Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Knitting with beads?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rawr 112

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:00 am
I want to knit a few quick bracelets and such, but need to know how to knit with beads.

I heard you need to place alll the beads on the yarn before you knit with it, but...I don't quite understand. Could anyone help me, please?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Sure thing. It's not too hard. String all the beads you think you'll need (and some extra to be safe) on to the yarn before you start knitting. Start the project. Where ever it tells you to place a bead, you simply push the bead up the working yarn to meet the needle and keep knitting. The bead should be held between the stitches.
I'm looking for some pictures for you, I'll post again if I find any.

edit:
I couldn't seem to find any clear step by step pictures, but this article from knittymight be able to help (look toward the bottom)

firrantello

Rawr 112

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:26 pm
Thanks. =]

I had saw an article on adding beads by crochet hook, but I didn't have one small enough, or beads big enough.
I'm not following a beaded pattern, I just thought I'd try and make a beaded bracelet on my own.
I've currently strung some beads onto the yarn, and was going to just knit, bringing them up when I needed them.
Would that work?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:54 pm
firrantello
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Sure thing. It's not too hard. String all the beads you think you'll need (and some extra to be safe) on to the yarn before you start knitting. Start the project. Where ever it tells you to place a bead, you simply push the bead up the working yarn to meet the needle and keep knitting. The bead should be held between the stitches.
I'm looking for some pictures for you, I'll post again if I find any.

edit:
I couldn't seem to find any clear step by step pictures, but this article from knittymight be able to help (look toward the bottom)
Some of those pictures look so pretty, I'll have to give that a try. mrgreen  

Sammirah

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

firrantello

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:39 am
Rawr 112
Thanks. =]

I had saw an article on adding beads by crochet hook, but I didn't have one small enough, or beads big enough.
I'm not following a beaded pattern, I just thought I'd try and make a beaded bracelet on my own.
I've currently strung some beads onto the yarn, and was going to just knit, bringing them up when I needed them.
Would that work?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It should work. I mean, that's all that doing it in a pattern is usually, you're just making up your own pattern, so yeah.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:33 am
Rawr 112
Thanks. =]

Would that work?
I was just about to post a reply to this, but then I rembered, I don't knitt so my opinion is useless.
but it SOUNDS like it will work to me.  

I be me
Vice Captain

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:17 am
i knit wire with beads and buttons razz  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:52 pm
you can find some info on that on knitty.com or the knitty gritty section of diy.com  

fashionista468

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff