Submit

gothic?
paints my face white(hell yah..))
100%
 100%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 31

[deathrose]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:24 pm
hay whats up just wanted to know heres the types of goth i am..
deathrocker and romantigoth you?if u dont understand which goth ur feel free to ask and ill come back and list all the goths..

Romantigoths
by far the most reconizable group romantigoths are attrated to old world aspects of the goth scence they favor period grab over moderm clothing and may go to great lenghts to recreate the romance and pagentry of centuries past
advantage:they dress a lot better than you

deathrocker
unlike romantigoths who stive elegeance DR are most convienced with appering freshly dug up from the grave ...
MUSICAL:deathrock some punck and old school goth

cybergoths
most interested in distance future than in distance pass CG are a fairly recent addition to the gothic family tree day sport futuristic ,styles consisting synethic hairextension facial pericing platform boobs bg are not shy away form bright colors
LIKES razz LASTIC HAIR GLOWSTICKS TOY RAY GUNS ANYTHING THAT GLOWS

ethergoth
srene thoughtful n cretive eg poetry and listening to music...

theres more to come..  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:48 pm
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

Nice little walk through you have here.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

Dante Omura

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:54 pm
eatherea10938
hay whats up just wanted to know heres the types of goth i am..
deathrocker and romantigoth you?if u dont understand which goth ur feel free to ask and ill come back and list all the goths..

Romantigoths
by far the most reconizable group romantigoths are attrated to old world aspects of the goth scence they favor period grab over moderm clothing and may go to great lenghts to recreate the romance and pagentry of centuries past
advantage:they dress a lot better than you

deathrocker
unlike romantigoths who stive elegeance DR are most convienced with appering freshly dug up from the grave ...
MUSICAL:deathrock some punck and old school goth

cybergoths
most interested in distance future than in distance pass CG are a fairly recent addition to the gothic family tree day sport futuristic ,styles consisting synethic hairextension facial pericing platform boobs bg are not shy away form bright colors
LIKES razz LASTIC HAIR GLOWSTICKS TOY RAY GUNS ANYTHING THAT GLOWS

ethergoth
srene thoughtful n cretive eg poetry and listening to music...

theres more to come..

That's from Voltaire's "What Is Goth?" isn't it? xp  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:46 pm
eatherea10938

platform boobs

Classy.  

-Isel-

R-e-d _ C a r e s s

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:40 pm
Though I can't lay claim to platform boobs ( rofl ), I suppose I'd fit in the most with the Cybergoth and Ethergoth groups. I'm not very into loud music and while I like candles, roses and the like, I'm hardly a Romantigoth.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:28 pm
From that list, I'd say Ethergoth for me.  

littlewonder

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:31 pm
As I said in your other thread...

GilAskan
When you say "Different Goth Styles" you'll have to be more specific. Different fashion styles? "Types" of goths? Here, I typed this up a few weeks ago; it gives the major branches and related spin-offs of goth:

GilAskan
Ignoring the definition of someone who is just a "plain" goth, here are some major sub-divisions of the culture:

Cyber-Goth
A goth who crosses over between the goth and futurist (also known as "cyber"; see below) subculture. Cybergoths dress in futuristically inspired outfits (as opposed to the typically victorian influence outfits) and typically listen to darkwave (a combination of goth-rock and electronica), such as the Cruxshadows.

RomantiGoth
A goth who crosses over between the goth and New Romantic subcultures, or draws influence from either movement. Romantigoths dress in turn-of-the-century style wear, drawing strong influence from Victorian, Edwardian, Baroque, and even Renaissance fashion. Romantigoths are sometimes mockingly called "mopey goths". Romantigoths listen to music with such influences, such as Voltaire.

Industrial-Goth
A goth who crosses over between the goth and industrial subcultures. Industrial goths take on more abrasive fashion, drawing influence from rivet-head (industrial fans) fashion, as well as militaristic influence. Industrial-goths regularly listen to darkwave (see above) and EBM (a blend of industrial and techno), such as Nitzer Ebb.

Punk-Goth/Classic Goth
Goths devoted to the early scene (which grew out of punk, obviously). These goths tend to be older, and wear fashions of the time (tight black jeans, leather jackets, black aviators, Robert-Smith-hair, etc.). They likewise listen to early goth bands and proto-goth bands, like Adam Ant or Gloria Mundi.

Deathrock-Scene
Deathrock (not to be confused with death-metal) was a dark, ominous form of punk which grew alongside goth in the early 80's. Mostly develeoped in America by a handful of bands (most noteably Christian Death). The death-rock scene has wild, violent fashion, drawing influence from glam and punk, as well as from old horror movies. The scene was eventually absorbed into the goth culture.

Psychobilly
The odd blend of goth and rockabilly subcultures. Pioneered by such bands as the Meteors and the Cramps, the style of music has a small following, which has essentially been absorbed entirely into the goth-culture. Very similar to the death-rock scene, fashion wise.

New/Neo Romantics
The New Romantic movement was a fashion and philosohy movement of the late 70's and early 80's. Equipped with effeminate, glam-inspired fashion, the New Romantics (as the original romantics did) primarily believed that science and logic only made life worse, and that faith, love, and artistic expression would make for a better life.

Futurists
The Futurist movement was a musical and philosophical movement of the late 70's and early 80's. Musically, the futurists embraced progressed, experimental synthesized music. Philosophically (in opposition to the new romantics), Futurists believed in forward-thinking and innovation, and that these things would allow for new artistic and eccumenic expression.

Neo-Goth
"Neo-goths" as a whole aren't goths, but instead, are a new wave of club-goers who wear goth-influenced fashion. Neo-goth fashion is typical club fashion, though, with a darker twist. Neo-goths listen primarily to darkwave music, leaning more towards that which is more electronic in nature, such as VNV Nation.

GRaver
GRaver is a simple portmanteau of "goth raver". GRavers are much like neo-goths, and are, rather simply, ravers who draw inspiration from the goth culture.

EGA/EGL
This pair of acroymns stands for "Elegant Gothic Aristocrat" and "Elegant Gothic Lolita" respectively. Not so much an actual culture as it is a Japanese varient of goth fashion, followers of EGA and EGL will listen to darkwave as well as symphonic metal; the group Malice Mizer (who popularized the fashion) is particularly popular. The fashion revolves around a style which makes it's wearers look similar to Victorian porcelain dolls.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:49 am
Is it possible to be more than one type of goth? >_<""  

Forever_the_child

Hel Daughter of Loki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:22 am
Well, I'm closest to the romantigoth, or the EGL's I suppose... though my style of dress is widly varried. My parents were both hardcore bikers so part of my wardrobe is strongly infuanced by that (leather, tassles and chains combined with reveiling tops and jeans to make a more masculinly feminine look that's essily mantained). But I'm also strongly infuanced by Japan, so part of my wardrobe also consists of Lolie type dresses, as well as traditional, and non-traditional Kimonos. I'm also In love with Rocky Horror Picture show, so I have my own share of RHPS ware. And Finally I'm strongly infuanced by vampires and the vampire cuture. That's really where the romantigoth comes in... but I also love the more new age vampire fashions.

In short I'm a bit of a walking contradiction.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:34 am
Now adays Cybergoth can also refer to those that fallow the anime movement.

Hel Daughter of Loki

Al-aaraaf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:34 am
Honestly, I don't know which I am.
I hold quite a few aspects of each...

Not to follow any stereotype, but I tend to wear all black.
Just regular black jeans, somewhat baggy. I clip a small chain of safety pins to one leg.
My shirts consist of plain black, to various bands. Very few are colored.
I wear fingerless gloves, and a spike collar.
I sometimes wear eyeliner, and black nail polish.
My hair is long and dark. And I am quite pale.

Music wise, I love punk over anything else.
(Old and new)
But I also love The Cure, and The Distillers, etc

My mind set is, I am me and if you don't like me then thats your opinion.
I don't dress to show I am Goth, I dress based on my tastes.
I love to read, new and old books.
I don't stereotype, or make friends based on what clique they are in.
I like my life for the most part, despite how "Dark" my poetry is.
I love art of all kinds.

Thats about it...
Maybe someone could clarify things for me...
And I am sorry if I offend anyone based on how I am, or if calling myself "Goth" is incorrect and offensive.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:49 am
[Akabane Kuroudo]

Just regular black jeans, somewhat baggy. I clip a small chain of safety pins to one leg.

(Old and new)

I love art of all kinds.

Thats about it...
And I am sorry if I offend anyone based on how I am, or if calling myself "Goth" is incorrect and offensive.

You are a goth (or can be, if you choose). You'd most closely be associated with the classic-goth branch, if you put yourself into one branch or another.  

GilAskan
Crew

Al-aaraaf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:49 pm
GilAskan
[Akabane Kuroudo]

(Old and new)

I love art of all kinds.

Thats about it...

You are a goth (or can be, if you choose). You'd most closely be associated with the classic-goth branch, if you put yourself into one branch or another.

Oh, ok.
Thank you.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:31 pm
A goth is a goth

it doesnt matter what "type" you label yourself  

Kaydienne

Starfish Attack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:07 pm
ah well your missing quite a few sub categorys there.

The Perky Goth(glitter,scary carnivals,euphoric,cuteness,scary way)Teh Rivet Head(pretty much like death rocker only more industrial) and the Trad Goth (more of the 80s gothic look that isnt so popular these days) oh also the Fetish Goth which i believe speaks for itself and i think theres some others I just cant think of at the moment.

but uh Im a perky goth goin into cyber goth

>.>
<.<

merrr
yes?

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items