Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
A humorous video for those who hate text talk.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IEditYourWorld

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:23 pm
Hello fellow guild members.

For those of you who are annoyed by text talk, this is the video for you. It is by a Scottish comedian with the screen name of MarkDayComedy. His videos are editing using a series of jump cuts, so do not be surprised if you see him breaking continuity by going from spot to spot during his rant. As an editing rule of thumb, jump cuts are bad unless they are done intentionally, which this is a good example of.

The video, known as "The Smiley Intervention," can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVOFmu2ZIqI

Enjoy the movie!
IEditYourWorld  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:30 am
Nice one.
Silly, but nice.  

Fatal Hilarity

Aubrey Nicole

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:17 pm
I watched that before. It was awesome.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:56 pm
...Odd.  

Elanchana

Black Cat Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:53 pm
Haha, kill the smileys. Its anoying because of all the dang smileys people use. Really, like I'v seen someone who used about 10 smileys in one sentence.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:02 pm
Now, you have to wonder...

Who owns the most cats in this guild?  

Caleb Hellforge

[ Pyrite ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:25 pm
[x]
I love it, I love it, I just e-mailed this to some friends who will adore it as well. I especially like how the cat just hangs out in a pot at the end. Thank-you very much for sharing this - I actually laughed out loud.

Vadatajs: I have a cat, it must be from the odd Korean emote I'll let slip when playing online games.

Black Cat Fighter: There is a mistake in grammar in your signature. It should be "You're" or "You are" going to donate to me. Not "your" going to donate to me.

~
Pyrite
[x]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:33 pm
*Kneels in prayer before his Bast altar*

Beloved Bast, mistress of happiness and bounty, twin of the Sun God, slay the evil that afflicts our minds (and the people who associate us, your worshippers, with the vile Emoticon users) as you slew the serpent Apep. With your graceful stealth anticipate the moves of all who perpetrate cruelties and stay their hands against the children of light (and delete all their videos from You Tube). Grant us the joy of song and dance, and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk (like the Internet, where there's no sympathy for cat worshippers).  

[Mammon]

[-]Battery[+]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:48 am
-applaudes-

I'm glad I donn't send smilies, LOLs and endless exclamation marks; we already have two cats, I doubt we need more.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:54 pm
Yes! Finally someone has put my complaints in a readily accessed video.  

availableforopening

Starry Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:03 pm
i just recently got over my obsession with using "lol" And i'm telling you it was so bad. I'm glad I use nice grammar now. It feels alot better!

Oh and that video was so funny! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:02 pm
I use smilies sometimes. =P

Actually, I've seen that before, it wasn't all that amusing to me; not bad though.  

cantchangemynameahhdf

Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff