbe (spelling?) mansion in OfB because my computer can't handle it. It changes all the settings to the lowest they will go and still has a hard time moving the camera.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:17 pm
♠ Bigger size=/=faster loading time. The thing is is that your spindle speed for your hard drive is a bit slow. I'm assoming that you have 5400 RPM for your spindle speed- there are two other speeds that I know of- 7200 RPM and 10,000 RPM. You might want to upgrade to one with one of those speeds. ♠  

Zwiebelsaft!

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff