Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.
Topic on How Much Backstage Prince Sucks. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Backstage Prince
  Sucks
  Is okay..
  I don't read it.
  ITS AMAZING I HATE YOUU.
View Results

Low Virtual Memory

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:59 am
Sorry to all you fans, but really.

I read the first chapter and thought it was okay...but its extremely repetitive. *looks at magazine*

chapter 1-

They meet. It is like a one-shot. basically the story was over before it began. They kiss...What happens backstage is their own little secret.

chapter 2-

They cuddle backstage...Akari is worried about their future. She thinks that he would choose miyuki over her..tralalaaa thinks shes too ordianry...she cries, they kiss..what happens backstage is their own little secret.

chapter 3-

Ryusei leaves..shes worried about their future 'cause he doesn't say he needs her and they can never get married... OH MY GOSH. a new guy comes in the picture. She doesn't even remotely like him...he teaches her about kaibuki..she leaves..she cries..her and ryusei kiss..what happens backstage is their own little secret..

chapter 4-

They cuddle backstage.oh my its the same pose as before..hes leaning on her shoulder..how sweet THE SECOND TIME! his schedule is hectic...she hardly gets to see him and is worried about their future..marriage is mentioned again...she cries, they kiss...even that face is a secret to everyone else..

Do you see my absolutely annoyed point?

And while we are on that subject..when the heck are they going to get rid of baby and me?! Most people don't freakin even read it!

Okay, I'm done ranting.

Discuss:

How much Backstage Prince sucks.
How much you hate me and love backstage prince.
annoyingly repetitive manga.
Baby & Me needs to die.
How bad my grammar is in this post.
Any other things that bother you about some Shojo Beat manga.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:20 pm
Uh.. I am moving this to another forum, because there is already a back Stage Prince discussion here... I'm moving this to the Cons Forum.. No worries this is not a warning.  

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

new-network-kyle-cracka
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:44 am
And while we are on that subject..when the heck are they going to get rid of baby and me?! Most people don't freakin even read it!

that's true. I usually read it as bathroom material, other than that, I just skip it. It's is very boring, not that much action at all. They should replace it with PUNCH! ,Beauty Pop , Skip Beat! or Tail of the Moon. Something interesting, like those.

I, personally, like Backstage Prince. I don't care if it's repettive, it's interesting enough.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:05 pm
I don't really like it either. The first chapter has covered maybe the first story arc. The author should've stretched that chapter out a little longer then just one chapter. it's super annoying.  

Tsammi-hime

Kyuurei

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:30 pm
I admit, Ryusei's and Akari's relationship was a bit rushed and needed more time, but it sure is addicting to read. On the other hand, yes, BackStage Prince is predictable. We all know what's going to happen; Make-out scene > Problem > Soultion > Make-out scene.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:47 pm
I don't really want to say anything bad about Backstage Prince because I personally enjoy it, but I will agree that they need to get rid of Baby & Me. I didn't like it the first time I read it even though I read it issue after issue in hopes it would grow on me. After about four issues I gave up. I don't like the plot or the drawing style.  

face2face

Megamachu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:10 pm
I don't mind Backstage Prince... Though, I usually read it last. But I loathe Baby & Me. It's creepy, and there is no plot line.

I say they replace it with something better. Because it's boring.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:59 pm
Ah! I'm so glad I'm not the only person who thought this manga is annoying. It seems that most of the manga in Shojo Beat has become things I could care less about or have already read or whatever.

I thought it was just a one-shot, so when I saw that it was replacing something I was shocked. And it replaced a manga I was actually interested in too!

Also, in my opinion, Baby and Me has never been interesting. I'd have liked one of the other Shojo Beat manga titles in it instead. Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden is obviously too long, but Full Moon, Meru Puri, or some other title would have been a much better choice for the magazine. In my opinion, both are more fun to read month by month. Especially when you can see the beautiful color art from both manga-ka. So frustrating!

Fuyu Maiden

Hellopeople45

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:42 pm
Next months issue is going to be it's last chapter! YAY! Now only if they replace baby and me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:59 am
Quote:
Next months issue is going to be it's last chapter! YAY! Now only if they replace baby and me.

Which one are they replacing? Backstage Prince? If so that was pretty quick. xD I don't like baby and me either. There was only one part in baby&me that interested me and that was the part about the Guy and his rabbit. That poor guy cry  

Bunny Suki

WelcometoNightmare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:21 am
mai_demon_angel

that's true. I usually read it as bathroom material, other than that, I just skip it. It's is very boring, not that much action at all. They should replace it with PUNCH! ,Beauty Pop , Skip Beat! or Tail of the Moon. Something interesting, like those.

I, personally, like Backstage Prince. I don't care if it's repettive, it's interesting enough.

I agree, they should replace Baby and Me with Punch!, or Beauty Pop. I also like backstage prince.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:54 pm
xDD I'm never picking that manga up now. Nor Baby & Me. It looks really retarted. I mean, really. Could a manga with babies in it really be dubbed "shojo"? =(  

Shigures Editor

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:52 pm
Bunny Suki
Hellopeople45

Which one are they replacing? Backstage Prince? If so that was pretty quick. xD I don't like baby and me either. There was only one part in baby&me that interested me and that was the part about the Guy and his rabbit. That poor guy cry

The next isssue will have the last chapter of Backstage Prince...it's not that they're getting rid of it exactly, it's just a really short series...I'm very curious to see what it will be replaced with...
I'm also rather curious to see when they'll be replacing Baby and Me, as it's a rather pointless series, that no one seems to read...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:43 pm
it's soooo repetitive! I don't enjoy it.  

rinsohma1028

emeraldisdead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:32 pm
kel aka gandy

The next isssue will have the last chapter of Backstage Prince...it's not that they're getting rid of it exactly, it's just a really short series...I'm very curious to see what it will be replaced with...
I'm also rather curious to see when they'll be replacing Baby and Me, as it's a rather pointless series, that no one seems to read...

It's getting replaced with Yumekira Dreamshoppe. You can find the summary for the first volume here: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/IOA2veVQH-TbDO5uN6/browse/item/72983/4/0/0

And the coverart is here: http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=1&pid=536827  
.: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games