Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
BEHOLD!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gemini6184

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:35 am
I have made ipod sock!

User Image

With plastic for the screen mrgreen

The guy I got for secret santa at work takes his ipod mini everywhere, and he's italian, so I discovered the specs online and designed this. I also wanted to get him a gift certificate for itunes, but were only sposed to spend five bucks sweatdrop and the lowest they come in is ten  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:44 am
Wow! All of my friends have nanos now, and i'm not willing to knit that small.... mad d  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

.Frivolous.Maverick.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:57 am

That's really neat.
What did you do to get the plastic to stay in place?

I may have to get an iPod just so I can get one of those. x3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 am
What a great gift! I'm sure he'll love it.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:24 am
I've been wanting to make myself one of those now for a while. I have a nano tough; poor abused nano! I drop it all the time. sweatdrop I'm a klutz. How is the plastic held in place? I'm in desperate need of a screen protector.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:44 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.haha. i love that it's a seasonal theme. i've made a few plain ones, but that's so much more fun than mine smile  

firrantello

Phishy

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:33 am
I should totally make my ipod one. It does double duty as a portable hard drive and it sees a lot of abuse. Right now it has one of the rubber store bought covers (that has gotten a rather lude nickname at school rolleyes ) It could use a little love, and I'm trying to find stash depletion projects.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:59 am
the plastic is from a bag my new dorm chair came in from spencers. i sewed it on with needle and thread. ill try and post a generic tutorial, but the hole for the click wheel ended up too big so that will need tweaked. he did like it anyway. for anyone whos wondering, i used worsted weight yarn and size 8 needles. took me all of two hours. and you have to measure in millimeters if youre working from the specs like i got online. heres the link: http://developer.apple.com/hardwaredrivers/ipod/

have fun! tut to come!  

gemini6184

Holy Fundip

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:05 pm
thats really cute, im working on an iPod holder/sock thing. and its quite plain but yours is adorable  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:22 am
That is so cute! I would love to make one... If I had an Ipod to stick it in that is... rolleyes  

DragonRissa

ElectroCuteCyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:30 pm
thats really cute ^^ i wish i can make one like that for my beaten ipod xDD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:12 am
that is so kool!!!! blaugh  

RocknRollDragon

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:41 am
That's really nice! How did you make the plastic liner?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:57 pm
that's really neat. I never would have thought of something like that. Do you know if it's possible to sew something like that? I would have no clue how to do it but it's just a thought.  

sakurachan61123

x_dreamweaver_x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:40 pm
That's really awsome heart  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out