Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
decorating binders Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hyper_azn_girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:24 pm
I have lots of binders at school, and they're boring!!!! They're plain colored and... plain. I really want to do something about them. any suggestions? I know a lot of ways to decorate them (drawing on them, using contact paper and making a collage, wrapping a bunch of headbands around it, etc...) Do you have any suggestions? Have you guys ever decorated your binders and notebooks before?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:51 am
My daughter had some that had a clear window to slide stuff into once, I thought it would be cool to make some different drawings and switch them out depending on her mood.
We've used stickers and sharpie markers to decorate her binders before.
Back when I was in school I would tape cartoons and comics to my binders with clear package tape. I'd find them in magazines and the newspaper.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

firrantello

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:49 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I'm a big fan of sharpies. Hehe. Um, for textbooks, I've made book covers out of used grocery paper bags and then done stickers and drawn. I used to go online and find my favorite pictures and print them out and stick them in the clear window that ForestGreen mentioned (those are ever my favorite for being changeable and fairly sturdy). I have a friend who always did bumper stickers.
Really, it's anything you can think of.
I mean, I used fabric paint on a CD case the other week for a Christmas present... it really is anything you feel like and can think of.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:42 pm
A great idea that I've found is that if they don't have a little plastic cover, find a sheet of plastic, like a sturdy plastic case(one you might find as say....the packaging to a new bed sheet or something) and cut it to size, and then use duct tape and tape around the edges, then you can use the duct tape, in different colors, and use it to decorate the inside and back of the cover if you only want to do one side. And then you'll have a unique binder, and one that you can have an interchangeable picture in!  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

sparklingbutterfly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:08 am
i don't know about binders but i know that the holographic planners that schools give out at the beginning of the year....well mine does....anyways...if you open it up and take nail polish remover to the back it rubs off....then you can personalize your planner....the planners that can do this are made by premier  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:21 pm
sparklingbutterfly
i don't know about binders but i know that the holographic planners that schools give out at the beginning of the year....well mine does....anyways...if you open it up and take nail polish remover to the back it rubs off....then you can personalize your planner....the planners that can do this are made by premier
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.yours are holographic? that's cool. ours are boring white and blue with a bad montage of the school on the front.  

firrantello

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:04 pm
We have the premier ones too.
Usually, if you put black sharie(or any color, really) it'll change the tint of everything on the front. It's cool!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:35 pm
sparklingbutterfly

cool!
i wanna try that. Our school hands out those planners too xd  

hyper_azn_girl

Sammirah

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:42 pm
Anyone can do drawings in sharpies. What about hot gluing fabric and lace and buttons and stuff? Well, buttons might come off, who knows. But I think fabric and ribbon would be neat. Betcha you could start a trend. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:42 am
Sammirah
Anyone can do drawings in sharpies. What about hot gluing fabric and lace and buttons and stuff? Well, buttons might come off, who knows. But I think fabric and ribbon would be neat. Betcha you could start a trend. 3nodding

that is a neat idea.....i might have to try that!  

sparklingbutterfly

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:13 am
I used to use fabric glue and put fabric on my binders. Though I think that it took quite a bit of glue I think that the fabric was basically soaked in the glue. And spray on fabric glue doesn't work on the binder.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:00 am
I do this to thos weird college notebook things. The black and white ones? ANYWAYS! What ya do is get a bunch of pictures you like and arrange them the way you want on the binder. glue them on and then take that really thick tape that is see through and but that over it. I'ts kinda of like elaminating it. I've decorated a couple things like that and it kinda represents you. I use things from magazines or random print outs from the net.  

sakurachan61123

Volatile Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:09 pm
When I was in school I used to decorate my notebooks by winding ribbons throughout the spirals. Sharpies are your best friend when it comes to decorating school-related stuff, and also you could buy some of those stupidly named "Bling Bling" gems that have the stickies on the back and create some designs to decorate the covers.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:21 pm
One time, i took cloth and basically made my own binder. mad D I took the cardboard thats inside out, made a fabric sleeve that fit it perfectly, covered the end bit (the one with the rings) with fabric, making straps so that the rings were uncovered, and sewed the whole thing together. I sewed designs on the fabric before i put the cardboard in it.

My binder lasted for about a week.

I generally get the binders with the sleeve on the front.

for notebook i generally start with sharpies, newspaper/magazine/random stuff clippings, and packing tape. twisted  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:02 am
sakurachan61123
I do this to thos weird college notebook things. The black and white ones? ANYWAYS! What ya do is get a bunch of pictures you like and arrange them the way you want on the binder. glue them on and then take that really thick tape that is see through and but that over it. I'ts kinda of like elaminating it. I've decorated a couple things like that and it kinda represents you. I use things from magazines or random print outs from the net.

I actually kind of just did this for this semester. Sans the gluing part and on a regular binder.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff